What does this mean?

Also factor in that it's much flatter and easier to traverse and it might actually be a fair calculation.

Compare the size of video game maps: Just Cause, Mad Max, Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Grand Theft Auto V, Saints Row The Third . In order to create threads, posts, and interact with the Ubisoft forums you need to have a Ubisoft account with a verified email address. Verifying your email address also improves the security of your Ubisoft account, helps us provide you better support, and ensures you don't miss out on exclusive content, newsletters, and other special offers. There’s no point comparing it to GTA V map. First dedicated Grand Theft Auto IV fansite.

The closest state in the US that is about the same size as The Crew's map is Delaware which is about 1,948 square miles. Man I’ll tell you what. Thanks so much OP! This analysis can be found at this link here, and the user is ultimately able to calculate map areas to a relatively high degree of accuracy. 04-24-2015 #2. arcticgamez. Glad you're enjoying it though..I can't wait. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, it’s the biggest map ever in a Rockstar game, https://www.newsweek.com/red-dead-2-rdr2-map-size-vs-gta-5-v-1190240, [RDTM] u/ppguy323436 calculates the size of the map in Red Dead Redemption 2, https://gtaforums.com/topic/629355-is-gta5-map-really-100-square-miles-ign/. There's no comparison to the GTA V map in here.

THAT is not a miscalculation, and it’s a telling fact. GTA 4 Speedometer IV v0.3a Mod wurde 46761 heruntergeladen und durchschnittlich mit 5.43 bewertet. I have no idea. After sorting by “New” and refreshing for the past 12 waking hours of RDR2 eve, I have decided to take action to channel my hype elsewhere. EDIT: Thanks for rubbing it in that ur playing.

It’s not comparable. It was hypothesized that, in a 1000x1000 pixel .png file with a transparent background, the image file size would be directly correlated to the size of any non-transparent pixels in the image. Latest news, fresh content; we separate the rumors and set the facts straight. Whether you have lived in Liberty all your life, or are visiting for the first time, there is always something new to see.

I didn’t bother to compare it to anything else, but now ya know. Lol it's from a learning site. Part I: Calibration Curve To compare the map size of RDR2 to RDR1, the relative area of the RDR1 map (in square miles) needed to be somehow correlated a measurable parameter on a computer. Below is a list of every game map in the GTA series. The email address for your Ubisoft account is currently: We have sent you an e-mail to enable you to verify your email address. The following is a report on my calculations to verify I’m just not pulling numbers out of my ass, so if you want the number there’s a TL;DR at the bottom. 2D maps, which depict cities navigated through aerial view with simple graphics, feature rectangular ("squared-off") blocks and streets.

I looked everywhere for comparisons between RDR and GTA, but couldn’t find anything legitimate. In GTA IV, a GPS line was introduced to guide the player in getting to their destination. Anywho…. From plague to city-wide bankruptcy in the 1970s, from new dawns to broken promises, these people have lived through it all, secure in the knowledge that as long as they have coffee in the morning and an easy buck to make, things can't be that bad. Thank god there’s only two hours left of this… see ya’ll on the flip side <3. I always loved games with large maps to explore and I think The Crew is the biggest I have seen. Last update 2019-11-08 19:20:38. Every GTA game has had a map which varies in clarity and size. In GTA San Andreas maps began to represent more than urban landscapes, as natural areas, such as forests and deserts, and rural areas, such as farms and small towns, were also introduced. This confirmed that RDR2's map is over twice as big as RDR's. The resulting plot could be fit with an Inverse Exponent curve with a correlation value of 0.9939. Official GTA 1 website > Cities > Liberty City, Official GTA 1 website > Cities > San Andreas, Official GTA 1 website > Cities > Vice City, San Andreas state as depicted in the HD Universe, https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Maps?oldid=1256743. The best takeaway from this is that RDR2’s map is roughly 2.5 times the size of RDR1’s. If this email address is not valid, or you no longer have access to it, you can update your account details at https://account.ubisoft.com or visit support.ubi.com to open a support ticket. Like many of you fellow Americans waiting for midnight, the hype has consumed me. 29 sq miles is based on someone else’s assumption, so if you really wanted to do it yourself you could figure out how many pixels are in a mile in the RDR2 Map and report back to me and I’ll give you a more accurate estimate ;), You got featured in Newsweek.https://www.newsweek.com/red-dead-2-rdr2-map-size-vs-gta-5-v-1190240. Just for reference, here are 29 square miles overlayed over New Orleans, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the reddeadredemption community. It was hypothesized that, in a 1000x1000 pixel .png file with a transparent background, the image file size would be directly correlated to the size of any non-transparent pixels in the image. Red Dead Redemption 1 and Red Read Redemption 2 (which for the remainder of this report will be referred to as RDR1 and RDR2, respectively) share a common area in the game—New Austin. 1 people found this helpful Reply .

(Info / ^Contact), There has to be a miscalculation. Register Sign in Sign out 's dashboard. You also have to remember though that GTA 5 has cars and planes, so your overall movement speed is exponentially faster than in Red Dead. Press J to jump to the feed. Jetzt herunterladen für GTA 4! 2 Likes.

Yea, it's very tiny compared to the actual US, but at least The Crew's map is as big as a state! If the calculations are correct, the size of GTA V's map is 216 square km. Liberty City has acquired a terrible reputation for violent, organized crime over the years. Share this post.

With GTA III, curved streets became graphically possible, thus being introduced on maps. The map size of Just Cause 2 is 250 square km (of mostly emptiness) right?

They definitely did a good job on the map in this game. These black dots varied in diameter from 0 to 1000 pixels in increments of 100px (0px, 100px, 200px, etc.)

What really makes Liberty City, though, is the people who choose to live there. Even if the assumptions I made are slightly off, it can be said via this analysis that RDR2's map is nearly 3 times the size of the original RDR1 map, so that alone I think is the big takeaway from this analysis.

Maps represent and depict regions in the Grand Theft Auto series to enable the player to navigate smoothly throughout the game without getting lost or losing direction. In GTA V, the map became three-dimensional. Favorite. Home; Dashboard; Tables; Items; Activity; Tour; Search. I requested this in theydidthemath and was directed to you. Video Game Maps Products > Games > Video games. Having never played either title I am curious how similar the established areas are in the new map.

As a biologist by training, I have spent years of college learning how to apply statistics to basic laboratory experiments via analyzing the resulting data. Nonetheless, inexperienced visitors are advised to avoid The Park at night, when drug-addled squirrels run wild, keep out of Kings at day or night, and to avoid The Brix at any given time. It’s no secret that this community loves maps (I love them too, it’s OK), and I feel like part of the reason we are so obsessed with the map in RDR2 is because, allegedly, it’s the biggest map ever in a Rockstar game. You’re movement, connection to the environment around you, the density.

Okay…so it’s big, but exactly how big?

Next, diameter values were converted to area (A=πr(sq)) and then plotted in Logger Pro versus file size. The maps show the geographic location of the setting of the game and play a vital role in traveling to missions or evading the police wanted level. and were saved as separate .png files. Yet, as the mayor's office spokesman says, "Liberty City used to be a very violent place, but since we took office, it now has the 47th lowest murder rate of any cite on the eastern sea board". Collecting all the news and visuals about GTA IV in one place for your convenience. In order to be more efficient in your search, in what forum do you want to search ?