“I am proud to say that your genealogy has been the sole tutorial for my Asian-inspired culinary adventures for years; probably since you began. Looking for more authentic recipes? Enter your name and email below to download instantly. London Fog, an Earl Grey-based drink. From there, there’s the pesky question of tea ratios. Yes, and that form is the green tea powder called as Matcha Tea, which is the purest form of green tea and can be blended with variety of forms of milk, be it coconut milk, soy, full-fat dairy, or even almond milk, to give you the most fascinating form of latte with sweeteners added as well. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Lol, Hi! I'm a certified Tea Sommelier and a self-proclaimed iced tea master. Your tea should be very dark! Thanks for the recipe and method to get HK milk tea. I’m from South Africa, home of Rooibos Tea, think it should be interesting to add a bit of that to the blend. Green tea in particular has always been seen as something where the inclusion of milk would diminish its healthful effects.

It was delicious, and brought me right back to Hong Kong. Its delicate color hinting at a lovely golden color with dull infusion of sap green makes it a delicacy for many. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Notoriously unable to follow a recipe (usually preferring to freestyle it), Kaitlin's the family artist, knitter, master of all things chili oil/condiments, and trailblazer of creative recipes with familiar flavors. Just a note about using/adding Earl Grey – I believe the Bergamot in Earl Grey will alter teh taste of your tea. Unsubscribe any time.

Interesting to hear that detail about how it’s defined in Seattle though!

Adding sugar and milk to tea especially green tea does make it calorie dense. First there’s the tea blend: many purveyors of great Hong Kong Milk Tea closely guard the blend of teas they use, but it’s always a blend! Excellent. If you want it even stronger (or use fewer teabags), I use Twining’s 1706 English “Strong” breakfast teabags. The better the quality of matcha, the brighter the green it will be. Here’s a quick overview of the steps to make matcha milk tea.

Shake. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.

Though tread carefully––at 2 AM that night, I was still lying awake, hopped up on 4 cups of tea! Nick’s comment is not accurate–he may be ordering incorrectly. From my trials, it seems English Breakfast or Irish Breakfast (which is stronger) works for me. so if you dont want such a kick it might be good to blend it in. Stock your refrigerator this summer with this green drink to make matcha frappuccinos and iced lattes. I’ve been craving for some Hong Kong milk tea ever since the airports are shut down. Usually made with black tea but any type of tea can be used. This recipe is made extra delicious with vanilla extract, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt. By the end of my day of tea brewing, I finally had the perfect cup of Hong Kong Milk Tea with a homemade Portuguese egg tart (another experiment that took some painstaking trial and error from my dad) at around 5pm. I like this brand because it’s cheaper than other brands I’ve tried but still tastes great.

Made with oat milk, this matcha milk recipe is sweet, creamy, and completely delicious. It is an exceptionally strong powdered tea that is used in the Indian community to make chai. As with most conventions, the usual way of drinking green tea is without milk. Ahh, I had a few good Hong Kong Tea’s when i was there 4 years ago, miss it, will go back when life is normal again. 1 oz of green tea 1 tsp sweetened condensed milk 1 tsp evaporated milk And a 4.5 oz cup Factors such as brands purchased, natural variations in fresh ingredients, etc. You are probably ordering it incorrectly.

Fused together, makes the very delicious jasmine tea.

Hi Cheslie, we know how you feel!

Smooth, sweet, and creamy, just as milk tea should taste. Kaitlin is the younger daughter/sister in The Woks of Life family. This is optional to make sure you get every last bit of tea fanning out of your drink. Combine water and matcha in an airtight container. I used a Ceylon Orange Pekoe that we had in the pantry. So when in, Ceylon is the undisputed common thread across Hong Kong Milk Tea recipes.

Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.

Subscribe to our email list and be sure to follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube! I am confused little bit about the type of tea – 1 bag of ceylong tea + 1 bag of earl grey + 1 bag of orange peoke? RELATED: 18 Delicious Matcha Recipes You’ll Love. I spent a lot of time on this recipe, watching videos online and thinking back to the many cups of Hong Kong Milk Tea I enjoyed on our short trip there. To maximize your tea, you can get another small pot of tea out of the first batch of tea after you’ve boiled it. Any inclusion of sugar, milk, or even honey completely cancels the presence of polyphenols in the green tea, causing more chances of ill effects on intestinal mucosa and tooth decay apart froms luggish metabolism.

Prep Time.

I’m using these completely adorable milk bottles with leakproof silicone lids. From there, pour the tea through a fine-meshed strainer that has a clean pair of stockings tied around it.

the crushed remnants from the production of the more expensive loose leaf tea. I’m using a small water bottle with a wide opening. Adding a little zing with the help of a slice of lime will aid in better absorption of its healthy benefits and also aid digestion and metabolism.

1. Matcha milk is matcha green tea with milk. https://www.tastythais.com/thai-matcha-green-tea-iced-latte-recipe I did a lot of tearing open of tea bags, and here are a couple of helpful tips for formulating the right Hong Kong Milk Tea blend: It’s surprising just how much tea you need to make an authentic cup of Hong Kong Milk tea, as it is traditionally so strong. 2. Use filtered water if possible. Myth or Fact, Is Green Tea Effective for Acne Treatment, The Long-term Benefits of Green Tea for Weight Loss, Copy and paste this code to display the image on your site. Shake it vigorously to make sure the water and matcha get mixed well. A study in Germany in 2006 concluded however that if milk is added to tea, it does reduce its positive impact on reducing coronary challenges. Portion out the tea––one serving is a little over 1 cup. Soy milk could be added as well for the same effect as dairy, and since it contains lecithin which has a different molecular structure from casein,it will thus not impair the positive effects on the antioxidant-rich green tea. Various online calculators also provide different results, depending on their sources. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.