@Phrancis but the accepted answer is for the edited question and not the current one. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience. You can use auto to reduce a few variable definitions: At the same time, you can use for each loops: You should only use i and j for small loops, not anything more. Lemme know what you guys think, keeping in mind that I plan to implement .

C++: Mastermind game two players. You should write functions that return a new value, instead of modifying a value passed as a parameter. Viewed 477 times 5 \$\begingroup\$ I have made an attempt to write the Mastermind game, to improve my basics in C++. It can also ignore the inline keyword, as it might deem the function unsuitable for inlining. Some compilers will happily compile your code even if you are missing some #includes, but that is not standard behavior. 11, 2013 X GitHub is home to over 50 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together. Why do these angles look weird in my logo? You have 3 warnings that can easily be fixed: std::size_t is required to be able to store the maximum size of any type.

Game in Action. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. Learn more. I love the UI! Congratulations! Or why I can't specify 5 guesses?

As a project to solidify my (newly-acquired) web development skills, and not finding available options, I decided to implement a multiplayer version of Mastermind online.

But, there are a few (major) things that you can do better.

Players need collect chips and spend them on building decks. This is called object slicing. I have made an attempt to write the Mastermind game, to improve my basics in C++. Try patterns and use the useful clues that the evil Mastermind will give you to solve the puzzle. You could easily replace those "constants" with actual variables: Always declare variables in the smallest scope possible, and never ever declare every variable used in a function at the top of it. Also, coloring the terminal is not supported for every terminal, so you might want to disable colors if the terminal doesn't support it. Thanks for pointing out my error. Find documentation and support to get you started. Get your games in front of thousands of users while monetizing through ads and virtual goods. Also the number of games is even so that both the players get to make and break the code same number of times. You might want to note that terminal-specific escape codes also come into the category of "platform-dependent code". window resizing/mobile gameplay. You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. In every loop that you have, you have var != end or similar constructs. That way, someone using that function will know that the passed container will not be modified. Because the clear command on Windows is called cls, and not clear. Always use better names if you can. This is completely optional, but I would prefer this printCode implementation: Thanks for contributing an answer to Code Review Stack Exchange! Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. What circumstances could lead to city layout based on hexagons? I would like my code reviewed, emphasising on design, readability and structure of the program. ​ //]]>, t Published I would like my code reviewed, emphasising on design, readability and structure of the program. How do open-source projects prevent disclosing a bug while fixing it? window resizing/mobile gameplay.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. I built an online multiplayer Mastermind game to play with friends! Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. If you accidentally increment var past end, the loop will continue running. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Can someone re-license my project under a different license. The secret code is stored as a string of 4 character/PEGS and input is taken as: RRGY for red red green yellow. Why are "south" and "southern" pronounced with different vowels? Keep exploring Kongregate with more badges and games!

One of the players makes up a secret code, and the other has to guess it. Register or sign in to start receiving activity updates from around Kongregate!

Spendee is an online game which was inspired by the game mechanics of Splendor. Each time the guesser guesses a code, the first player gives them a clue how well they did. Why?

Mystery game from 2000s set on an island with a bell.

It only takes a minute to sign up.

Have fun! with gameplays, Get more out of your Kongregate experience.

I apologize for not noticing that, I have undone the rollback. Hide the progress bar forever? Code Review Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for peer programmer code reviews. Is there any practical reason why I can't play 1 or 3 games? MathJax reference. Your use of Kongregate’s Services is subject to our revised Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy and User Agreement.

What crimes have been committed or attempted in space? What situation would prompt the world to dump the use of Atomic and Nuclear Explosives entirely? Why does the number of games have to be even? Exercise your brain with the popular puzzle game with the colored pins, Mastermind, brought to you by Silvergames.com. active_user.addCapturedSelector('#below_game_play_later_block', true); Learn more, We use analytics cookies to understand how you use our websites so we can make them better, e.g. @TobySpeight That's true, although Curses is also platform dependent :) Thanks though. Same for the number of guesses? Use MathJax to format equations. Work out the secret color sequence using just 10 moves. You can omit return 0; in main, as the compiler automatically "adds" it. You’ve completed your Kartridge quest! g Learn more. Showoff Saturday. they're used to log you in. We use optional third-party analytics cookies to understand how you use GitHub.com so we can build better products. You can read more here. [CDATA[ You don't know what terminal (or emulator) your users will have, so get those values from elsewhere. Lemme know what you guys think, keeping in mind that I plan to implement . Either you didn't paste them here (you should always post the whole code BTW), or you haven't included them. Why are so many coders still using Vim and Emacs? they're used to gather information about the pages you visit and how many clicks you need to accomplish a task. Was AGP only ever used for graphics cards?

15%. What aspects of image preparation workflows can lead to accidents like Boris Johnson's No.

Kongregate free online game Mastermind.li - Mastermind is a free online multiplayer strategy game. Use const whenever possible, as stated previously above.

I want to know if this is a bug or I made a mistake that I don’t know about. To avoid confusion, we need to emphasize that this game has no association with Splendor.