Click on the back arrow to see previous releases. Until further notice, the indie-friendly streamer is waiving its cut of sales every first Friday of the month, offering artists a reliable and unmitigated stream of funds at a time when touring profits have been reduced to how many tips you can land in a live stream on Twitch. While the Bandcamp page of this compilation did not indicate which charity would receive donations, previous installments were donated to RAICES (II) and the ACLU (I). While the average listener may associate ska with a bygone era, the scene has continued to grow and give birth to a bunch of excellent bands that carry on traditions of ’90s ska-punk bands like Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish. […] Currently, on one of rap’s most prolific runs, Flee Lord’s catalog is expanding at an alarming rate. After the release of his excellent album No Dream in May, Rosenstock showed that he has a little more in the tank and recorded a few more songs for this EP. The post Is It Bandcamp Friday? These are seven albums, songs and EPs – mostly of the punk variety – which will be picked up for Bandcamp on Friday. A rising rap star with a barbed pen and an ace ear for beats, Ivy Sole is one of hip-hop’s most dynamic daggers.

View thirdcoastreview’s profile on Facebook, View thirdcoastreview’s profile on Instagram, It’s the Penultimate Bandcamp Friday of the Year, Let’s Support Some Local Acts, Review: Sophia Loren Still Delivers in Netflix’s Touching Drama, Review: Documentarian Frederick Wiseman Returns with Masterful, Review: Steeped in Norwegian Myth, Mysterious, Cavanaugh (Serengeti and Open Mike Eagle). Authors: Teodor T. Postolache, M.D., of... A glacier that had held an Alaskan slope in place for centuries is melting, releasing the soil beneath in what can be described as... Half-human, half-alligator Arlo the Alligator Boy is set to make his streaming premiere at the center of not one but two projects in the... You have entered an incorrect email address! I have been unemployed since April so I just promoted my ass off and watched my stats. Out of Love, Compilation of Love for Women Against Abuse. Since many tours are put on hold, many musicians have decided to publish exclusive rights on the platform to earn a little extra money. If you don’t know Bandcamp, people there can buy albums, EPs and singles directly from artists. After the coronavirus pandemic first struck in March, streaming service and music site Bandcamp started holding “Bandcamp Fridays” to help artists make some extra money. Well, November’s Bandcamp Friday has came and went - who did you support this month? We’re nearing the end of the year and Bandcamp Friday is coming to a close.

STORM SURGE OF REVERBSurf & Instrumental Rock&Roll, Submitted by hunter on Sat, 11/07/2020 - 08:47. With three albums out on the year, Chris Crack has been dropping gems and one-liners at a staggering clip. They’ve committed to Bandcamp Friday to the end of the year, giving the music community a much needed boost in these COVID affected times. Then "Po'ino" starts to make you think they're pulling it back in with a straight surf stomper only to bring in some psychedelic weirdness. Send me a link to your stuff! Kevin Devine, No One’s Waiting Up for Me Tonight. The Washington Newsday is D.C daily news publication that focuses on US and international politics, in addition to global business and economics. “RIP coach.” The death of Kentucky soccer coach John Schlarman at the age of 45 has hit fans and players hard.

Check out our review of their set with Charly Bliss from TNK!

With a full-length debut album looming, there’s no better time to get acquainted with the playful and quirky R&B wizardry of Elbows. Really love it. His four-track Sycamore EP is lush, warbled, and swung-to-death. On his latest, the LA-based rapper lights up hazy soul loops with a smoke-stained rasp that’s so potent you’ll catch a contact from a lone rotation. Shit, I didn’t realize what day it was.

Bandcamp Friday will be happening all day until midnight PDT tonight. But it's also free to promote your friends' records so I did a little bit of that too. Thanks again peoples !! Dude! Comb through November’s list of independent artists to support on Bandcamp Friday and tune in next month for another batch. It's been a whole 6 months since their last EP, but ain't nuthin wrong with that! Rosenstock said any money given to him for this EP through Bandcamp would be donated to charitable causes, but “less money will get taken out if you just do that directly on your own.”. With many tours on hold, many musicians have taken to releasing exclusives on the platform to earn a little extra cash. I think the experimentation going on here goes pretty well and I hope we hear more of it in the future, which at the current pace shouldn't be too long! The Philadelphia-by-way-of-Scranton punks shared a sequel to their 2019 song “America (You’re Freaking Me Out)” back in June with proceeds going to community bail funds and Campaign Zero.

Also let’s not forget these incredible local labels. After a long week, there’s nothing quite like sitting down with a record from your favorite band or maybe even try out some artists you might not be familiar with. With just a handful of singles and an introductory EP, MIA GLADSTONE has already left a glimmering mark on lo-fi R&B. The next one is , from midnight to midnight PDT. It's not bandcamp Friday anymore but I missed three releases, Black Flamingos - Play Speedway and Other Hits, Bandcamp Friday Review Roundup: November Edition. While the title is an acoustic reworking similar to the one on their September album From Exile, the sequel contains new lyrics that mention George Floyd’s death and the protests that followed. And we’ll be doing the heavy lifting on R&D until the world resumes or a new one emerges.

Bandcamp usually participates in a part of the profits that the artists make, but on Bandcamp Fridays, which fall on the first Friday of the month until the end of the year, all profits go directly to the artist.