5-6 cloves garlic crushed into a paste(used for the marinade and cooking), 3 tablespoons of ginger paste(used for the marinade and cooking), 6 cardamom pods crushed(used for marinade and cooking), 8 of your favorite chicken parts(this can be a mix of drumsticks, breast, or thighs), 1/4 cup oil( you might need less so use as needed), 1 teaspoon tamarind paste(if using pulp with seeds-soak 1 tablespoon of tamarind with seed in 1/4 cup warm water for 10 minutes, remove seed and use the juice).

Required fields are marked *. Please don’t forget to like and comment if you enjoyed this post.

All I ask is that you do not save it on any apps, recipe boxes or online groups which will affect me as a food blogger and the growth of this blog. Indian chicken curry cooked in tomato and yogurt. A word of advice, if you are using frozen chicken, make sure that the chicken is completely defrosted before marinating it. All images and text on this website are protected by copyright. Stir constantly and let the gravy reduce by half. When you are making an Indian black pepper chicken masala curry, you’ll notice it’s all about adding layers and building a pepper curry flavor profile. I used 3 green chillies but left them whole and just made small cuts in the sides so they didn’t burst when cooking.

You can manage additional layers of account protection via your account information settings.

Discard any remaining marinade.

This site has been monetized with affiliate links. Once the chicken parts have marinated for 1-2 hours, leave it out for 20 minutes or until they reach room temperature. In the same oil, fry the onion till translucent. or is this recipe suitable for 1kg of chicken. Naturally Grown Curry Leaves Whole Air Dried 0.7 oz these figures should only be considered as estimates. And the curry is so scrumptious I want to make it with everything. Just plain chicken with spice and I had added the additional ingredients like you had. Place chicken in large resealable bag.

hope you try a few more recipes on the blog. I figured there wasn’t proper ratio balance when I did it. lol. 1 teaspoon mustard seed “Without a doubt, the nicest chicken curry I have made yet! Not sure if this reply will come out of order but I don’t see a reply option to the last post. Additional Time The simple srilankan life through family, food and lessons learned along the way.. Black Pepper chicken marinated in Yoghurt-spice. Thank you for writing back with the results. Organic Turmeric Powder - 1LB Jar - 100% Raw w/Curcumin From India - by Jiva Organics I will have to try again but if you have suggestions on what to try next time let me know. Each recipe on this blog has been written with great care and love to the best of my ability with you in mind.

This bowl should also be able to fit into the refrigerator. You will need a large pan that can hold the chicken parts as well have space to constantly stir. But the final result turned out to be little reddish in color. The curry leaves are added with the onions, no you didn’t miss anything, totally on me, I have edited the recipe to include curry leaves.

salt to season I am wondering, if I wanted to use vegetables instead of chicken, would the process be the same do you think?

Absolutely loved the black pepper n yogurt chicken curry…. *Absolutely loved the black pepper n yogurt chicken curry… I tried it out yesterday. Hi David, thank you for trying the recipe and glad you liked it. Instructions

thank you. 5-6 cloves garlic crushed into a paste(used for the marinade and cooking) While the chicken browns pour tamarind juice(1 tsp) over the remaining marinade in the bowl and mix. Once the oil heats, add curry leaves, Onions, ginger-garlic(2 tablespoons), green chillies, cinnamon, the leftover cardamom pods and sauté for 2-3 minutes until all the ingredients turn soft. Now that you know the foundation of a slow-cooked, delicious Pepper chicken masala recipe, why not cook the dish for the family? It’s your way to save recipes and spices, get inspired — and receive special offers and discounts. Laxmi Traditional Indian Ginger Garlic Cooking Paste - 24oz This is such a great recipe. 1 sprig of curry leaves how did the recipe turn out for you? A popular south Indian pepper chicken masala curry with a deep satisfying gravy so thick, a second serve is a must.

appreciate it.

J.

5-7 minutes. Haven’t even add the red chilli powder or any color to it. Please make sure to read the recipe instructions carefully to avoid mistakes. Add the reserved yogurt marinade and cook for couple of minutes. I have edited it now. Simple and Easy to make, you will wiping off the plate from this chicken curry. Thankyou, Hi Malavika,

Heat oil and fry the chicken pieces till golden brown. check for seasoning. An hour or two before you begin cooking, start with the yogurt chicken marinade. If you notice in the step by step pictures, the curry is still pretty white. Season with salt as needed but use it sparingly as you will be adding Tamarind, later in the cooking process.Place chicken parts in the marinade, rub it over the chicken thoroughly. What this means is that I will receive a small percentage of any sales made through them. Pls always state the method clearly. Oops, my bad. Only difference I made was add tomatoes instead of tamarind. Have all the ingredients ready, this would help you save time. Tried it out yesterday.

