What that means for locals is that the internet options are good here. If you enjoy playing games with your internet provider, go with Xfinity. If speed is what you’re after, it’s a tie between AT&T and Xfinity. Sonic also serves the San Jose, Berkeley, Vallejo, and Santa Rosa areas. Raw Bandwidth offers speeds up to 1 gig in South Beach, SoMa, and Potrero Hill, but it currently doesn’t offer service in Mission Bay or the Mission. If you’re looking for fiber internet in San Francisco, you’re in luck. If you’re sharing internet with a few roommates, good internet speeds could be anywhere from 20 Mbps to 400 Mbps, depending on how you use the internet and how often you’re home.

When sold to me I was told I could watch Netflix, no problem. But, to be fair, our survey doesn’t include some of San Francisco’s smaller internet service providers like Race Communications, Sonic, and Raw Bandwidth. I am looking for a better service provider. These plans are good for those who don’t need blazing fast gigabit speeds (or the price … The Bay Area is one of the most progressive, cultured, and tech-savvy metro areas in the US, so it’s no surprise that San Francisco locals have a lot of good options for internet service.

AT&T has difficulty keeping things fixed. possible. You can also check out the basic plans from Sonic, Xfinity, or Suddenlink for low-priced internet in the Bay Area. They will mess with your rates, increasing them over time, and they will nickel and dime you with little fees and charges. Smaller internet companies are often rated better for customer service. Want a consistent bill? Good luck even trying to watch Netflix. Browse your state and city for EarthLink Internet Service availability.

The selection of internet providers thins out as you head south, but almost all of the Bay Area offers speeds up to 1 gig (1,000 Mbps) from Xfinity and AT&T. You won't find it here. Get more from your internet. EarthLink Secure is a comprehensive suite of tools designed to protect your data and information. They all require you to sign at least a 12-month contract. Price, reliability, and customer service vary in the Bay Area, and you can look at each factor to find the best provider for you.

Work for an ISP? Thanks again for helping other HighSpeedInternet.com visitors get the most accurate information Learn more about Raw Bandwidth Telecom, Inc. “Really poor customer service and services… Already dropped TV service [with AT&T]  due to continued poor service and problems.”, “I have Xfinity and for all of my experiences with them and their services, I have nothing but good things to say.”, “It’s slow. Fiber relies on glass strands to relay digital code and is much faster than both DSL and cable. Ookla’s Net Index takes all the data from Speedtest.net and organizes it, making it easy to browse. When I call I am always told there is trouble on the line someone finds when resting it and makes attempt to repair. But if you think you might move within the year, it’ll pay off to avoid an Early Termination Fee (ETF). Instead you'll spend hours on the phone with them every few months trying to negotiate a package because every rate the offer is "promotional" and will increase after the promotion period. They should have this stuff automated and know when there are issues to fix. Satellite internet is widely available, but offers slower speeds due to a far-traveling signal. If you want to get the right internet speed for your home, use our “

Email me occasional updates on speed and pricing in my area. These plans are good for those who don’t need blazing fast gigabit speeds (or the price tag to go along with it).

Xfinity offers internet at speeds up to 1000 Mbps, AT&T offers internet at speeds up to 1000 Mbps, EarthLink offers internet at speeds up to 1000 Mbps, Suddenlink Communications offers internet at speeds up to 1000 Mbps. In some neighborhoods, you can get basic broadband internet from Race Communications at $25 per month for 25 Mbps, which is a better deal, although it’s not available everywhere. Xfinity comes in at a higher price point for lower-speed plans, so you’ll probably save money by going with AT&T, Wave, or Suddenlink if you want a plan with speeds around 100 Mbps or under.

I am paying an outrageous amount for service and yet I have to resort to my phone for most my internet use.

Sorry, no stores were found in your area. Downtown San Francisco residents have many options for high-speed internet, including big names like AT&T and Xfinity as well as local providers like Raw Bandwidth and Race.

Mt website host even ran a trace route to see why I kept getting time outs and discovered AT&T was the issue. Xfinity has several contract-free internet plans in the Bay Area. You can easily measure internet speeds with our “