Is there something wrong with it? How about Hannah – sounds a bit like his preference for Anna – but more oldfashioned. The baby’s last name will be similar to Landsberg. Audrey Luna Harvey Share Your Updates With Family And Friends Every Week.

from 2018. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Harvey.

Mia Luna Harvey

Emily people! In a couple of years, I think people will associate the name with the young Harveys they know, as opposed to these past events. Herve.

Love it.

Harvey is still clunky but cool to me.

My sons name is harvey and i love it !!! Baby Name Generator With Last Name Finding a name is hard.. its even harder to find a name that matches your last name -- which you cannot change (easily). 2 kids; Rhode Island, 1 child; Gayville, South Dakota, 2 kids; Simpsonville, South Carolina, TTC since Jul 2013; 1 child; Illinois. Jade After Katia, Lee. I'm so glad that someone else appreciates Harvey on a girl!

Penelope Luna Harvey

I think it really depends on the middle name, or at least the syllables in the middle name. Unpopular Opinion: I prefer Harvey on a girl. Or you might spilt the difference and use something like Katrina/Catalina that gets the nn Kate/Cate – or Anneliese, Annabel, Annarose, Anastasia, Anthea …. I've always adored this name so much, and I hope it doesn't lose popularity because of stupid Weinstein. But, having had time to process all of 2017’s bad Harvey press, I now think it is totally usable. Scroll down to see what name Kim chose. Save to list.

Harvey Kinkle, character on TV's "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" Harvey Dent aka Two-Face, character in the Batman series Harvey Bullock, character in the Batman series Harvey Reginald Specter, character on TV's "Suits" Harvey Rupert Elder, also known as Mole Man, character in Marvel Universe Dr. Harvey Allen, character in Marvel Universe "Harvey," 1950 movie about a giant imaginary rabbit "Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law," animated series and main character Harvey …

In my opinion, you could probably find something negative about any name if you tried hard enough.

Emma Hurricanes and tropical storms are named after every letter of the alphabet... that's how it works.

Update – The baby has arrived! Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. I think Charles Henry sounds perfect with Harvey James. Mia, Olivia, Juliet, Aurora, Emma and Sophia.

She and her husband like different types of names, so let’s tackle one gender at a time.

Melinda Luna Harvey As soon as I read the name I my mind went straight to girl. If I had to choose a favorite that goes with Harvey from each list… Probably Lydia and Sebastian. Baby Names Girl Names Boy Names Unisex Names. I love Harvey James – what a tough act to follow!

Finding middle-ground male names was a bit trickier, but I think most of the names below fit the bill.

Harvey previously had a respectable run as a Top 100 name in the U.S. in the late nineteenth and early decades of the twentieth century, after which it began to get a bit of a nerdy rep. I had plans to name my son Harvey and he ended up being born during Hurricane Harvey. Harrison seems great but may be too "matchy" with Harvey.

Or you might spilt the difference and use something like Katrina/Catalina that gets the nn Kate/Cate – or Anneliese, Annabel, Annarose, Anastasia, Anthea … Harvey and Owen sound fine together for boys, but I think Harvey and Conrad are a great pair.

I also like Everett, Leo/Leonard, Nathan (what about Nathaniel? Source: BabyCenter user data. Harvey was the name of an invisible man-sized rabbit who could only be seen by Jimmy Stewart's Elwood P. Dowd in a popular 1950 movie, and was the name of the main character in Rudyard Kipling's novel Captains Courageous. These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Harvey.

Which of the names above do you like best?

Harvey, which was brought to England by the Normans and is a version of the French name Herve, has some noteworthy references, such as a blind sixth century saint who was said to be a monk and minstrel able to talk to animals.

Melinda If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Harvey, try our name generator. Hurricane Harvey is probably going to lower usage of this name in the US, just like Katrina lessened in use after 2005. Harvee,

A name ending in A or T maybe N would flow better. A reader named Kim has a son named Harvey James. There was a storm named Emily earlier in the year.

Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Connor and Owen.

To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account.

I love the name Katrina as well, but worry people will now associate these names with flooding and destruction. If I ever have a son, I am going to name him Harvey :) it's a strong sounding name and a family name.

Congrats, Kim! Your email address will not be published.

advertisement | page continues below Related names. The meaning of Harvey is nice, and I like the history and roots behind the name. The name was first used in the 16th century as a feminine form of Henri and means ‘home ruler’. ), Popular Baby Names in South Australia, 2019.

Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Baby Name Needed – Middle Name for Lucinda, Baby Name Needed – Name for Harvey’s Sibling. Juliet Luna Harvey And that's not good for the baby name Harvey's future. Harvey is what my mother's family's name was changed to when they came to this country from Ireland in the 1860's.

That would be sad and unfortunate. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. 32.

Okay so now were down to:

I hate that his name was associated with two negative things in 2017, but I think that these associations will fade pretty quickly. I'm not a huge fan of it on either gender, but I can see where you're coming from.

You can use our middle name generator to find middle names that match the first name, Harvey. I love this name so much! But with all that, horrendous storm Harvey and horrendous abuser Weinstein will inevitably have hugely negative effects on the name.

A) It's in the top 100 in my country (which call me a snob but isn't something I'd do) and B) My dad worked with a company with Harvey in their name that didn't end on good terms.

For a girl, have you considered Cordelia? Millicent (Solved!

Just because you name your son Harvey, doesn't mean people will automatically think of Harvey Weinstein. Your email address will not be published. Isabella:

Mia

old fashioned names like Matilda, Agatha, and Wilhelmina, and he likes more common names like Kate and Anna. As for the boys, Bennett is a favorite of mine, as it’s in my top 5 favorite boy names for now.

You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Harvey on Nameberry. (I also sprinkled in a few random others that I happen to like with Harvey.). The Debut of Delinah – Nancy's Baby Names, The Surfacing of Cepeda – Nancy's Baby Names, What Popularized the Baby Name Deneen? Names That Mean Strong, Brave or Powerful, Names That Mean Warrior, Soldier, or Knight, Cottagecore Baby Names Turn Back the Clock, Australia's Most Popular Baby Names Show Unique Style.

What other names would you suggest to Kim and her husband?

Wish NB would stick to being a neutral name platform. I had always liked the name "Harvey" and had grown to love the name "Katrina" since the time of the cyclone that had that name in the year 2005. Better than all these weird made up names!!! Zoey, Emma and Sophia I like off your list. Zoe ends with an EE sounds Zo-EE, Penelope - Pen-el-oh-pEE. Harvey and Petra sound great together, too.

But also middle name no one on here likes so i'm just going to get a first name and put the middle name in there. It would be a real shame.

See your list. After Maria, Nate. They will probably just think, ''Wow, what a lovely smile this little boy has!''. Two of the worst events of 2017 involved the name Harvey, the storm and accused sexual harasser Weinstein.

The EE sound sounds off since Harvey ends in an EE sound, too. How about Adam for a boy – strong masculine but also oldfashioned and traditional. After Jose will come Katia.

Connect with 1000s of pregnant moms & parents in your area! masculine? Olivia My son’s name is Harvey and I love it.

I can objectively see its appeal as this retro-cool off-the-beat revival name, but I personally don't quite like Harvey- I think it's the Harv- sound that bugs me. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Unfortunately, Hurricane Harvey was only one of many terrible storms that occurred this year and Weinstein was one of many horrendous abusers that came to light. I dare say that if I ever had another baby boy, he would be Harvey. Would you like to follow Harvey?