This undulating wave of shifting notes is, in my opinion, a characteristic of a “prismatic” scent. and amber, in that order.

On the one hand: it is indisputably an elegant, subtle composition, a deft work of olfactory art. It means a lot. In terms of longevity, it lasted just under 10 hours on me, which is pretty remarkable.

With my skin chemistry I find a fragrance like Amber Absolute a much more interesting/ enjoyable than Tauer's LDDM. (Reviews on Lucky Scent.) The website provides the following information: Free selection: It is your choice to pick a set of 5 DISCOVERY SIZE perfume samples in glass spray vials. I’ll have to ponder it, but if you try it again and your views change, let me know.

Fragrantica classifies L’Air du Desert Marocain as an “Oriental Spicy.” The Tauer website provides the following notes: Head: Coriander and cumin, carefully blended with petitgrain. I should start with saying that I’m a big Andy Tauer’s fan but not that much of his perfumes: out of 13 I tried Iliked only 4. The spice, the flowers, the incense.......The overall feeling. I’m glad you like them. In fact, some men on a Basenotes thread I read found that it was perhaps a little too much for them, too.

Samples are available from Surrender to Chance as well, starting at $5.99. Marocain is one of the few perfumes that I get compliments on from others. The character which consistently comes to mind is the Bedouin chief, Ardeth Bay, played by Oded Fehr in The Mummy (1999). You can find that list of stores here.

I’m so glad it works for you, my dear, especially with regard to the cumin! It’s my own issue and my own neurosis because, again, my nose is extremely sensitive to cumin (it’s why I can rarely cook with it). on the other hand Zeta is amazing acidic linden blossom. At first wearing, this gets the YUCK award.

Cost & Availability from the Tauer Website: The Tauer Perfumes website lists the cost of the 50 ml/1.7 oz bottle as as: Fr. The sillage is slightly less overwhelming at this point, but there is still significant projection. I find nothing. I can’t think of the person whom I think embodies the L’Air du Desert Marocain man. I was in love and remember thinking that I would like to capture that night forever. They also sell a sample vial for $4. My third try yielded a mix of my prior two attempts. My God, on a man, I think it would make him quite irresistible! So Andy Tauer gets an A+ in my book!

I have visited Luxor twice. Of course, that may be a highly personal evocation, but that failure to connect emotionally with my memories and expectations might be part of why it leaves me a bit less than enthusiastic. Well, I do! There has been a lot of hype over this fragrance and maybe its because it reacts favorable with others skin chemistry but on me I find it very linear in composition and development.

The scent of L'Air du Desert Marocain is decidely masculine even if it is sold as a unisex creation, so no doubt most of this praise comes from guys who dig it's spicy, smoky, and dry trail befitting its name. I find it wraps on my skin like a lovely fine layer of spice, incense and labdanum, never really going much further than a few inches. I’m afraid I’m not a fan of lavender scents or powdery ones to some extent, so the combination of the two together probably won’t be very appealing to me. Here, the strongly woody, faintly bitter notes recall a wooded version of orange blossom.

L'Air du Desert Marocain (2005) is the second perfume from one-man-house Tauer, composed like all of them are, by Andy Tauer himself. 3 If you’ve read any of my reviews for perfumes with cumin, you will know that I’m highly sensitive to the scent of cumin and its inevitable turn to a sweat note.

( The sense of smell is so closely linked with memory that a personal association can either make or break a fragrance. I would definitely love to add this fabulous scent to my collection. Beautiful Barbie car, vanilla toothpaste.

But I’ll definitely keep Reverie au Jardin in mind if every someone wants a recommendation for a lavender-based perfume. If you have time go and see my today’s review. You can read more about petitgrain and all the various notes in the Glossary, but, in a nutshell, petitgrain is the distillation of the bitter twigs of a citrus tree, usually orange blossom. It evokes Lapsang Souchang, a black tea which Wikipedia says “is distinct from all other types of tea because lapsang leaves are traditionally smoke-dried over pinewood fires, taking on a distinctive smoky flavour.” The black, bitter, smoky tea is tinged with pine notes but also the lightness of the bergamot and the piney aspect of cedar. It is the smell of Morocco and is immensely evocative, but, for all that I think this is one absolutely marvelous scent and for all that I couldn’t stop sniffing my wrists in the beginning, I don’t think this is a scent for me. Then again, almost every perfume does that on me with the exception of things based on teas. This initial blast settles quickly, and it becomes a (thankfully) mellower blend of spices and woods against a sweet resinous amber, with just a dash of a subtle and pleasant floral note. It was late at night. My girlfriend could still smell it on me when I got home from work. Projected well, with clear wafts for about 4 hours. A wet drooled on one. Thank you again! On others, the fragrance is reported to last eons with only a few sprays, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it lasted a good 16 hours on someone, if not far more if you used a lot. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2026464/Anosmia-Wonder-like-sense-smell-It-stinks.html People can be anosmic towards selective notes; musk or cumin-curry ones seem to be high on the list. Being number 14 in a series of 16 reviews on critically acclaimed and noteworthy scents. On a man, I can imagine his partner or spouse thinking, “let me nuzzle you, sniff you and run my hands over you.”. lol.

Actual dust! Pingback: Perfume Review- Serge Lutens Chergui: The Desert Wind | Kafkaesque, Pingback: Laughs, Lemmings, Loves – Episode 28 « Undina's Looking Glass, Pingback: Perfume Review: Absolue Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian | Kafkaesque. This is a seductive but sort of dry (as in desert winds) fragrance. Maybe this is supposed to be more of the purple jasmine shrub not the white jasmine creepers?