Got the family over and need an easy Christmas pudding? Very sweet steamed pudding, more like a cake, that is typically served at holiday time. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Serve with cream or boozy custard, if you like. The sky is the limit. A fruity twist on the classic Christmas pud. Allrecipes has more than 20 recipes for Christmas puddings like figgy pudding, or date, plum, carrot and toffee puddings. Lindt balls buried in the centre of this deeply chocolatey pud give little melted caramel hits, perfect for a festive dessert that's easy but really impressive. Soak the fruits the night before you plan to cook the pudding. Good Housekeeping participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Want a traditional Christmas pudding recipe? Luxury Christmas pudding recipe. Looking for an alternative Christmas pudding? https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/.../g549934/gh-christmas-pudding-recipes © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. Sign in to manage your newsletter preferences. I've made it for years and have passed it on to friends and family. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Check out this indulgent steamed pudding recipe with seasonal cranberries and fiery ginger. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Dates, brown sugar, walnuts, yummmmm! A candied whole orange as a surprise centre gives this year’s pudding real wow factor. The one who gets it, wins a prize. I remember my grandmother making this for Christmas, my mother used to make it and now I'm preparing it for our Christmas celebration. Check out our Christmas gingerbread pudding with sticky toffee sauce - an easy twist on a classic British dessert. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Generously butter a 1.4 litre/2½ pint pudding basin. There's no pre-soaking of ingredients involved so it's an easy simple recipe to make for a celebration with friends and family. This version is rich with dates. This is a classic recipe for a luxurious homemade Christmas pudding. There's a plenty of great supermarket Christmas puddings.

– HEATHERWRAY. If you’d like things a bit richer use Billington’s dark muscovado sugar instead of … Cut a small disc of foil or baking … The buttery sauce is optional, the pudding is good with or without it! You can also line the mold with pecan halves or cranberries before filling. This was a huge hit with everyone—especially served with rum sauce!" A Christmas recipe from 1922, our first ever Christmas issue: Christmas pudding.

We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.

Good eating! This is an old-fashioned persimmon pudding recipe from which people who say they don't like persimmon pudding DO like this one. Orange slices are an easy way to decorate it, and they add wonderful flavour. A special Maine Christmas dessert made for Davey by Nana down-river and then Auntie Marlene. I received this recipe about 40 years ago from a friend who said it had been in her family for generations. Our most recent Christmas pudding recipe, this boozy pudding containes prunes which give a delicious sticky texture.Rum 'n' Plum Christmas pudding recipe, A classic Christmas pudding, this fruity recipe contains apple juice and brandy.Christmas pudding recipe, When you don't have time to mature your pudding, this is the recipe you need.Last-minute Christmas pudding recipe, A modern twist on the classic Christmas pudding, this version has the addition of dried sour cherries, strawberries and blueberries.Very berry Christmas pudding recipe, Cooked in minutes, the microwave does all the work in this super quick and simple Christmas pudding.Quick Christmas pudding recipe, The rich flavours of fig, pear and brazil nuts give this traditional pudding an interesting twist, while cranberries and orange provide a zesty kick.Fig, orange and cranberry Christmas pudding recipe, A touch of Guinness and chocolate add a rich dark flavour to this Christmas pudding recipe.Dark and fruity Christmas pudding recipe. Serve with custard or brandy butter. You can make this a couple of months ahead and keep it wrapped in the basin in a dark cupboard until the big day. Need an easy make ahead christmas pudding recipe? Serve up some traditional puddings this Christmas. Check out our best Christmas pudding recipes for the festive season, from traditional puds to those with a twist, Looking for Christmas pudding recipes? A dark, rich toffee dessert spiked with fiery ginger – serve with cream, ice cream or custard.

Easy to make, and delicious to eat using just a few ingredients. Check out our luxury Christmas pudding recipe, it’s far lighter than a traditional Christmas pudding but still with a seasonal flavour. https://www.thespruceeats.com/traditional-christmas-pudding-recipe-435070 You can substitute a mixture of fresh and dried apricots, peaches, etc. You can’t go wrong with this delicious Christmas pudding recipe. We've plenty more Christmas baking recipe here, too... Sign up to receive recipe inspiration and foodie openings. If you’d like things a bit richer use Billington’s dark muscovado sugar instead of the lighter sugar.

If you're making your own Christmas pudding we have all the recipes you need, from classic to festive twists. This is a wonderful spice filled dessert that resembles plum pudding but is low in fat (unless you use the buttery sauce!). Decadent, tender and perfectly spiced, this is the Christmas Pudding recipe to print out and keep forever. If you’re not a fan, check out our best Christmas dessert recipes here…. Looking for an alternative Christmas pudding? On Christmas it is a tradition to add a whole almond to the bowl. Looking to jazz up your Christmas pudding this Christmas Day? You can unsubscribe at any time. I love this dessert so much that now my mother makes one for dessert on Christmas and a separate one for me to take home.

