Add the penne to the skillet with the sauce and stir. Add the onion, carrot & celery (and leeks if using them) and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes (do not allow to brown). Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes. I give rough quantities because sometimes rosemary sprigs are large, woody and pungent and sometimes less so; use your best judgement.

And for more recipes you can make using leftovers, try our Mexican Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup and Zuppa Toscana Copycat- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Recipe! Sorry I’m just seeing your comment now and you might have already made this, but yes! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Working in batches, sear the short ribs really well, about 3-4 minutes on all four sides. It takes a bit of time and love, but it’s a really simple process. Then, add 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes. It’s perfect for leftovers or for a dinner party. Grated parmesan is optional for this recipe as the sauce is already creamy and buttery enough even without it, but you can add it for extra richness. If using meat from the fridge, let it sit out for about an hour beforehand. Add pasta and cook until al dente. We want our mission to reach the homes of all families and inspire people across the world to spend time around the family table. The flour is just used to thicken the sauce slightly and there’s not too much of it to make a huge impact. This is a restaurant-style creamy pasta recipe that’s full of flavors and so easy to make! Cook 2/3 lb. Braise time is still about the same because you’ll need that time to break down and tenderize the tough meat.

For example, grill steak on Tuesday night, make extra then serve the leftover meat and potatoes in an easy dinner salad on Thursday. Looking for ideas on what to do with leftover prime rib? Meanwhile, use your hands and a pair of gloves to shred the meat, discarding any large chunks of fat, bone, and connective tissue. Hear me out, when I first thought about the idea of an Instant Pot Prime Rib, I was not happy. Cover the pot, leaving a small crack open to allow some steam to escape. Once the sauce has reduced and thickened, whisk in the butter, one tablespoon at a time. September 19, 2020.

You can also always cut the recipe in half. I made it last night for our Sunday dinner and will happily be enjoying leftovers tonight!

Line several medium-sized ramekins with the dough; then pack in the short rib meat, along with peas, onions, mushrooms and carrots.