This recipe was great! Say HELLO to my healthier turkey lasagna. So far I’ve just finished making the sauce. Heat a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir turkey sausage, ground turkey, … Delish! This truly is mouth-watering–the best lasagna we’ve ever had! Truly.

I will definitely be exploring your other recipes now! Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, Just Like Grandma Used to Make: Why We're Craving Grandma's Cooking Now More Than Ever, How to Make Those Viral Hot Chocolate Bombs at Home. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles until al dente according to package instructions. But 15 minute preparation for the whole dish? I made this during the quarantine and couldn’t find ground turkey, I made it with grass-fed beef, and gluten free lasagna noodles (joival).

Really is the best lasagna I’ve ever made. My family and friends always ask me to make it. This also contributes to the lasagna flavor, so do not skip the cheese (an excellent source of protein!). Thank you so much for this amazing recipe! Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. This will be a new staple! You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. So happy to hear that! (You can also use no cook lasagna noodles, but they aren't my favorite!). Mashed tofu, when seasoned correctly, tastes eerily similar to … When salted, the excess moisture is drawn out, leaving you with a lasagna just as firm as the noodle version.

It was so light and flavorful! Sneak some finely chopped vegetables into your ground-meat mixture for lasagna, meatloaf or chili to make servings generous but keep calories and fat in check. I love that you shared how to freeze the lasagna. HI. This USC making my mouth water…..can’t wait to give it a go! I never made lasagna before. I say that because I absolutely love lasagna more than any other Italian food. So happy to hear that this one’s great for meal prep! I left out the fennel seeds because I don’t care for fennel but otherwise made it as written. Maybe make “For the sauce” etc. Reduce heat to medium and add the vegetable mixture, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds, pepper and salt. I have no idea if this freezes well because my family polished it off too quickly. So glad you love this one! This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Everyone’s mixing + chopping speeds can vary, but I include the sauce-cooking within the “cook” time . It’s just so easy to make recipes with and I love the nutritional profile.

The picky eaters in your family will never guess that this lasagna is loaded with healthy vegetables. To assemble the lasagna, spread 1 1/2 cups of the turkey meat sauce over the bottom of the baking dish. I did use easy bake lasagna but followed everything else exactly. No worries! Forget looking at it as a turkey lasagna, its better than ANY Lasagna you’ll ever have. I didn’t have the fennel seeds but the flavor was still amazing. It’s packed with flavour and absolutely worth the effort. So happy to hear that! I used a jar of tomato basil marinara instead of making the sauce and simply sauteed the onions and garlic with the turkey and then added the jar of sauce. I’m so glad you tried this recipe! In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Le, I’m back with another cookie... WHITE CHOCOLATE, https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-low-carb-zucchini-lasagna-spicy-turkey-meat-sauce/. Info. The combination of spices and herbs is perfect! So happy to hear that! This was absolutely delicious. and just cover it with foil overnight in the refrigerator? this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Thank you! I followed it exactly as described and just added a red pepper to the red sauce since I had one. I added a Kale purée into the sauce, and extra can of tomato paste, and fresh tomatoes vs. canned diced tomatoes. This content is imported from {embed-name}. Im from the UK so it might be different names for things. Oops! Glad you like it! And this + garlic bread YUM. My only complaint was it took 2 hours from start to finish – and that’s not counting getting the ingredients together/prepping the onion, etc. Will be making this again soon. Lasagna is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine so I love the idea of this healthy version! Add ground turkey to the onion, mix and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. The picky eaters in your family will never guess that … 5 Secrets to Healthy and Delicious Desserts, Let's be real, WE ALL LOVE DESSERT. But he wasn’t here for this girls trip so the dish was left to me. I have never liked lasagna…..that is until NOW! This is my go recipe for lasagna! Love using the fresh basil! Lauren Miyashiro is the Food Director for Delish.com. It’s a keeper! You can also buy the whole wheat lasagna noodles online here. <3. This time I made it the night before, so hoping that we get all the blending of those wonderful herbs and spices. Tried and true best lasagna ever . And great idea t add sausage so happy you love both recipes!

Amazing!!

whole wheat or gluten free lasagna noodles. It still tasted amazing in the end! Amazing!! Anyone shed any light? Perfect! It has so much depth and flavor. I followed the recipe exactly as written, although I did add some sliced zucchini and mushrooms during assembly because I love vegetables. It melds right into the flavors of the lasagna that way:) Loving your tips on lightened up classics! I add sausage sometimes which is elevated by the fennel already in the recipe. Thanks for the recipe, Monique! With a little bit of reading labels the low sodium is easily achieved. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Glad you loved this one <3. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 … Offers may be subject to change without notice. No sure what happened but USC is meant to be ‘is’ sorry! Amazing!! It’s pure love. Wonderful recipe!! Also, I’ve totally made a lasagna with butternut and spinach like you mentioned above, and it’s one of my favorite winter meals ever! Thank you for this incredible recipe! This was a big hit for the family including parents. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site. I decided I wanted to make a classic version of lasagna but with a turkey meat sauce instead of beef and little creative twists here and there.

My husband even said, ‘This may be the best lasagna you’ve ever made.’ And I like to think I’ve made some good lasagnas. I think the fresh basil and the sliced mozzarella really made this dish amazing. Usually, my lasagna’s don’t taste that good until the next day, but this one was delicious straight out of the oven and just as good after a night in the fridge. Top with remaining mozzarella.