Our challenge is to transfer this truth — a little suffering today for strength tomorrow — to our spiritual lives. that looks good. I challenge you to do this.

Dust is often what must be present for the new to begin. If our souls never ached with disappointments and disillusionment, we'd never full admit and submit to our need for God. ( Log Out /  If we are going to be true to ourselves, we’d better make sure we are true to our most surrendered, healed, and healthy selves, the ones God made us to be. So she tastes as she did, and her aroma is unchanged.” Jeremiah 48:11. If we weren't shattered we'd never know the glorious touch of the Potter making something glorious out of dust, out of us.”, “Hoping doesn’t mean I put myself in harm’s way. Saved by Proverbs 31 Ministries.

19 Quotes from It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way by @LysaTerKeurst. It's Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa TerKeurst. We can numb it, ignore it, or pretend it doesn’t exist, but all those options lead to an eventual breakdown, not a breakthrough.”, “Weak moments don’t make weak faith. My soul sees it as fertilizer for a better future. (James 1:2–4)”. In other words, life will rarely go as we plan or hope. It’s really the only way to move from being stuck to transformed, from entrapment to freedom, from sorrow to joy. Their personal satisfaction left them self-reliant and far from God. Sign up to receive chapter 1 of my brand new book Breathing Room. “Using God’s truth as your fighting words will not change what you see, but it will absolutely will change how you see” (page 188). Inspirational Quotes .. We will never be able to demand any of the healing from all the hurt to hurry up. Weak moments make us even more aware of our need to press in to faith.”, “What if the worst parts of your life are actually gateways to the very best parts you’d never want to do without?”, “God loves me too much to answer my prayers at any other time than the right time and in any other way than the right way.”, “Making art provides uncomfortably accurate feedback about the gap that inevitably exists between what you intended to do, and what you did.”, “I have honest feelings where I want to throw my hands up in utter frustration and yell about the unfairness of it all. “We think the shattering in our lives could not possibly be for any good. You are fully known by Him and lavishly loved by Him. We question God when it doesn’t. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. . And it’s good for God to give them to us. We drown in fear and doubt and disappointment. It’s his subtle seduction to get us alone with our thoughts so he can slip in whispers that will develop our disappointments into destructive choices.”, “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. We can’t forget that life between the two gardens will be hard. My feelings and my faith will almost certainly come into conflict with each other. Quotes by Genres. And they yank me in different directions with never-ending wrestling. The older I get the more I realize how much I need help, namely God’s help. It is such a powerful book, especially if you are struggling with disappointment, resentment or regrets in life. That might really satisfy me.”, “So the human heart was created in the context of the perfection of the garden of Eden. If God is patient with the process, why can’t I be?”, “Feeling the pain is the first step toward healing the pain. Each month, you’ll hear from one of us on what we’re reading and a little bit about the book.

In a world of differences, we are so very united when we simply cry together. They are related, because we feel them so deeply, they paralyze us so easily, and the pat answers so many Christians try to place on them trip us up. Feeling the pain is the first step toward healing the pain. Lysa emphasizes in the first few pages of Chapter 10 that “there are thousands of scenarios that evoke these feelings of uncertainty, fear, and exhaustion from life not being like you thought it would be” (page 179). But He will allow it in doses to increase our trust. I turned to so if Brendon was awake already, and he was already up. We pout. You'll also never miss an update from my blog! Fear seems to be a close cousin of disappointment. Man, if life feels good, it must be good. This breaking of you will be the making of you. Feb 4, 2019 - Explore Lisa Rossen's board "It’s Not Supposed to be This Way" on Pinterest.

It's Not Supposed to Be This Way Have you ever found yourself thinking, “God, please don’t let this be the way my story unfolds"? But I weigh the consequences — I’d rather suffer a little today so that I won’t be awful-sick for a week or more later. But to let my feelings be the only voice will rob my soul of healing perspectives with which God wants to comfort me and carry me forward. December 13, 2018. To deny my feelings any voice is to rob me of being human. They will grow you. In the midst of Christmas lights and familiar carols, many are experiencing heartache. We cannot control our outcomes. And His Truth says you are a holy and dearly loved child of your heavenly Father. If it’s our first response to call “foul” and scream that life is unfair then sit in our bitterness and pain isolated from God, then we know we’re processing like the world.

But He will allow it in doses to increase our trust. This is how the formula should calculate: hard time plus healing time plus staying faithful to God should equal the exact good outcome we were counting on.