This retains the flavor of the barley and creates lighter, less smoky scotch. These options are not chill-filtered and aged in different casks like Oloroso Sherry and white oak. 85-89: Amazing, will always try to keep a bottle of this in my collection.

Years available: 12, 14, 15, 18, 19, 21, 26, 30, 40, 50 (Winchester Collection). I have not had the chance to taste the 15 yet, but I love the 18, so if they are nearly identical, I'm looking forward to trying the 15 :) thanks for the review! These two brands go head to head all over the world.

With time, the sweetness intensifies and there is a hint of apricot at the very end which makes this rather enjoyable. Whisky Review #45: Glenfiddich Triple Threat (12 vs 15 vs 18) Posted on March 20, 2016 January 17, 2017 by WhiskyMate Continuing on with the Speyside connection, this week’s review focuses on three different expressions from the same distillery going head to head against one another in the battle for supremacy. Conclusion: An easy to drink whisky that’s a great introduction to sherried/lighter scotches. The Glenmorangie is a Highland distillery in Tain, Ross-shire, Scotland and boasts the tallest stills in Scotland. Calling it Phoenix something. Their job was to maintain and care for the copper stills and oak casks. It first spent 15 years maturing in the standard oak casks. COULEUR. Mouthfeel isn’t too bad but you can tell the flavors haven’t had the time to develop themselves. I think they're greatly underestimated because for many people it's an introduction to SMW. Glenfiddich 15 Year Solera Reserve Single Malt Glenfiddich // Speyside, Scotland Shop Now 8 sellers Details. Toffee sweet, rich and creamy. The Glenfiddich 18 vs Glenmorangie 18 yo whisky. Then, when both elements have reached 18 years, they are blended back together. 3 out of 5 stars ( 2053 ) The Solera Reserve expression from Glenfiddich is quite unique. It’s a good option if you want to stay in budget but still get a Glenlivet taste!). Brett. Today I look at a comparison of 15-year-old whiskies; two classic brands. Glenfiddich 15 Year Old. Kathryn Loveless is a freelance writer for hire who delights in all things delectable. With time, the cinnamon and nutmeg makes an appearance along with some oaky undertones. However, if you’re trying to pick, here’s a good guideline. Speyside is a specific region within the Scottish Highlands, defined in 2009. Apple notes replace the smokier flavors. Has anyone tried it yet? They use an in-house stillman who cuts the whisky by hand and cooperages tend to the casks on site. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Finish: grape candy, smooth. But I’m certainly not going to tell you what your taste in Scotch should be! Which 18 yo release is your favourite?

Try goat cheese or brie for cheeses. Finish: The finish here is a disappointing. Not so much the moments before, but I think it's personal taste as it was very good. Today I look at the battle of the 18-year-olds.

Glendiffich’s younger bottles are more expensive (older bottles are cheaper), whereas Glenlivet’s younger bottles are cheaper (older bottles are more expensive), Distillation and fermentation occur at the same location, This must all occur in a permitted Scottish warehouse, Single Malt Scotch must be bottled in Scotland. Other landmarks include their first 50-year-old in 1991 and the oldest single malt scotch, at 64-year-old, in 2001. Continuing on with the Speyside connection, this week’s review focuses on three different expressions from the same distillery going head to head against one another in the battle for supremacy. An extraordinary smooth whisky. Glenfiddich holds a very special place in my heart. The mouthfeel is very thick and heavy, almost oily.

The milled barley then is transferred to mash turns and combined with water to create mash. Taste: molasses, oak, ginger bread, bananas, This is one of my favorite floral single malts. After a bit of water, there is a tad bit of fresh apples along with the other fruits—Fuji apple is what comes to mind.

Glenfiddich 15 Year Old – Unique Solera Reserve Review. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Vous recherchez un GLENFIDDICH 15 ans Solera 40% ?