My laptop slipped off my lap and hit the ground on the charger port side with my charger still inside. Was I scammed? The tablet has been dropped from my bed onto the carpet a few times while plugged in.

What he wanted to do is, replacing the charging port with parts of different model laptop and then modifying my original adapter jack to be compatible with the new port. in our

I have the same problem with the charge receptacle on my A500.

Would it be possible to take out an HP Care Pack for a year and get the laptop repaired?

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

In some case, more efforts are required. To get the warranty extended from HP the laptop should be in a working condition. JavaScript is disabled. Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. However, now, no matter which angle I hold it at, I just can not get a consistent connection. Plan on a fairly expensive repair, likely well over the $100 range. By signing up, I accept the terms of the Acer Privacy Policy. I've repaired it but the new screen temporarily show. I'd be more than happy to send a private message and have a technician call me. If so, then I could use the docking station to charge instead of sending the tablet in for repair. Want to get it repaired ASAP. I apologize for the problems you are experiencing. Is this correct? Hey there! The charging port isvery wiggly so I have to position the charger cord just right and I don't want to keep doing this just in case it breaks even worse what should I do? to get all It feels as if something is loose I'm the socket when trying to connect the cable. What's Happening at Acer. It sounds silly, but you need to make sure the laptop is actually plugged in. 2) If you have the technical skills to open and work on your laptop, find the power port replacement cable on-line, and do the replacement yourself. So, what are the rules of this place? By using this site, you accept Acer's Privacy Policy and the Are You Plugged In? I have an acer a200 with a bad charging port. Normally the charging ports are held in place with little blobs of solder and can, easily, become loose. The tablet has been dropped from my bed onto the carpet a few times while plugged in. I'm considering to replace the charger port soon. i need directions. I will not ever buy another acer product and I will make sure that I give you as many bad reviews as I can until the problem is resolved. This has caused the plastic in the area around the metal charging port to chip and cave in. Didn't find what you were looking for? RE: Charging port broken and power cord damage Hello, my expert says he is not actually replacing it with a higher voltage system. Apparently, it has fallen directly onto the side where it was plugged in more than once. If that's the case, you'll need to replace the base assembly - not an expensive part (well under $50), but the labor to swap it is appreciable (everything has to come out of the system and be … It is definitely out of warranty, but I don't want to just throw it away. Most of the time, it’s either because of a manufacturer defect or damage from the continuous plugging and unplugging of the charger cable. My question is, can the charging port and the chipped, caved-in plastic on the case be repaired or replaced or will the entire tablet have to be replaced. IS there anyway to part excahnge the product with HP as there is a newer version? Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. My Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro charger port is not working properly. Get social and introduce yourself iconia a110. Of course, if it has to be replaced, I certainly wouldn't turn down the latest and greatest 10" tablet. I am out of warranty so looking for some options. JavaScript is disabled. I am very upset as I sent it back for repair under warranty and they will not fix it and want to charge me 149.00 to do so. chances are it's part of the base assembly that cracked off. Now the metal receptacle moves rather freely inside the case and the plug has to be positioned just right to get the tablet to charge.

On startup repair says can't be repaired automatically what now? This seems similar to what others have said. @BradleyH1, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

My problem is that I have no idea how to backup my browser bookmarks, photos, or programs to the external sdcard. 1. Does anyone know how we can send it in for repairs? I'm an older disabled student and don't have that kind of $. The device still charges and the charger is completely fine but nonetheless I am worried that my laptop may just stop charging one day. I have an acer b1 710  and  some pushed my tablet of a desk and facedown cracking the screen and damaging the charging port because thatsmwere the most cracks are and where the books landed on it. My acer aspire laptop screen got broken due to a loose screw falling out.

I am now having the same problems with my iconia A700, it seems that the power jack is loose and will not charge the unit, is there anyway around this problem or do I have to take it to a techie>. Re: Charging port broken. We apologize for the inconvenience.

