You can of course use a bunk bed box spring (which is essentially the same as the 2x2s but covered in fabric). And the best part is that they will ship directly to your door. So it can easily roll in and out under the raised floor: These beds that slide under a raised floor are always bespoke solutions especially designed and built for a specific apartment. There’s a ton of great options in this store when it comes to these bed systems! We LOVE Murphy beds and we have written a lot about the different models are designs there are. Mattress rests within and the frame rises just over the mattress to help stop kids from rolling out. These ideas are a little harder to construct and build as you need to calculate and measure really well to ensure you build a safe construction. This seems to me like an interesting small project similar to what this guy did; Alek- Excellent work. If you have a large living room you might be able to fit in a drawer or a dresser there. 3. It’s basically a structure you built up from the ground with a platform on top where you can place your bed. £129.99 £ 129. Deluxe Beds Ltd Single 3 In 1 Guest Bed With Deep Quilted Mattresses - Bed With No Headboard. P.S. 5) Use bright colors Our free step by step plans include diagrams, shopping lists and cut list. A clever and cheap way to include a lot of storage in your bedroom! You can also have a writing desk. You can also build this in the middle of the room and use the space beneath as a cozy lounge or a studying space. Here’s another picture of a studio apartment: Definitely check it out if you’re looking for a cheap space-saving solution that will last a long time! This first version of the slide-under platform bed is a simple construction. It’s a good and simple idea.

One option would be to attach aluminum C-channels (like The Hillman Group 4-ft L x 3/8-in W x 1/2-in H Aluminum Trim Channel) to the top and bottom of the slate extensions (screw them to the extensions and insert the channel into the bed legs; would also need to cut them to 2-3/4" size and drill holes for screws): I'd also use something (metal strip?) Any chance you could do some plans for those? Whether you choose to call them Murphy beds or wall beds, they feature three key components: the lift mechanism, the bed frame and the cabinet.

I'm planning to stack them one on top of another, and use slates from Sultan Lade base (cut to about 1.5' length) to extend height (the slates are the same size as the legs: 2-3/4" x 3/4"): So, I'm trying to figure out how to connect the legs to slates without drilling too many holes and making it look nice.

We have most of our clothes in our bedroom but we do store some seasonal clothes and extra jackets in other drawers in order to use a very small wardrobe.