You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, Irish Cream Crème Brûlée Cheesecake Recipe, Good Housekeeping, Part of the Hearst UK Fashion & Beauty Network. Cut a slice, add brandy sauce, microwave, and indulge while your New Year's resolution is looking the other way!

Steamed in the microwave, this Christmas dessert is a simple freeze-ahead festive pudding that takes only 40 minutes to make. It's wonderful topped with whipped cream or milk poured over it. Treat someone special this Christmas with these melt-in-the-mouth chocolate truffles with a boozy kick. for the plums and milk for the ale if you wish. This is a steamed pudding of brown sugar, butter, milk, flour, dates, raisins, currants, and candied fruit peel. Serve up some traditional puddings this Christmas. Ginger is a traditional Christmas flavour and this recipe uses preserved and ground. Be creative and add Christmas decorations to the plate before serving.

By entering your details, you are agreeing to olive magazine terms and conditions.

Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. This steamed pudding is traditional at Christmas - served with Hard Sauce. Cut a circle of … With its golden crown of succulent pears, this juicy pudding is sure to finish the feast on a high note. "Just like my mom used to make at Christmas. This year’s offering is a glorious beauty crowned with pecans and glacé cherries. This is a fairly basic British Christmas plum pudding recipe but unlike other recipes it can actually have plums in it. It comes out wonderfully moist and flavorful. We have plenty of ideas to try, from luxury Christmas puddings to easy ideas, traditional Christmas puddings to inventive twists (try our chocolate Christmas pudding or the sherry-laced pud). 34 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice ... Make this vegan Christmas pudding as part of a festive feast, packed with dried figs, raisins, sultanas and a tot of rum.

It's guaranteed to impress at the end of your festive lunch or dinner. After 24 hours, grease a 1.2 litre/2 pint pudding basin with butter. But if you want to make your own, we have have 13 to choose from including rum and plum Xmas pudding and a last minute, easy Christmas pudding too. Even though this cooks on simmer, it is wise to check that the pan does not boil dry! This spiced persimmon pudding is easy to prepare and topped with a sweet brandy whipped cream. This would make a great twist to the traditional Christmas pudding and can be made in advance and rewarmed when you’re ready to serve. This light but luxurious pudding celebrates the classic Champagne cocktail. Enjoy cooking, eating and exploring! Quick cookies, indulgent brownies, family tray bakes and more, Cosy up at home with comforting chillis, campfire cakes and luxurious hot chocolates, Find your new favourite botanicals from across the UK, Best DIY restaurant meal kits and recipe boxes, Get the Cooks Professional Espresso Maker for just £39.99, Gingerbread pudding recipe with sticky toffee sauce. Serve it with custard, whipped cream or ice cream. Yummy served later on hot raisin toast. – Al Callander, "Serve with brandy or rum butter." Serve warm with whipped cream flavored with liqueur. For variations, try lemon or chocolate sauce. Check out our epic chocolate alternative to a Christmas pudding. The house smells great all day long. PX or Pedro Ximénez is a dark, sweet sherry with flavours of molasses and raisins. Allrecipes has more than 20 recipes for Christmas puddings like figgy pudding, or date, plum, carrot and toffee puddings. It's wonderful served with rum or cranberry sauce. This recipe calls for prunes, which are dried plums. Already have an account with us?

This fruit-packed Christmas pudding gets an extra flavour boost from stout.

I hope this will be what you are looking for! Make it sparkle with a little edible gold glitter – it is Christmas, after all! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table.

Want a seriously boozy Christmas pudding recipe? Dense, moist cake reminiscent of the Victorian dessert, this figgy pudding was the perfect finale to a chestnut-stuffed, Christmas goose dinner.

This is a traditional sauce to be served with Plum Pudding. Try these seriously decadent ginger sticky toffee puddings. Apple and Calvados Christmas Pudding recipe. This pudding is very rich and small servings go a very long way. This is a great holiday treat. It is more moist and more like the consistency of pumpkin pie filling. This is just like traditional Christmas pudding, but with less fat. Check out our luxury Christmas pudding recipe, it’s far lighter than a traditional Christmas pudding but still with a seasonal flavour. I made it for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit! A pudding cake with caramel sauce served over the top.

I cook this into my double boiler.

This recipe was found in my grandma's recipe box. Serve with brandy or rum butter.

Unfortunately the ingredient list is so long, it isn't easy to make it in less than industrial quantities! I have never used this recipe but I recently inherited my grandmother's recipe collection. Serve warm with vegan ice cream 3 hrs and 30 mins Thanks! The variations on this are endless because the filling can be any combination of mincemeat, pumpkin and/or cranberry sauce, but here's my favorite combination.