The marinade will not be absorbed if the chicken parts are frozen or still cold. I like using a wok to make most of my curries and one-pot meals for the family. Low fat, high in protein and full of flavour with hits of garlic, ginger, lemon and your favourite curry …

All Rights Reserved.

I just felt the need to thank you. Prep Time only PLEASE do the recipe instructions and tips mentioned in it, including comments. regards,

But I am so glad you enjoyed it’s taste, Your email address will not be published.

","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"jehan yusoof"},"datePublished":"2018-11-07","recipeYield":4,"description":"Black Pepper chicken marinated in Yoghurt-spice.\n\nA popular south Indian pepper chicken masala curry with a deep satisfying gravy so thick, a second serve is a must.

{"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"Black Pepper chicken marinated in Yoghurt-spice. I believe this is one kitchen item every kitchen should have.

You can simply stir-fry it, cook it in the microwave, or do whatever you want. However while cleaning the non veg I add the turmeric powder to remove the raw smell from it.

Thanks for the feedback, Celia.

While the chicken reaches room temperature, place a large pan over medium heat, pour in the oil and leave it to heat for a minute or 2. yogurt marinated chicken curry. It actually turned out well but it didn’t look like the picture.

1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder

While you are making the pepper chicken curry, why not learn how to cut a whole chicken for grilling, baking and for curries as well. Mine also did not turn out like what is pictured!! ","image":["https:\/\/www.islandsmile.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2017\/10\/black-pepper-chicken-with-youghurt-islandsmile.org-2774-720x720.jpg","https:\/\/www.islandsmile.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2017\/10\/black-pepper-chicken-with-youghurt-islandsmile.org-2774-720x540.jpg","https:\/\/www.islandsmile.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2017\/10\/black-pepper-chicken-with-youghurt-islandsmile.org-2774-720x405.jpg","https:\/\/www.islandsmile.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2017\/10\/black-pepper-chicken-with-youghurt-islandsmile.org-2774-735x980.jpg"],"recipeCategory":"chicken","recipeCuisine":"Indian","prepTime":"PT20M","cookTime":"PT1H","performTime":"PT1H30M","totalTime":"PT1H50M","recipeIngredient":["1\/2 cup plain yoghurt","2 teaspoons of Black peppercorns crushed","salt to season","1\/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder","5-6 cloves garlic crushed into a paste(used for the marinade and cooking)","3 tablespoons of ginger paste(used for the marinade and cooking)","6 cardamom pods crushed(used for marinade and cooking)","3 green chillies ","a piece of Cinnamon(1-2 inch)","8 of your favorite chicken parts(this can be a mix of drumsticks, breast, or thighs)","1\/4 cup oil( you might need less so use as needed)","1 teaspoon mustard seed","2 medium-sized Onions finely sliced","1 sprig of curry leaves","1 teaspoon tamarind paste(if using pulp with seeds-soak 1 tablespoon of tamarind with seed in 1\/4 cup warm water for 10 minutes, remove seed and use the juice)","1\/2 cup coconut milk"],"recipeInstructions":"While you are making the pepper chicken curry, why not learn how to cut a whole chicken for grilling, baking and for curries as well.\n\n \n\nAn hour or two before you begin cooking, start with the yogurt chicken marinade.Have all the ingredients ready, this would help you save time. \n\nA word of advice, if you are using frozen chicken, make sure that the chicken is completely defrosted before marinating it.\n\n \n\nThe marinade will not be absorbed if the chicken parts are frozen or still cold.\n\n \n\nMARINADE FOR THECHICKEN PEPPERMASALA. \n\nChoose a pan that can hold all the chicken parts without crowding.\n\n \n\nThis bowl should also be able to fit into the refrigerator.\n\n \n\nInto this bowl, add Yoghurt(1\/2cup), crushed peppercorns(1 tsp), salt, turmeric powder(1\/2 tsp), 1 teaspoon of garlic and ginger paste, 3 cardamoms.\n\n \n\nMix all the ingredients with a spoon.\n\n \n\nSeason with salt as needed but use it sparingly as you will be adding Tamarind, later in the cooking process.\n\nPlace chicken parts in the marinade, rub it over the chicken thoroughly.\n\n \n\nCover with cling film and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, you can also keep the marinated chicken overnight.\n\n \n\nHOW TO PREPARE\/COOKTHE PEPPER CHICKENMASALA CURRY. \n\nOnce the chicken parts have marinated for 1-2 hours, leave it out for 20 minutes or until they reach room temperature.\n\n \n\nWhile the chicken reaches room temperature, place a large pan over medium heat, pour in the oil and leave it to heat for a minute or 2.\n\n \n\nOnce the oil heats, add curry leaves, Onions, ginger-garlic(2 tablespoons), green chillies, cinnamon, the leftover cardamom pods and sauté for 2-3 minutes until all the ingredients turn soft.