« Cocido Madrileno | Spain’s Favorite Stew. Pint of the black stuff to go with it, and you’ve got a perfect meal. Changing the profile wouldn’t be too difficult if you wanted to go Ireland meets Texas kind of situation where the filling includes brisket, BBQ sauce, onions, peppers and a Shiner Beer or Deep Ellum Beer. Irish Food. This intro could have easily described Italy but this time, I was in Ireland. Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions. Subscribe to my newsletter and join me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest recipe and news! In a large bowl, add the flour, salt, and butter.

Once it had a flaky biscuit and the other time it had a pie crust. And love that this beef pie is topped with puff pastry. Using the ramekins as a template, cut out circles of pastry a little larger than the ramekins. This is one of my absolute favourite flavour combinations. That crust looks amazing. Recently I had the immense pleasure of visiting a lush, green country full of castles, 700 year old churches, medieval villages and some of the kindest people I have ever met. In the same pan add beef and sprinkle with flour. I love a good meat pie like this Irish Beef and Guinness Pie! It is then baked and that’s it. Cook until soft for about 5 minutes. Brush beaten egg on top and make a few venting holes. I’ll make some ‘tatties’ too:). You can also just plus up the veggies that don’t grow well in these areas such as tomatoes and peppers. Learn more about what you will find in an Irish Pantry. Serve with some tatties and a pint of Guinness for a complete, traditional Irish meal. What is your favorite Irish recipe? Set beef aside. I do love a good meat pie!! Just cook up some onions, beef and bacon, add some beer and simmer for a few hours. Serve with some tatties and a pint of Guinness for a complete, traditional Irish meal. may increase your risk of foodborne illness. Or you could keep it all Irish and serve with some crusty Irish Soda bread. Flaky, golden perfection! I’ve had this dish a few times. Required fields are marked *. Leave the pie to cool. parsnips and turnips or rutabagas. With your fingers or a pastry blender, work the We chose the latter and still saved money over a hotel. So rich and flakey – what a treat when you dip into that meat and gravy. Your email address will not be published. Cook beef until browned on all sides. This will help the beef tenderize and the gravy will thicken nicely. Leave the pie to cool. After the filling has simmered, preheat the oven to 400F. I’m terrible at making pie crust, LOL! 10 Add the meat back in and then ladle the mix into a suitable pie dish and cook in the oven for a further one hour. I bet you had a wonderful time in Ireland. DO YOU LOVE IRISH RECIPES? Spread the filling into a 9-inch pie dish; trim the puff pastry into a 10-inch circle, and place on top of … CRAVING MORE? The richness of the gravy and the super tender beef was perfectly balanced by that biscuit. In the same pan add beef and sprinkle with flour. Want to go to Ireland? I really like this dish and am going to try this tonight! My favorite way of adding some tang to mashed potatoes is to add sour cream. Our first pie was at Molloy’s Pub a few doors down from Jacob’s Inn. Place pastry on top of filling and crimp the edges with the tines of a fork to seal. Spoon filing into 6 (8 oz) ramekins. It makes it just that much easier. My travel buddy Janet and I landed in Dublin where we stayed at Jacobs Inn, a modern hostel in an old building. I always like oven-roasted potatoes as a side and with this meaty Irish pie, it’s just perfect. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Be sure to simmer the filling at least three hours. A flaky biscuit topped a meat filled ramekin. This is where you can actually get creative. In same pan add the butter and onions. Gather the ingredients. Take a picture and tag us @FusionCraftiness #FusionCraftiness on Instagram for a chance to be featured in our Insta Stories:). Irish Beef and Guinness Pie is a rich and hearty savory pie made with beef, onions, carrots and Guinness Stout. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Don’t go bragging about this copycat variation in Dublin though, they are loud and proud. #IrishRecipe #GuinnessPie #GuinnessStout, source : fusioncraftiness.com […], Your email address will not be published.