One sentence summary: Sal, adopted at age three by a gay father, is part of a loving Mexian-American family, but begins to question himself and his identity when he starts getting into fights and suddenly finds himself surrounded by grief. His mother died when he was only three years old, after which he was adopted by Vincent who used to be friends with his mother. However, I do think that almost too many heavy things happened in this book in a rather short span of time, and it could have benefited from stretching out over a longer time period to give it a better sense of realism. He is definitely one of my favorite book dads now. If you’re someone who isn’t a fan of those things, I would suggest giving this book a pass. As her mother is on a date, Sam stays with them that night. Sadly, this book was much less appealing to me. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Learning to Talk. His mother died when he was only three years old, after which he was adopted by Vincent who used to be friends with his mother. The dreamy writing style in Aristotle and Dante is also featured in this book. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Who? Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Thank you!! The Inexplicable Logic of My Life is as much a doorstopper as any young adult fantasy novel, but the world it builds is inside the head of teenaged Sal, … The Inexplicable Logic of My Life is about the 17-year-old boy Salvador, ‘Sal’ or ‘Sally’ to his friends. Sal, Sam, and Fito each experience the loss of a parent or loved one in a different way, and the relationship they each lose is different, which, for adult readers of the book, is a reminder … The first day of class... (read more from the Prologue - Part One: WFTD = Fear Summary), Get The Inexplicable Logic of My Life from Amazon.com. The same realistic atmosphere and themes return. I feel like people might come after me for saying that, lol. I thought his overwhelming gentleness and kindness set the tone of the novel and loved how he was such a great driving force in Sal’s life. ( Log Out /  I liked the messy bunch they made. Part Four: WFTD = Fists. Part Two: Me (In the Dark) - Sam and Me in the Dark. The following version of the book was used to create this study guide: Saenz, B.A. (I also think that I liked this one just a little more than Ari and Dante, but that seems to be the minority opinion. Again? Change ), Summary about “the inexplicable logic of my life”. Again? I also loved Sal’s grandmother, Mima, and the Catholic religious undertones she brought to the novel. Dark clouds are in the sky. It’s the first day of senior year and he’s not that excited about it but his best friend Sammy is. Me (End of Part Five), Part Six: Sam. Everything you need to understand or teach ), But I think we have similar tastes. Marcos. The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz follows the journey of Salvador as he navigates the unwanted feelings inside of him as he faces the many challenges life throws at him, including: grief, love, and finding himself. The Inexplicable Logic of My Life is about a high school senior named Sal and his father and his family and his friends and all the hard things that come with approaching life after high school. (I think they’re his only two books?) Nature? And sal started wondering if his dad is really gay and how that can’t be possible, then it started to rain hard. - New Year's Eve, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, Everything Begins and Ends at the Kentucky Club, teaching or studying The Inexplicable Logic of My Life. Overall, yes! Review. Sam tell them... (read more from the Part Two: Sometimes in the Night - WFTD = Nurture?