Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. That’s why I use Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs.

Some popular toppings are shrimp, pork, and mussels.

They’re good for you and the environment too, plus if you love eggs, the difference in taste is amazing when you go with organic eggs. Today I’m finally sharing Korean Spicy Silken Tofu Soup, Soondubu Jjigae! . It may say “soon-tofu” on the package. You can use any other proteins you desire, though – it’s a flexible recipe that you’re going to love. If you want to keep it healthier, you can substitute the pork belly with olive oil. Garnish with green onions. Make sure your pot can hold at least 4 cups of water for this recipe. And since I don’t often use dried anchovies in my cooking routine, I decided to create the broth base from a combination of dried shiitake mushrooms and fish sauce. For this soup, the seasoning paste will guarantee it won’t be aggressive. Gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes) brings the soup’s signature color and heat, while soy sauce adds salt. You will probably need to take a trip to the Korean market for the tofu.

You can find silken tofu either in a typical square container or a tubular container. The spicy broth bobbing with silky tofu is an incredibly comforting soup that goes well with fresh rice. I prefer to use a tubular one because it’s easier to add to the soup, but if you are using the one that comes in a square container, be sure to break it apart into big chunks. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Your email address will not be published. When you buy something through our retail links, we may receive a commission. If you scale up the recipe, you can use a large dutch oven and serve the stew in individual bowls with an egg once cooked. After the mushrooms turn tender throughout, rub them between your fingers to remove any sediment and squeeze out the excess moisture. They’re free-range, USDA Certified Organic (which means no GMOs or pesticides), and the hens are never given no antibiotics or hormones. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail.

When it comes to making soups using the paste, just start with vegetables and protein of your choice, add water, and season with the premade paste. Sign up my newsletter to receive the 5-Day Chinese Cooking Crash Course and recipe update! Welcome to my site about modern Chinese cooking, Asian inspired dishes, and classic recipes cooked in my small New York Kitchen. Related Reading: Spicy Carbonara Tteokbokki is the Korean-Italian Fusion You Deserve All Year. This recipe is awesome. Cover and cook over medium heat, about 10 minutes. You can purchase gochugaru at Korean grocery stores, H Mart, or on Amazon. The spicy broth bobbing with silky tofu is an incredibly comforting soup that goes well with fresh rice. Add the enoki mushrooms, seafood, and green onion. Crack a raw egg into a serving bowl and put bubbling hot soup right in the bowl with the egg (the heat from the soup will slightly cook the egg), Garnish it with the green parts of scallions you reserved in a bowl along with some rice. Add the vegetable oil to the pot along with small-diced onion. You can use soft tofu for the soup, but you can’t really call that soondubu jjigae. If you want to add some vegetarian toppings, different kinds of mushrooms, like oysters, shiitake, and enoki, are also great additions. Add the gochugaru.

This recipe is designed for one person (or two servings, if sharing) to be made in a clay pot for a wonderful meal that’s a bit luxurious and divine, just like they do in a Korean restaurant. Also, the reason to use the white parts of the scallions is that they tend to have more flavor than the green parts. You add a raw egg yolk right at the end of the recipe. {Gluten-Free}. Not as pretty as yours, though!! I make this authentic recipe a lot at home and my friends have asked for the recipe.

But if you don’t have one or if you want to make more for the rest of the family, you can scale up the recipe and use a large Dutch oven instead. Keep the heat from medium to medium-low to make sure it’s not burning.

Pecan Pie or Pumpkin Pie: Which One Wins Thanksgiving? It’s a finely ground chili powder that has the right spice level to make this dish. This time, it’s made with soondubu (also spelled sundubu, aka silken tofu), ripe kimchi and thinly sliced meat.