Fantastic words! I made incredible points with decleating rhetoric complete with magnetic emotion. Is this pathetic?

The point is winning, not a fair fight. However 80% of my conversations are getting over the fear of speaking a testimony type conversation when I have a revelation from God’s Word. Trust me — you would not have walked away unmoved. The variations are frightening. “Ouch,” she said not in imagination but in stark reality. Facebook. And I don’t just want to win. ( Log Out /  No, I’m hand-crafting every opportunity to deliver the zinger. Every word he offers is simply a rung for me to step on as I ascend to take my rightful place on my well-earned pedestal. Show Less. ( Log Out /  I’d be interested for you to clarify and then continue the dialogue with a clearer idea of what point you’re attempting to make and what exactly you do believe about God. You sound obsessed with your ex, I think you need to start distracting yourself from thinking of your ex, he is starting to take control of you, so make yourself busy, stop thinking of him, get busy with school/work/activities and such, Whenever you think of him start thinking about something else, just make yourself stop, by the time you will start thinking of him less and less. Not healthy, nor helpful in assessing reality.

It doesn’t matter that my imagination has created an opponent who is severely outmatched. how can i stop constantly having imaginary conversations in my head? 1. How can a person EVER distinguish a conversation with an imaginary person from a conversation with an imaginary god? This is yet another reason for gratitude to the merciful God who wove these bitter thoughts into a crown of thorns and placed it onto the head of His precious Son so that I might be forgiven and made pure. Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 more Xper point! The Cult That Is the Christian Evangelist Movement, Vol.2: Conservatives Mourn the 2020 Election. This whole imaginary conversation thing might be funny if it weren’t so heinously twisted. Biden has won the presidency. 4. Something is at stake, usually something personal. Yet it would be a lie to say that these are the majority of my customized mental dialogues (and even these good imaginary conversations are often tainted with selfishness and a desire to impress). You can guess which side of the proverb I see reflected in these conversational fantasies:  “The heart of the righteous ponders how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil things” (Proverbs 15:28). I mourn to think of how much acreage in our hearts must be overgrown with the invisible thorns and thistles of bitterness and wicked scheming, and how much these thorns and thistles must choke out what is good, holy, and loving. I was oratorically indestructible, surprising even myself with my penetrating words and impeccable argumentation. In each case my conversation partner was slow-witted and unimpressive, and more or less faded into the background. Like that blog commenter or Facebook status-updater who takes ten minutes to craft a single witty sentence, my cleverness is off the charts in these imaginary conversations. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. I always win. Every guy who’s ever gotten engaged understands that a mental rehearsal can be a healthy, righteous, and loving thing. Im going through exactly the situation here. Maybe this is just me, or just people who have minds that work like mine. Answered in 3 minutes by: 2/24/2013 . So yes, sometimes I’m engaging in the natural mental exercise of rehearsing. All those jabbing comments you usually come up with two hours after the conversation’s over? Now, I don't really have anyone to share my life with: the funny things, the happy things, the sad things, etc.