What is the word used to express "investigating someone without their knowledge"? My history teacher shows up on Skype in his pajamas and a blanket, but we have to show up in a uniform. This would be Adele at next year’s Grammys.

Yes, "if you have time" is perfectly normal English. In an interview with i-D, Adele contextualizes “Hello”: The song is about hurting someone’s feelings but it’s also about trying to stay in touch with myself, which sometimes can be a little bit hard to do,“ she explains. It makes the question sound really polite: Hey Jen, I was wondering if I could borrow your textbook over the weekend. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Get your answers by asking now. Why thin metal foil does not break like a metal stick? I suppose there's an implied "...to spare". The way that I feel when I’m not in England, is…” (she pauses) “desperation. “Who would you rather had won” is this correct?

'Math doesn't care about' Trump fraud claims: Official, Denzel Washington 'safe' after smoke call at home, How Va. gym managed to avoid coronavirus outbreak, Few legal wins so far as Trump team hunts for proof of fraud, Heart condition forces Penn State star to retire, What 'Fixer Upper' star would tell her younger self, Blank ballots: 'I could not give my vote to either person', Host of provocative series recalls Oprah question.

That looks good. "It’s about a yearning for the other side of me.

Filling a shape with intersecting lines in TikZ. I can’t breathe anywhere else.” Why? I'm aware of the if rule, that after if you have to use a verb in past, let's say: "I was wondering if you took the notebook". Mister … To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Feb 09 2015 08:30:35. How seriously did romantic composers take key characterizations? But I might use an article as well "have the time" or "had the time". Feb 09 2015 07:04:54. anonymous + 0. It’s about friends, ex-boyfriends, it’s about myself, it’s about my family. How do I match both upper and lower case letters using regex in bash? Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today.

"have" sounds fine to me though "had" works too.

would, in fact, be correct. Hello Lyrics: Hello, it's me / I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet / To go over everything / They say that time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing I’m so attached to my whole life here.

(= You could not stay with us because you did not come to London.) Feature Preview: New Review Suspensions Mod UX, Creating new Help Center documents for Review queues: Project overview, “Neither”, “none”, “no one” + [of them] + verb-s, “Have you ever read” versus “have you never read”, Do not wish for something more than you work for, Grammaticality: 'We invited more people than wanted to come.'. 6.

Why echo request doesn't show in tcpdump?

It isn't grammatically correct, but if you were to use it in this way orally, everyone would know what you meant. Although “Hello” was released on October 23, 2015, a portion of the song was first featured during a commercial break on the UK’s X Factor on October 18, 2015. Would the Millennium Falcon have been carried along on the hyperspace jump if it stayed attached to the Star Destroyer?

lol, Give me a had please, it's really important. . A day before the release, Zane Lowe interviewed Adele about her future goals, touring, the album, and the “Hello” music video. grammaticality. When I’m away, I really, really miss my life at home. Why does Ray Bradbury use "flounder" for an action with a positive outcome? How were the cities of Milan and Bruges spared by the Black Death? The track significantly broke various streaming records after being replayed 61 million times in its first week. rev 2020.11.11.37991, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, English Language Learners Stack Exchange works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us, It sounds fine to me, too. It’s also about my fans as well. )Yes.AnonymousI am wondering if you have some time to meet.OK. What situation would prompt the world to dump the use of Atomic and Nuclear Explosives entirely? AnonymousI was wondering if you 'had or have' some time to meet. Why won't my teacher let me back in his class? I am wondering if you have some time to meet.

"If you have time by chance..." sounds a little odd to me (British English), but grammatically I can't see anything wrong with it and it's perfectly understandable. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. “I dunno.

share | improve this question | follow | asked Jun 13 '13 at 19:34. efi london efi london.

– Daniel Jun 13 '13 at 19:47. was this right for my teacher to do this? AnonymousAre both these sentences correct for asking if a friend has time to meet up?Yes. but this came to mind: if you're requesting an appointment why is it not possible to say have instead of had?

What prevents chess engines from being undetectable? I get worked up that I’m missing out on things. It would be lovely to see you if you have time. I would have got an A but got an F cause I didn´t put the arrow on the number line high enough. Connecting two DC sources in parallel using diodes. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service.

So ‘Hello’ is about wanting to be at home and wanting to reach out to everyone I’ve ever hurt – including myself – and apologise for it. In a tweet, Adele called 21 a “break-up record” and 25 a “make-up record.”. Never did I think I’d get a new Adele album and Jessica Jones on the same day. I would like to say something to the effect "if you are not (too) busy", but I would like to sound more neutral. Also, it is possible to say, "If you have time, could you give me an appointment?" Still have questions? Taylor Swift previously held the record with her video for “Bad Blood”, which had 20.1 million views in a single day.