Said your stew tasted as good as the Guinness stew at the Guinness Warehouse in Dublin. My husband kept saying "Sure smells good " and I think we were all drooling heavily by the time the first 1 1/2 hours was up! It is probably my favorite meat ever. I was wondering, what can i substitute tomato paste with?

Can we cook the potatos with the stew or would it thicken the sauce to much? Chef John, you've done it again. It's best to use low-sodium or unsalted chicken stock, especially in recipes where the stock cooks for a long time. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Chef John's hearty vegetarian chili is seasoned with ancho chili powder, jalapenos, and cocoa powder. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. https://www.jamesmartinchef.co.uk/recipes/beef-and-guinness-stew

I do, however, feel like the way Chef John wrote it is the way to go.

Finally tried this tonight.

Working in batches, cook lamb shoulder chops until browned on both sides, 3 to 5 minutes per side. I also buy the shoulder chops often because of their price. Thanks Chef John! I'm a stew guy and this was definitely my favourite of all the ones I've had. All Rights Reserved. I do, however, buy leg, breast, racks (OMG yummm) and ground. Hopefully it won't take too long to cook. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe.

I am very glad to come across such a nice information. Been following Chef John/foodwishes(dot)com for YEARS this stew is a staple in my home we have it once a week in the cooler months.

I LOVE lamb. I made this on Monday and put it in my husband's lunch on Tuesday for him to try and he called to tell me it was "Fantastic"! This is just pure essence of mushroom. As I've never tasted this, I was wondering if mushrooms would make a good addition or might clash with the beer?

Going to be tough to top this one though. Chef John's version of this Greek soup is made with a whole chicken, arborio rice, and plenty of lemon.

They will probably be the cheapest lamb at the store, have more flavor and richness than leg meat, and are cheaper than shanks and loins. I added some horse radish to the Guinness Stew at the end and WOW! I learned that I like the beer better than wine in stews. Everything of yours has always turned out perfect for me. This ended up being really delicious! Made this and my nephew actually liked it and his diet consist of pizza, cereal, burgers and chicken fingers.

Thanks Chef! There just isn't any substitute, so happy hunting." I served mine with some green onion mashed potatoes, and I just didn't feel like going to the grocery store just for carrots! If you do 3 times the ing amounts you'll have enough! I really prefer the chuck here.

Enjoy! Hi chef John, love your recipes and will definitely try this soon. Anyway, if you’re looking for a gorgeous and incredibly Can't thank you enough. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Hi Chef John thank you for this recipe. Amount is based on available nutrient data. occasionally, until sauce thickens to your liking. This one-pot cafeteria-style goulash is a comforting mix of ground beef, macaroni, and a seasoned tomato sauce. I just didn't feel like going to the grocery store just for carrots! So I improvised with what I did have on hand :-) I also made the colcannon from AR and OMG, you couldn't ask for a better meal! This cold summer vegetable soup is best with fresh, sweet tomatoes. Beef & Guinness Stew – Drinking AND Eating Beer on St. Patrick's Day, Buttercrust Pastry Dough – Good Friday or Anytime.

insensitive, and I’d like to think I’ve matured past the point of going for Hi Chef John,My sister & I cooked this up for our parents yesterday, and it was AMAZING!! My husband said "this is good " three times! I also buy the shoulder chops often because of their price. My sweetie and I both agree that it was The Perfect Meal. binge this week, so I never got one from him anyway. Roasting the vegetables first brings deep, rich flavor to this sage-brown butter butternut squash soup--perfect for a chilly fall day. In Ireland they would probably use beef and I am sure yours tastes far better. Another hit for a Chef John recipe!

I think next time I will double the vegetables because the lamb is so rich and we are big veggie lovers here. Every recipe of yours I've ever tried is just awesome.

As you will probably notice, I had to substitute frozen vegetables for soup in this dish today as I didn't have any carrots. Stir meat back into stew. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Wow!

Well as it were Saint Paddy's day today I thought I'd give this recipe a wee bit of a go.

This hearty soup is definitely filling enough to serve as a main course.

Chef John is out on a well deserved vacation and I will be answering questions meanwhile. Chef John, Yum for the second time.

Thanx in advance for a great meal! The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Beef and Guinness® Stew for 6 servings: 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 2-inch pieces 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste