P.O. Yellowstone National Park Lodges All of this right next to Storybook Land, which is a very nice (and free) family attraction. Picnic area provided for families. Wing Haven garden, Bird sanctuary Charlotte, NC. The Rock Hill Riverwalk provides scenic views of the Catawba River for the perfect place to have a picnic! CA Residents Only: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Such a clean & well maintained park. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. With 2,300 acres of land available, there's so many places to set up for a picnic at the Greenway.

Located in downtown Rock Hill, Fountain Park offers a vast green space and a view of a gorgeous fountain for your afternoon picnic! Explore POsrUs' photos on Flickr. We are a collection of vibrant communities, welcoming neighborhoods and engaging people. Come and see what everyone is talking about! Credit: @1twentysevenphotography (Instagram). The four-table area is a wonderful spot to catch the sunset. All of this right next to Storybook Land, which is a very nice (and free) family attraction. Park benches provided. Being new to Charlotte, it seems that most of Lake Wylie and Lake Norman are private access (with private homes built and having the lake access). Very nice campground on the property, plenty of playgrounds and picnic places, mini golf, bumper boats, go-karts, all right next to a small lake. more. Steamboat Point Picnic Area offers epic views from the north shore of Yellowstone Lake. The park houses a free zoo, Storybookland, picnic areas, manmade beach, go-cart track, you can rent peddle bike cars(which are WAYYY more work than we thought)FUN, FUN, FUN! Campground staff... Listing courtesy of: Keller Williams Ballantyne Area 4190 La Crema Drive Charlotte NC 28214. Some considerations before you pack the picnic basket: Cooking is permitted only on self-contained charcoal grills or on cookstoves. On the right side of the point is a small area for boaters who wish to visit the park. Personally I'd never swim in it, I've seen the area after all the ducks and geese spent time there! From Mapcarta, the free map. Situated on the border of North and South Carolina just south of Charlotte, Crown Cove RV Park has been an integral part of the community for.. Charlotte/Fort Mill KOA is 1/4 mile off I-77 (only 20 minutes from uptown Charlotte) in a relaxing wooded atmosphere, free from the noise and bustle.. York County’s Ebenezer Park is a 26 acre park located north of Rock Hill on the shores of Lake Wylie’s 13,443 acre lake that borders.. Don’t just dream of flying anymore, make it your favorite pastime at South Carolina’s scenic Zipline Canopy Tour, just minutes from Charlotte, NC. Rock Hill PRT and Visit York County Logo Guidelines. After watching Old Faithful work its magic, stoke your appetite with a trek along the boardwalk that leads to adjacent geothermal wonders. Wylie Picnic Area is a park in Arkansas and has an elevation of 558 feet. Open fires aren’t allowed except in areas with fire grates. Lake Wylie’s activities include a variety of things from wake-boarding and rowing to fishing and sailing, it’s a true water sports paradise. Yogi Bear elevated picnicking in Jellystone Park to high art. Tiny House Nation meeting Glamping (glamorous camping), on Lake Wylie. Within the 17-acre waterfront amenity area, you’ll find swimming pools, tennis courts, picnic stations, community events, and a boating center with canoes and kayaks. Clover's newest and largest park provides a range of activities to keep you entertained before or after picnic at one of their picnic shelters! Windjammer is also available for PARTY RENTALS, and many make use of its gorgeous views of Lake Wylie for weddings and receptions. We stayed with a small group in July. A few even have grills. But although the popular cartoon character claimed to be smarter than the average bear, he has nothing on real-life denizens of Yellowstone National Park, who can point the way to idyllic al fresco dining spots. What better combination than railroads and leaf-peeping? This 11-acre park is one of the most popular in Rock Hill for a reason- because it's so beautiful! Nearby alternatives sites: Norris Meadows and Caldera Rim picnic areas.

Who said picnics were just for humans? Show Details Get Home Packet. read more, We visited during Covid-19 and it was a wonderful park! For more travel experiences to Beautiful Places on Earth™ available from Xanterra Travel Collection and its affiliated properties, visit xanterra.com/explore. to help give you the best experience we can. This place is a popular getaway spot for many, as it has a very active water sports crowd. Campground staff... We visited during Covid-19 and it was a wonderful park! If you've ever attended Fort Mill's annual Strawberry Festival, then you know how great Walter Elisha Park is! Several marinas grace the shores of Lake Wylie, providing boat launches, boat slips, boat storage, boat rentals, boat repairs, and gas stops for when you need to refuel. Park benches provided. Yellowstone boasts 52 designated picnic areas with tables. The Great Smoky Mountains Is One Of The Most Beautiful Places On Earth Entrance To The Great Smoky Mountains National Park From Gatlinburg The Great Smoky Mountains and the cities around it like Gatlinburg Tennessee and Cherokee North Carolina... NC State Historic Sites preserves, operates and interprets significant historic sites across the state enabling visitors to explore North Carolina's history. We paid $17 for one night of tent camping. It's South Dakota's version of a beach :) There's a small playground on the beach, a zoo, mini golf, etc. Pick one of their large grassy spots in the shade to keep cool. I was wondering if there is any public area on Lake Wylie or the Catawba River that you could go and sit by the water and have a picnic etc. I traveled here a lot in my childhood.

My only criticism is that the tent camping spots are very close together. You must show your pass at check-in to receive the discount on your site only. Or get in some exercise as you hike one of the trails, and then reward yourself with some yummy food. With so many acres and miles of shoreline, the best way to see the lake is by boat. You’re likely to see bison and maybe even some pelicans fishing for breakfast in the Yellowstone River.