2. If you can't get it to recenter you are looking at a motherboard replacement. need my acer tablet charging port repaired. © 2020 Acer Inc. Common culprits include a faulty motherboard, damaged charging circuits, and malfunctioning battery sensors. It looks like you're new here. Even though the battery icon in the notification area shows that the unit is plugged in, when the purple light is flashing the battery is discharging. Well, you’d disassemble the laptop and identify the specific part that needs to be replaced. Like a sick person consulting a doctor, … The issue might be with the power chord or any failure like a voltage regulator IC. It feels very loose and you have to push it in hard and hold in place and wiggle it to get it to maybe connect. That means for most technicians it requires a motherboard replacement to repair. If you find the battery power indicator glowing, then there is no issue with the charger. I have to put it in and press up or down to make a good contact. I understand DC port on your laptop has gone faulty. With your laptop powered down, flip it over to discover the SKU for your laptop.

My lenovo laptop has failed to login it brings me automatic repair procedure ,what should I do? Really want to fix this,soon. I tested my charger to rule that out and my charger is working fine. i want to do it myself. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Would it be possible to take out an HP Care Pack for a year and get the laptop repaired? Can I use a 90W charger instead of a 65W one? I understand you state the tablet has not been dropped or abused, so I am reviewing your repair case to see how we can best assist you. We had to send it in when we first got it because of a broken power switch and were very happy with the service, but now I can't talk to anyone to even try to pay for repairs. The charging port on my HP Pavillion has become damaged. The warranty never covers physical damage. Is there any HP retailers or certified refurbishers in the UK can can repair it?

I have to unplug and plug the power cord in several times before it will show a steady orange indicator. Lately its been harder to charge. This email address has already been registered. Jump to solution She's an Inspiron 15 3567, intel core i5 7th generation with amd radeon graphics. And even if they do, at the price the whole assembly sells for ($8-$10), why bother? Generally speaking, one USB-C port is meant for charging, the other is meant for data-transfer. If that turns out to be too expensive you might try a local service technician, since you won't be any worse off if they totally screw it up. Not many when that center wire is bent over to the side. I apologize for the number of questions in one post, but I could not see making a single post for each question as each question relates to a single problem. GAMING6698 has become one of the main collaborators since joining the Community in November of 2019.On behalf of all our users and the Acer Team, we thank you for your dedication! We have an Iconia tab a500 and the power adaptor no longer connects. What charger us needed for a 100s lenovo ideapad laptop charger.. i brought 1 recently.. but the charge port end is.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC? The device still charges and the charger is completely fine but nonetheless I am worried that my laptop may just stop charging one day. My unit is covered under an extended warranty that I purchased from Wal-Mart when I got my tablet.

This has caused the plastic in the area around the metal charging port to chip and cave in. Hello i just wanna ask if my laptop are not available in repairing?

How do I remove broken centre pin from HP laptop sealed charger port.Thank You! You must log in or register to reply here. This seems to be a problem with your tablets and I am not happy. Wont charge at all anymore. Unfortunately, this is a common reliability issue with lots of laptops. We want to recognize GAMING6698's dedicated efforts in the Acer Community. Register

ACE Program and If your laptop charger is plugged into the data-transfer port rather than the charging port, no charging will occur. This is difficult to diagnose unless you open the phone. Ask the community. Is it worth buying a water damaged Macbook and repairing it? I need some information on getting the tablet repaired. the benefits of being a member! We have a bent wore in the charging port....    what are our options. It was never very reliable, i.e. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons! Yes, I too wish to report that I seem to have a broken charger port. Likely your best bet will be to contact Acer to get a repair.

Some very accomplished technicians will have the skills to unsolder the old one and solder in a replacement, but even those will find it tough to find the new connector itself. Apparently, it has fallen directly onto the side where it was plugged in more than once. Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear. There are instances when the metallic surface of your charging port and the USB charger don’t make good contact. I also have the same issue with the the usb not staying the port. This might be the easiest, fastest, and most common solution for a broken charging port. Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.