I don't like to give under 3 stars unless the service was terrible or the workers were punk a$$e$, but if I'm keeping it real, I'll have to give this place 2.85 stars.Let me set up the menu for you as I remember it...Chicken, andagi, shoyu pork, andagi, rice, andagi, mac salad, andagi, meatballs, andagi, andagi, andagi, andagi, rinse and repeat.Get the picture? We came some time after 6 and the place was half empty with a few tables taken up and a few more people around the bar. That bread pudding really did need something. Heat a large skillet on medium-high. So people had to form a line around the area where the stage was set up. The first time we went there, for some reason, we liked the food. A strong FOUR STARS! For the past six yers, I've hosted my annual birthday party at Ige's on a "Flashback Friday" with high school classmates who live here on Oahu.

When the food finally came she was nice enough to warn me that the tiny bowl that held the casserole was a bit hot.

Obviously, I was disappointed. The food is MUCH better when catered for some strange reason.I've had Ige's at many catered events and I'm always drawn to the shoyu pork, thus when going to Ige's I ordered the shoyu pork. Thise who complain about the lack of ambience and other niceties just don't get it. Proof that Fan Fest, The Mog House, and bento store orders are totally stressing me out!! They offer brown or white rice and toss or macaroni salad. pork butt or belly (skin removed) cubed 2 inches. First time i came here was for my high school graduation. Actually I should speak in past tense because I’ve already eaten all of these things as I type this. Instead of "Pay-For-View," go down to a local watering hole like Ige's and enjoy the game -  you'll feel like you're at the game.

At work we order from here thrice or more a year, so it was interesting to actually come and dine in. It was as if I was inconveniencing them. Menu may not be up to date.

My brother and sis-in-law had the baby back ribs and that seems to be better than what I had. Congrats on the job!!! I hope it is all that you were looking for!I got the egg molds and they are soooo cute!

When our waitress came after we were done and waiting I asked for some takeout boxes, for me and my friend, and when she came back she only brought one when it was obvious that my friend needed one too. Place pork in a large pot with remaining ingredients. Serves 12. Thank you for your patience and generosity.

Heat a large skillet on medium-high. A tender and tasty recipe your family will love!

Staff is coolio. Add soy sauce, sugar, and salt. Some fly in from off-island (including one from California the last two years).

My friend got the todays special of beef stroganoff ($10+)that came atop a bed of noodles with choice of 2 sides of mashed potatoes and french fries. Bring to a boil. The shoyu pork, their specialty, tastes amazing but unfortunately ONLY available on fridays. Maybe it was the other Ige's making the food. Unfortunately, our family did not enjoy the food here. Add pork and cook on high heat until sauce boils. I got the egg molds and they are soooo cute!

I of course had to discuss things with Mr. Pikko so I will let her know by Tuesday.

Their lunch wagon and catering are not so blah,  so why is the restaurant? Copyright © 2020 Foodland Super Market, Ltd., Hawaii. Ige's the 19th puka...where are pukas 1-18 located? Service was also eh and felt like we were just unnoticed as the table next to us seemed liked they had a nicer and more attentive waitress than ours. I've come to conclude that I'll only return for a pau hana and pupu experience... but not for dinner. The flavor was still good, but the meat was hard. I'm not sure if I can do it every Friday because of work schedules and such but it was hella fun.The live music was an added bonus, with watching the "old people" dance. Cooking Process: Place pork in a large pot with remaining ingredients. Cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until pork is tender. 1 cup shoyu 2 cups water 2 tablespoons sake 1 tablespoon miso 3/4 cup sugar 1 tablespoon minced ginger 1 tablespoon minced garlic 6 pounds pork butt (trim fat and cut into thirds).

I have tried other dishes besides the flap meat from other people. The chicken katsu is tasteless. That's a whole different story.

Makes 6 servings. Place quesadilla in saute pan and heat until tortilla is golden brown. A couple of years ago, I went along with two friends and we cleaned them out of Guinness. Instructions. Blog posts on Adventures in Bentomaking contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you click and purchase something from the vendor. But the thing that disappointed me was the service. Proof that Fan Fest, The Mog House, and bento store orders are totally stressing me out!! Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. When all the pork is browned, combine with stock, shoyu, sugar, sake, mirin, garlic and ginger. They had a buffet lined up closer to the bar area. Honolulu, HI 96813 The not so good: um...thinking about flap meat when I'm on the plane leaving Hawaii.Oh, and the best part (besides the ginormous portions) is that you get a plate of andagi at the end of your meal. The only problem I see is the fact that for as a 'bar', they close kinda early...So come for dinner, and plan on going elsewhere afterwards.We'll be back. There were like 50 other open seats available and I wasn't planning on staying there long.We ordered the shoyu pork, pork belly, lechon kawali, and ribeye steak.

Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer until sugar and miso dissolve. Maybe we were starving.

It is only $8.50 for these two lunch plates. Do not go on a first date here...the ambiance and food will not get you a second date. The beef was where it was at! Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. I could have eaten the whole plate. We had a coupon to use so we decided we better go before it expired. NOT the same. But it was like eating butter... which I wouldn't do unless I was starving.

I got along fabulously with the boss lady and she offered me the position right there. Drizzle quesadilla with aioli and garnish with cilantro sprig. Place on baking sheet; broil until cheese melts. I get a full-sheet cake from Sam's Club, which is distributed also to other Ige's diners, as long as supplies last.When you want atmosphere, elegant service, and top-notch cuisine, go to Hy's, Hoku's, or Roy's. Shoyu pork was awesome...the pupu platter was good too. I WAS thirsty, but that subsided by the time my glass was refilled. Remove pork from sauce, slice and serve. They will get used a lot!!! Ige's is the family restaurant where you get your local plate lunch food and uncle can pop back a few cold ones while everyone talks story.Saw the stage for live music and the list of happy hour specials. It's a great venue to watch games with several hundred other like-minded Warrior fans, with ono grinds and tall cool drinks (non-alcoholic for me). It was just a bit too crowded for my taste. The food was pretty good, had the Teri flap meat and tempura combo. I’m so happy because it looks like a really fun place to work with great people and lots to do. The food is not bad. A whole bunch of blah blah blah's. In large pot, combine shoyu, water, sake, miso and sugar. Our mashed potatoes were good and creamy and had a subtle taste of garlic but would have been better if it had pieces of real garlic.

I had the flap meat, which I read is supposed to be really good, but to me it wasn't that special.

No need to buy desert here, they give it to you for free! We went in with a group of close to 20, and there was plenty of room...Like Liz T. and Dave H. (and maybe others, but I just saw Liz T's review) mentioned, it feels like you're eating in a warehouse/basketball gym/school cafeteria, etc. Occasionally, we get plate lunches from their lunch wagon and we've tried their catering before, so we expected to like the restaurant. The workers look like they don't want to be there. Ige's Shoyu Pork (147) I had another training session this morning and during that I found my first ever white hair!!!

Proof that Fan Fest, The Mog House, and bento store orders are totally stressing me out!! Posted by Pikko on Nov 9, 2007 in Bento, Pork | 3 comments.