Anglers ages 16 and older must have a NC State Fishing License.

It will take you to a point where it narrows and is deep. Historic Latta Plantation is a circa 1800 cotton plantation and living history farm located within the 1,343 acre Latta Nature Preserve in Huntersville, NC. Nature Center hours are Mon. Latta offers two launch options for canoes, kayaks and SUPs. 41 reviews of Latta Plantation Nature Preserve "This is a beautiful park surrounding Mountain Island Lake. Try the southern kayak/canoe launch. wish I hadn`t even read that recipe........... With dead shad you`ve knocked yourself back down to just catfish more than likely. Highly recommended and a lot of horse sign but no bourses just hikers, joggers, and a few with dogs. Since I started kayaking I don`t stay in one spot long enough! The lake is home to some of the best largemouth bass fishing in the state as well as bluegill, crappie and catfish. what bait i should use and where to fish in winter weather. Please Note: The Equestrian Center is no longer in business and horseback rides are not available for purchase. Latta Plantation Nature Center & Preserve: Fishing - See 44 traveler reviews, 47 candid photos, and great deals for Huntersville, NC, at Tripadvisor. Great trails and if you keep taking Rights, except the right toward Latta Springs, you can get almost 5 miles in! i used nightcrawlers and my homemade bait but it didnt work thoruly so i need ur help to catch more fish.

Historic Latta Plantation. It was hard to tell between the trail and the short cuts.

View Event → Sep. 21. Show more reviews. For more details or to purchase a license, contact the NC Wildlife Resource Commission at … Only a few water access points for the dogs which was OK on a cool fall overcast day but would be a problem in the summer.

The preserve is also home to the Carolina Raptor Center, Historic Latta Plantation, and the Latta Nature Center. we had some bites at the pier but no catch we fished at hornets nest and here but no biggins just cat fry.

Mostly packed cinders/dirt with a few areas of scattered rocks/roots but overall a great trail. very easy but slightly confusing without alltrails.

what bait did you use, what area of the pond and how deep at Hornet's Nest? You can take your pet (on leash) with you. Takes it out at night, from his dock in a boat, way out in the channel. The North Canoe Access includes an ADA accessible launch platform in a sheltered cove. This was awesome! Very nice though! This 1,460-acre nature preserve on Mountain Island Lake offers an Interpretive Center, 18 miles of hiking and horseback riding, Segway adventure tours, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, and picnicking. You`ll get alot of different answers about lures depending on who you ask, where, what time of year, water clarity, and on and on...... I`ve caught some around 20 lbs. Beautiful sightseeing in the fall, with leafs falling... not bad walk. Numerous fishing opportunities are available, including a fishing dock. 10:00 AM 10:00.

– Sat., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sun., 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Fishing is also a great birthday party idea!

Latta Nature Preserve offers endless opportunities for outdoor recreation. Shaded and amazing during fall.

My buddy caught a 59 lber pretty much just across from Latta.

First 1/3 mile just parallels the road to get to the trail. ty. Latta Nature Preserve (Mountain Island Lake) (980)314-1129. If you’re new to the whole fishing thing, you can borrow a rod and reel at a participating Mecklenburg County Park and Rec Nature Center, including Latta Plantation, McDowell, or Reedy Creek.