The side missions I took part in also felt worthwhile, unlocking runes that can improve armour, a useful special attack for the Leviathan Axe, or even just a healthy amount of XP and currency. Fact is something like EARTH IS ROATING or NO ONE LIVES FOREVER etc.

This was not only an attack towards me, it was also personal attack when people started to say my personal life and about me when they have no idea who I am in nature.

He moves like a boxer, shoulders set, legs grapevining back and forth. Kratos is one of the greatest characters in video games, and this story adds so much more depth to an already excellent persona. I can appreciate your willingness to maintain and preserve your integrity above the social and (maybe) professional peril associated with such a contrarian view. One of my friend played this ‘Easy’ and collected almost everything there is to be collected and he told me that the final boss was very difficult to him. Martin and his fantasy forebears. The whole game had so many elements in the sound aspect which made everything more real. Kratos is a man conflicted. It’s like a journey when I write (journey of playing a game and how I felt about it and experienced from first impression to last impression.). With the story taking Kratos and Atreus into different realms, each one takes on its own distinctive character and identity thanks to a beautiful use of vibrant colour schemes. To change the fundamentals of a series risks upsetting a fanbase that may have been around for, at times, decades. To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy. The level of strategy in play is superb. Is this one of your first reviews? The obvious care that went into crafting its world, characters, and gameplay delivers by far the most stirring and memorable game in the series. Move from Greek to Norse mythology provides the developer new source material to work with and Sony Santa Monica have made the most use of it, introducing wonderful characters and creatures. Ok here it comes. Also optional are the spoken tales I mentioned earlier, the ones told by the disembodied head. It’s even better.

For PS4 Pro users, God of War offers a display mode with 4K resolution, but it had frame-rate issues in our tests.

There are no load screens. That being said, we'd warn against the games lowest difficulty setting, which is what we chose for our first playthrough.

To say that this game is a reboot would be a disservice to the work put in by Sony Santa Monica. I found the game being very difficult at the beginning. I have other reviews that I gave good or bad when other reviews online was vise versa. By clicking “Accept” below, you agree to us doing so. Hero Enterprise announces 12th Edition of its annual flagship event Mindmine Summit, SPECIAL OFFER ON OVERWATCH GOTY EDITION AND WORLD OF WARCRAFT: LEGION, FuelBuddy Appoints Industry Veteran Mr. Sajjan Kumar Ahlawat as President, Paytm launches Diwali Tambola game for users with a chance to win upto Rs. Peaceful Puzzler Spring Falls is Coming to the App Store &... SOEDESCO collaborates with Kokku to work on Truck Driver. In terms of performance, particular praise should be shone on God of War’s complete lack of loading screens. God of War on PS4 is a beautiful reimagination of Kratos who now feels more grounded with his actions carrying the weight of the past. God of War takes around 25 to 30 hours to beat the main story ignoring the side quests.

You won’t see tutorials, just small reminders of which button corresponds to which move.

Upgrade tree adds so much depth to the game and the ability to unlock new armor and customize Kratos is just brilliant.

But what's important, is that this is just the beginning of the journey and the pay off in the next 30-ish hours is remarkable. The game’s one glaring weakness is this occasional mimicry of the iconography established by George R.R. I dunno did they try to fool someone or what. Why they made this so horrible system? There is other games, too, which I gave 5/5 when every else it got 70%, or 6/10… So why everyone didn’t say anything about that?

Runic attacks replace complex combos, and are performed with a simple tap of the shoulder buttons. You can backtrack to previous areas if you missed something which makes the map feel more connected and unlike stages from past games. God of War embraces a certain degree of ambiguity, freeing the player to discover their own methods, and tackle the journey how they see fit. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Moving onto the combat and if you've watched any footage by now you'll likely know how accomplished it looks, especially with regards to the new leviathan axe, which essentially acts like Thor's Mjölnir hammer, flying back to the user by request.

While a lot has changed for God of War, it still holds one of the most satisfying and entertaining combat systems in gaming. As a result of the decision, the world is big and condensed all at the same time. In terms of investment, it’s also worth noting that God of War is huge. You then also have light and heavy attacks, as well as a shield. You are really dangerous for the gaming community. You can choose whether or not to accept advertising cookies from our advertising partner Google using the buttons below. You have no experience and your opinion is one of a crying three year old. I haven’t played any God Of War —games before and I had high hopes for this one. Those talismans can be upgraded, Then there is the skills that adds even more complication to this thing.

But still the running was painful since he didn’t run immediately, he rather does one dodge move until he runs and when running he doesn’t turn at all or if he does it is minimal and the camera didn’t follow him. It’s like listening music and liking it when someone else says that it’s garbage. The two special moves works as light runic attack and heavy runic attack. God of War takes place in one shot. Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language. And if I look other reviews of God Of War it got 8/10 — 10/10, so looking my 3/5 it isn’t that of a big deal. If you choose to play for long sittings, you won’t be stuck staring at a scrolling wheel or waiting in a lift, even after dying in combat.

At the time, two hours in, we were already starting to see just a small slice of how the game's combat was preparing us for the journey ahead.

Kratos’ fanciest attacks are called runics, and you assign one light and one heavy runic attack at a time. And the camera never cuts away. Kratos can throw it and it will return to him and it also has ice power that freeze things and enemies. Every battle is now not solved with hack and slash instead involves lot of strategy and dodging to outwit your opponent.

Why the enemies are more agile and faster than the games mechanics let you be? "Give Me A Story: lets you experience the story without too much of a difficult gameplay challenge. I thought that when my GOW review was out people just took it too seriously and maybe they are fans of the game and such. That is just my opinion… no more or less valid than yours. I’m sure if I’d done just the story it would’ve been very difficult. The ax, the shield and the bow have upgrade trees.

— Give Me A Challenge It's a story, unlike anything we've experienced in years. Always cool to see people writing about games and seeing more viewpoints out there. I think the prize can be now given to someone else.