Solder your Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receiver to fix it when Device Manager stops recognizing it.

Thanks you for your page and download mirror. I had Strategic Engine working in Win 7, but something in Windows 10 broke it (inputs were delayed nearly a second). First, thank you so much for not only taking the time to make this driver, but for also sharing it with the rest of us as well. Making your fire spinner look good (or ugly), Easiest way I’ve found to learn to shoot fire, Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander in Windows 7 64-bit. I also stumbled upon a forum post where apparently the source of the MS driver is avalaible. Kudos and positive karma coming your way! when I started looking I was expecting to be looking for hours. The most important thing was finding some freeware called “Strategic Engine 1.3” made by Philip Merwarth. is there a way to use it in photoshop, CAD, 3D Max, Cinema 4D? Due Pc con due strategic commander installati ora ringraziano! It was handy for strategy games like Age of Empires - allowing for easy left hand to control of scrolling, panning, zooming and using a variety of programmable hotkeys. I used to have loads of Photoshop macros and such loaded into it. Try running my program in Administrator mode to fix the error? (Unlock this solution with a 7-day Free Trial), https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/24941332/SideWinder-Strategic-Commander-on-Windows-7-64bit.html, http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/683010.htm. © 2020 DOWNLOAD.COM, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Step by step Instructions: Step 1: If your machine doesn't recognise the Strategic Commander, install Microsoft SideWinder Strategic Commander. Thank you from France… preliminary trials on going (with french keyboard !) 7. Bitdefender blocking it may be based on either of two things: possibility one is that either my site and/or that file’s been compromised (in which case you’d be the first person reporting it). Download.com has removed the direct-download link and offers this page for informational purposes only. Thank you so much I have fond memories of this fantastic controller from FPS gaming but wanted to use it as an alternative controller when working in Photohsop but Microsoft obviously stopped supporting it on Windows 7 64 bit(amongst others). My son is really hoping to use the Strategic Commander he found while rooting around my computer “burial ground”. But this driver brings it to live, so thank you Philip Merwarth and also thank you Nicolas Winocur, for providing this nice peace of software. After more then 10 years in cargo boxes, i pulled out all my sidewinder controller (sensor gamepad, dual strike, joystick, wheel) and of course the scomannder. May have to create a key mapping profile for each program yourself, but I see no reason why it wouldn’t work for all of the programs you listed.

Thank you for your time. I’ve changed the button configuration within the SC engine to match my keyboard bindings, but am still having issues.

Yes, I know that you are only posting information, and a link to Mr. Philip Merwarth’s work, but I hope he will see this, and know people appreciate his work. Anyone have any ideas ? Its user interface is more minimalist than Microsoft’s original one, but it looks like all the same functionality’s there–even timing-based scripting accurate to 10ms and getting the buttons to light up. Microsoft SideWinder Strategic Commander HID Drivers. This one is even cross-platform and runs on Linux and Mac as well. If it’s any reassurance, you should be able to completely block it in your OS or bitdefender firewall settings with no ill side-effects.

Thank you from Canada, installed and works !!! excellent work! driver (HID complaint device / USB device) included in Strategic Engine 1.3 by Philip Merwarth. Sad Face. https://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/20734-m-sidewinder-strategic-commander-source-code.html? Tons of Thanks, as an old gamer i thought i could never use this gear again. The UI flickers but other than that it’s fine. most Excellent dude. Your email address will not be published. Possibility two is that on a global scale, it’s an uncommonly-downloaded-and-used-enough file that bitdefender’s database doesn’t recognize it, and is acting on the safe side; this has become relatively common in antivirus software and I generally like it on principle, but it gets the occasional false positive. Gain unlimited access to on-demand training courses with an Experts Exchange subscription. After years of lying in a dark cupboard, I decided yesterday to throw the SC away finally. I have written a small program that allows the Strategic Commander to be used in as a DirectInput joystick on Windows. In addition to you, for making this a bit easier to find. Shattered Horizon was free on Steam the weekend I originally wrote this article, https://github.com/ComicSansMS/libstratcom, https://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/20734-m-sidewinder-strategic-commander-source-code.html, Custom drawstring bags for Eclipse player races. Best of luck and do let us all know what happens with it. It also works on Windows 10 64 bit ! While I can’t guarantee that an upgrade to Windows 10 will fix all problems, I will say that both I and everyone I’ve spoken to have been pleased by the improvements Windows 10 made over 8.1. I did not do anything special with the installer, just ran it as it was. I get no response for controls inside the game when using the device. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. THANKYOU. thank you veeeeeeery much for providing this article and download mirror because I had been searching for long (an eternity) where to download this piece of software ! It took 10 mins. TKS!!! 107 Comments on Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander in Windows 7 64-bit Because Shattered Horizon was free on Steam the weekend I originally wrote this article and its movement system in zero-gravity space is more full-3D than most FPS games, I wanted to bust out the old Microsoft Strategic Commander.