In times before Jesus came to earth, God searched for a willing servant to speak His message. Hope through Jesus validates ours today.

She contributes monthly at iBelieve.com and Crosswalk.com and is published in three Chicken Soup for the Soulpublications. And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. How about you, believer? God continues to use believers who are willing to trust and be obedient to Him. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. Consider also the Sunday School teacher, a janitor at work, the woman or man who conducts Bible studies in prison, the country preacher, parents, grandparents, artists, or teachers called to walk the halls of and instruct in schools daily. You are a holy, patient, and loving God, and I love you. "Pray Without Ceasing"  Pray therefore that the Lord of the harvest will send out laborers into his harvest.’” (Matthew 9:36-38 WEB). He delivered difficult news anyway, setting hope in front of a people unwilling to listen. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools.

Kristi Woods, writer and speaker, is passionate about women walking deeper with God.

"THE VISION OF GOD" Uzziah began to reign when just 16 years old, Reigned 52 yrs. All rights reserved.

In the midst of it all, he trusted God. Sometimes people don’t want to hear God’s truth, like I responded initially with my pastor’s wife and certainly how the Israelites did in Isaiah’s time. Send me!” – Isaiah 6:8. They mocked the “Holy One of Israel,” simply failing to grasp the severity of their unrighteous and less-than-praiseworthy decisions. Because He desires that none should perish. Should Christians Be Concerned about the End Times? They’ve been mouthpieces to sound warnings and encourage men and women—even children—to turn toward Jesus. As Isaiah pondered the vision, one of the seraphim touched his lips with coal, assuring his guilt had been removed and sins forgiven. Even in their rebellion, however, God cared for His people. The magnitude of it caused him to consider his own sin, a sense of doom coating his thoughts. Endow me with wisdom to discern Your voice and the courage to complete the journey. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.”  The Lord’s comments indicated that some would not be able to understand because they did not have a willing heart to obey.

Does this sound similar to society today? Copyright © 2020, iBelieve.com. Certainly they were Israelites, but not the complete nation of Israel. Photo Credit: Thinkstock/TinnakornJorruang.

Isaiah’s confession” Having seen God in the full glory of His holiness, Isaiah pronounces the prophetic “Woe” upon himself. The struggle continues today. “I heard the Lord’s voice, saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’” (Isaiah 6:8a WEB), Then, these words filled the prophet’s mouth: “Then I said, ‘Here I am. Isaiah 6:8, ESV: "And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and … (191.2). "Fearfully and Wonderfully Made" But then again, maybe God’s ways are higher than our own, and He can be trusted. Here I am. Then said I, Here am I; send me. Should Christians Celebrate Halloween? The prophet realized it would be rejected too, but he still offered his heart, mind, mouth, and feet as a messenger. Each houses a message, whether widely offered in the public eye or tucked somewhere behind the scenes, one-on-one. They live free. As long as people walk on earth, sin will exist. Still the truth is to be proclaimed, though it is known it will have no effect in reforming the nation.

It required many conversations and tenacity on her part, but I thank God for my pastor’s wife at a small country church in Newnan, Georgia. “The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some count slowness; but is patient with us, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9 WEB). I’ll admit, however, there are times when I read Isaiah’s story and fear echoes in my ears, drowning out courage. Thank You for the hope of heaven through Jesus Christ. During Isaiah’s time, the Israelites lived life knee-deep in the muck and mire of their sin and wayward acts. Lucifer first said he would go as our Savior (Here am I; Send me.). But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.”. Isaiah knew he and the message would be rejected. People are grateful after a touch from Jesus.

Send me!'" And when God calls me to do something hard, something far outside my comfort zone, I’m tempted to stutter step.

Chaotic times, northern His hope for today and eternity still stands. Will you be one who whispers Here I am, Lord? Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? If you’re saved, you carry God’s message. You? Photo Credit: Thinkstock/ArrangementsPhotography, “But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion for them, because they were harassed and scattered, like sheep without a shepherd. After all, how could a sinful person see the perfect, sinless God and survive? Who were these people who could not understand or know the Lord? Because of her desire to spread the message of Jesus Christ, I will enter heaven for eternity. Isaiah's case of perceiving his sin before God urges us to admit our own wrongdoings. And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I.

Photo Credit: Thinkstock/m-imagephotography. Also, there’s deliverance and healing while here on earth, encouragement and courage in the face of discouragement, and much more in life with the Lord. God is asking that question to believers today: Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? But we can take courage from Isaiah.

"Faith Without Works is Dead" In that moment with the seraphim, Isaiah’s doom lifted. Are they really applicable for believers today? However, that condition continues today. I’ve experienced it. And he heard God. All rights reserved worldwide. ", Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? In fact, I asked Jesus to forgive my sins and be my Savior due to the fervency of a messenger like Isaiah. “Here I am, Lord” The Call of Isaiah 6:8 for Believers Today, "For Unto You Is Born This Day" – The Beautiful Promise of Luke 2:11, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. And I said, 'Here am I. Whether small reach or large audience, this dying world needs the everlasting love of Jesus.

Hello Isaiah. What should be the type of music a church must use? View Study Resources . The Lord has always maintained a remnant of people who would listen and obey His words. And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" All rights reserved. I’ve personally been ministered to and encouraged in the Lord by several noted above. This article is part of our larger resource library of popular Bible verse phrases and quotes.

They sound easy enough to offer to God, but what about the story behind those words? But so does the offer to turn back to God. It is in this chapter that Isaiah tells of seeing the Lord “sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.”  It was the sight of the Lord in His glory that caused Isaiah to realize his own sinfulness and he confessed, “Woe is me!

So, the Lord sent Isaiah unto a people that would hear, but not understand; that would see, but not perceive, or know. Who Was Isaiah and What Was His Message?

Let’s read those verses. And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. (, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. of

Call it a one-on-one with the Almighty.

Because I don’t really know why some churches use CCM and some also combine godly or Biblical... Jesus told Peter he would deny him but even though he was told. This message of God is worth the carry—regardless of society’s response. When called to share the message of hope, we might be scared of how others will refuse that news or how we’ll look to them. Connect with Kristi here: Facebook and Pinterest. Jesus then told the parable of the great banquet to explain that Isaiah was prophesying the invitation to salvation (great banquet) which came through His crucifixion (sacrifice for the banquet) and resurrection. Here's What You Need to Know, 8 Ways Your Husband is Silently Showing He Loves You, 10 Unexpected Reasons for Infidelity in a Marriage. In making that point, He refers to our portion in Isaiah 6. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. We want to provide easy to read articles that answer your questions about the meaning, origin and history of specific verses within Scripture context. Love goes to great lengths. for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips.”  Upon this confession, he was cleansed by one of the seraphim touching his lips with a hot coal.