It’s packed with fiber, whole grains, and perfect to have with some milk, sprinkle over yogurt, or make a healthy parfait! As new to making our own homemade granola, I love the ease and flexibility of this recipe. This website uses cookies to improve your experience.

Thanks for sharing, I’m going to pin this for later. Was curious about the nutritional values I did cook it a bit longer. So yummy! Thank you for such a great blog Mega bus…. You can also subscribe without commenting. Thanks for stopping by The Big Man’s World ®. Alright, time to pin, print, save, tag, or bookmark this recipe however in the world you prefer. Which is why I am so excited to discover Megabus! Do not press down firmly, leave air space as much as possible. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of megabus.com. xoxoxo. I would probably leave out the coconut because I’m not a big fan, but I love everything else! Your email address will not be published.

In a smaller bowl combine honey, oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and applesauce. We love it plain, we love it drowning in almond milk, we love mixing it with fresh fruit and Greek yogurt into parfaits, we love sprinkling it on everything from desserts to mashed potatoes to salads (<– yes, surprisingly good). How to Make Healthy Granola Cereal Things You Will Need. and perfectly sweet, it’s a delicious vegan and gluten free breakfast that will become a staple! Once the granola has turned a light golden brown color, removed it from the oven and allow it to cool completely. (read more...). Adding in things such as dried or fresh fruits, various seeds, nuts, and even honey can help to take this cereal to the next level. But mainly, I just love this granola recipe because it is downright delicious. After the 25 minutes, I lowered the heat to 300 degrees and cooked an additional 10-15 minutes so it would get good and toasty. Your email address will not be published. Bake for a further 25-35 minutes, stirring 2-3 times until granola is a dark golden brown. ★☆ Limit how much dried fruit, honey, maple syrup and other foods with natural sugars your granola cereal contains. Using just 4 ingredients, and ready in 30 minutes, this healthy granola recipe is made with no oil or butter! Oatmeal is a great breakfast. It is important that the homemade granola has cooled completely before storing it. For a healthy breakfast, serve it on top of some Greek yogurt or pour over some milk. In a large bowl combine oats, nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, and cinnamon. When granola is cooled completely add your dried fruit, and enjoy. I’d go anywhere, anyplace, and any time. However, many store-bought varieties are high in fat and sugar. Required fields are marked *. . We’ll add this to the already LONG LIST of recipes from Ali that become our staples (google now regularly suggests “Gimme Some Oven” to complete my food-related searches because she is my go-to for recipes)! It also has great protein and healthy fats from the nuts. This post may contain affiliate links. Combine oats, almonds, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.

Bake for 25 minutes, removing halfway through to give it a mix. The cereal itself is healthy and flavorful, yet there are so many ways to dress it up and create new flavors every day. (You want to remove them when they become a light brown/golden color. If you want to make it less sweet, you can cut the sugar. what is the nutritional value of this granola without fruit or anything else.

This healthy granola is made with rolled oats, peanut butter, maple syrup and baked until crispy and crunchy!

We’re constantly whipping up various kinds of granola (or granola bars) to keep on hand for easy breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and — let’s be real — our fair share of lazy weeknight dinners cozied up on the couch with a bowl and a side of Netflix. They will crisp up after they are completely cooled.). Partly because it’s perfectly crunchy, and easy to customize with whatever ingredients you love most. I think I’m going to make it for my grandson. Dump granola onto prepared baking tray and flatten into an even layer. It’s quick and easy to make, naturally sweetened with (just a little) maple syrup, and always so flavorful and delicious. Just this summer we visited Vancouver Canada, Hoonah Alaska, Juneau Alaska, Skagway Alaska, Whittier Alaska, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, Niagra Falls Canada, St. Catharine’s Canada, and Washington DC! This delicious homemade granola cereal is so easy to make and perfect for make ahead breakfasts and snacks. I just made this with the ingredients I had on hand (I used pepitas I place of the almonds, hemp seeds instead of chia seeds and shredded coconut) , but otherwise followed the recipe exactly and this is SO delicious!

Because I’m telling you, this one is a total keeper. Crispy, crunchy. Copying and/or pasting full recipes and pictures to social media or personal blogs is strictly prohibited. You can find her content featured on MSN, Huffington Post, News 6, BuzzFeed, and more! This recipe is an enlightenment. Love MegaBus. Literally, go to your pantry and throw in all the dried fruits, nuts, seeds, coconut, and even chocolate- The possibilities are endless! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I’d probably go somewhere west… CA? As I’m sure you’ve noticed by now, our little household has a borderline out-of-control granola obsession. Place the granola on to a baking tray in an even layer and bake. I’ve never made homemade granola, I am missing out. Hope you give it a try! Hi April……this looks so good. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. I would go from NyC to Washington. What a great recipe. Do you think it would still do okay without the coconut? We just freaking love granola. At least now, I know what is in my granola. I didn’t have sunflower seeds so I replaced with sesame seeds. And all the better with some seriously tasty food to bring us all together. Any kinds of nuts, seeds, or coconut flakes can be substituted for the slivered almonds and sunflower seeds in this granola cereal recipe. A cup and a half of oats gives you almost 6 grams of soluble fiber, which can help lower high cholesterol levels. I made a mini batch this morning as can’t seem to find any good granola after moving to Czech. After a bunch of research, I found a number of homemade granola cereal recipes and began to try them. Alright, time to pin, print, save, tag, or bookmark this recipe however in the world you prefer.

Love this recipe! I will definitely make this again.