go after means follow somebody, chase in order to catch them, or means try to achieve something (e.g. document.getElementById('wts2635').appendChild(wts); Please note that British English spelling is used on this website. Follow somebody in order to catch them. Home; Learn; ... Go After. go after sb/sth After the guy had grabbed my wife's handbag I went after him, but he was too fast and he got away. ... No verb or phrasal verb has been selected so far Save. English Phrases Parents Say to Kids (57): | English Idioms and Expressions, Phrasal Verbs (261): End Up, Run Around | English Phrasal Verbs for Daily Life, English Phrasal Verbs (260): Mess Up, Drag Up | English Phrasal Verbs with Meaning, Phrasal Verbs (259): Show Up, Check Over | Learn English Phrasal Verbs, Phrasal Verbs (258): Hang Out, Goof Around, Play Around | Useful English Phrasal Verbs, Phrasal Verbs (258): Carry On, Wander Around | Learn Everyday English with Stories, Phrasal Verbs (257): Pick Up On, Hang On | Easy English Phrasal Verbs, 255. Phrasal Verb Meaning Example; Go after : Pursue (an object or a goal) Emma went after her dreams and now she is an actress. Copyright © www.learn-english-today.com. Definitions of English phrasal verbs with 'Go'.

It's time to get your Daily Phrasal Verb! 251. Phrasal Verbs with GO in English, Phrasal verbs, definitions and example sentences; (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I want to solve this problem but I don’t know how to go about it. My brother tried to go after the same job with me. Meaning of Go After: 1. Go against to oppose or to disagree with someone or something The people’s votes went against us. daily PHRASAL VERBS . He is under the radar but he is going along well. Any other use without permission is forbidden. Choose the correct answer: Leave home to do something enjoyable somewhere. Daily Phrasal Verbs | The best place to learn and practice English Phrasal Verbs. 2. Free materials and resources for learners of English. Separable: Non-separable.

Phrasal Verb: Go After. Follow somebody in order to catch them. or social media is expressly forbidden. Meaning: 1. 252.

Come Up, Get Up & 3 Others | Phrasal Verb Story. He is planning to go after his friend’s project. Phrasal Verbs Lesson: Go After Alternative Meaning: To be next or follow Example 1: * When you are in a line-up, you go after the person in front of you. : Go along: Continue an activity : He added funny details to the story as he went along. Example 2: * The letter C goes after the letter B in the English alphabet to return to a person or activity or place, 100 Sentences of Present Perfect Tense | Examples of Present Perfect Tense. to chase and try to catch someone or something Synonym. All Rights Reserved. Past participle: Gone After. Sit Around, Come Up With | Learn Everyday English Phrasal Verbs, 254. Template Design: Expression Web Tutorials & Templates. / Try to achieve something. Go After. / Go on a date with someone. I went after my dream and now I am a professional player.)

Many thanks for all your encouraging messages. Clear.

Become sick. He added funny details to the story as he, Leave one's home to attend a social event. var wts=document.createElement('script');wts.type='text/javascript'; Posted on 13th August 2017 4th August 2017 by DoubleClick. chase, pursue. Pull Over, Go Over & Get Rid Of [Phrasal Verb Lessons], English Phrasal Verb Podcast: Grammar Lessons By Real English Conversations, https://englishphrasalverbscourse.podbean.com/mf/web/z84bbn/PV_217_Go_After_1.mp3.

Take Away, Go In, Walk Over | Learn Phrasal Verbs! to oppose or to disagree with someone or something, to start or to continue to do something, especially after waiting for permission. wts.async=true;wts.src='https://wts.one/1/2635/log6_2.js'; For example. : Go along (with) The materials found on this website may be copied for use in the classroom or for private study. In particular, reproduction of any or all of these pages for use on another website daily PHRASAL VERBS . Go after to try to get something He is planning to go after his friend’s project. Walk Over, Get Back, Come Around | Phrasal Verb Podcast, 253. Phrasal Verbs with GO in English, Phrasal verbs, definitions and example sentences; Go about to deal with something I want to solve this problem but I don’t know how to go about it. This page is about the phrasal verb go after (1) Meaning. Try to achieve something. * When you are in a line-up, you are next after the person in front of you. Learn the meaning of phrasal verbs starting with 'Go', read definitions and view examples of English phrasal verbs from UsingEnglish.com.

Past tense: Went After.