Can i use my cast iron Dutch oven? I think there is a typo under SODIUM.

This hearty muesli bread is begging to be slathered with some butter and enjoyed warm! Thanks for the recipe.

Could you use all whole wheat flour, you think? I whipped up some Dairy-free butter with honey and cinnamon to serve and omg, such a hit! We have had a lot of sourdough the last two months, and I have to say this loaf was my favorite. I had some Paleonola Granola (just nuts, seeds, dried fruit – no oats) which was a little too heavy on walnuts for my taste to eat as a snack, so I just added 3/4c of that rather than the individual add-ins. When I think of homemade bread, I think of lazy Sunday mornings spent covered in flour with messy hair and no intention of showering. If so what would the baking time be?

I’ve become addicted to the itty bitty piece of muesli bread that comes inside a protein pack i get @ Starbucks and although it’s cold and quick it satisfies me so much I had to look up a recipe and found you:) thanx and Ill be sure to K. i. t to keep everyone informed of RESULTS LOL:). didn't have much.

Fantastic recipe.

For more freshly baked breads check out this sweet potato raisin bread or this roasted peach cinnamon swirl bread (<–a great summer one!). Could you use anything else than fast-acting yeast? Do you think that I could make this bread into rolls?

Thanks for this recipe, and for the typos that prove you’re human *and* a great cook!

some of the called

I’m new to baking bread, and confused about the 2 hour proofing in the fridge. If so, please share your advice.

I really love your recipies and your blog. Has anyone made this with almond flour?

We haven’t tried it though. Hello! I apologize sincerely in advance for writing in all caps, but this post warrants it, in my opinion. Love it and so does the family.

I love love musli and the rustic look of this loaf make me rush in the kitchen and bake it. This bread was delicious, the more so because it was simple enough for a beginner bread baker to manage with success.

What/ how would you suggest I adjust baking temp or time?

My roommate, by the way, also made your banana bread bites and vegan doughnuts. But then life kicked in, we went to Florida for a week, schedules got hectic and here we are a month or so later and I still haven’t done it. My changes, I added a mix of dry fruit of my choice, sunflower seeds and pistachios equaling almost 1 cup instead of the almonds, raisins and don’t remember what else.

It’s incredibly easy. Slather your slice with butter and honey and you have a near-perfect breakfast in tow. To be honest, I’m not sure it’s in the cards. If you let it rise at room temperature for two hours, then in the fridge for two hours, it “proofs” longer.

Every Sunday morning before church, John and I would invite friends to meet us at Heart for coffee and a chat. Perfect loaf, toasted and buttered with homemade chia jam for my daughter. I made it for my husband as I can’t consume gluten, and he said it is very good. Thanks for the feedback, Neelofer! Overall, an easy recipe with a great outcome, can’t wait to bake it again! The only thing that would make it better would be 3/4 brown sugar for sweetness! Even though you were snarky in your comment, I do appreciate it when people catch errors. Hi Julie, we think it would work to skip the counter rise and just do an overnight rise in the fridge.

I linked here from a FB minimizing kitchen gadgets post. I often have problems with making a yeast dough, but this bread is so easy.

I have just started and did a couple of minutes kneading before leaving it to rise…. My husband and I agree, next time I will add a touch of honey for a little sweetness.

You can find metric measurements for this recipe by clicking “metric” beneath the ingredient header. Use ctrl+f or ⌘+f on your computer or the "find on page" function on your phone browser to search existing comments! Thanks for the recipe ? My husband loves it and he said he would never buy bread from store again. of almond flour, I also used all whole wheat flour instead of a mix, since it was all that I had. might not use again. Reshape into a loaf and place on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Have you tried to make this using a sourdough starter instead of yeast?

Love it!

Thank you for sharing :).

It’s our staple.

recipe, but I have Pour the batter into the loaf pan.

I always thought that dough would rise faster at room temperature. A simple, 7 Ingredient muesli bread studded with pumpkin seeds, almonds and raisins.

I’ll definitely be making this bread again. Wonderful! I understand the concern, but somehow it works! Thank you for heading me in the right direction.

I followed this recipe except I did not add the almonds (not a fan of almonds) and it worked perfectly. Thanks for sharing your opinion here. Why do you need to put in 1 cup of water into the oven? This needs a little sugar!

There’s really nothing quite as intoxicatingly delicious smelling as freshly baked bread coming out of the oven and when you add a hearty muesli, like Bob’s Red Mill old country style muesli to said bread, the result is something out of this world addictive. I can’t eat gluten but it looked so good I decided to make it for friends anyway.

Hi Callie, sorry to hear it didn’t turn out as expected! same except only

** We’ll take a look and see if we can make the instructions more clear.

I would like to try this as I loved the Starbucks bread, but whenever I ate it, my lips slightly tingled and burned.

Any harm in skipping it?

This bread looks amazing!! I made this recipe with only a few changes.

Next time i will try one with fennel seeds and golden raisins. I’ve made this bread so many times now and it’s so good and super easy!

Hi!

This is the loveliest bread! Anything else can be fixed. Quick question, I am wanting to make either rolls or smaller with this recipe. This is an easy to follow recipe. I, however, prefer the former. It creates steam that keeps the bread moist for the first part of the bake and moist bread rises a lot better.

Delicious fresh hot from the oven or toasted the next day. Skipped the whole wheat flour as we didn’t have any and just added more white bread flour. This loaf is a rustic style, but you could easily split into two small loaf pans to pull off a more formal shape. Accompanied by an egg and a cup of good coffee, a simple weekend meal doesn’t get much better.

:), Frida! Wonder if I can substitute almond flour in place is regular flour and make this in my bread machine.

” Sometimes no one showed up but just us”. Hi Al, It slightly throttles the rise, making the overall rise time slightly longer, which allows the flavors of the bread to develop more!

Thanks!

One which involved store bought yeast for this muesli bread. In a large bowl, combine the water, flour, salt, sugar and yeast and mix until combined.

I would like to bake it a ASAP! I had to read the recipe multiple time, including my partner, to finally understand it was to go in on parchment-lined baking stone or lightly greased baking sheet.

We LOVE that you also love Heart Roasters!

Copyright © 2009 by Elana Amsterdam; photographs copyright © 2009 by Annabelle Breakey. Expect it to bubble and steam; then close oven door quickly.

And, you are welcome for the info on the baking stone! Do I place the stone in the oven to heat then place the bread on after the rise?

I was wondering if subbing the flours for something like psyllium husk, tiger nut flour, almond flour, etc.

Expect it to bubble and steam; then close oven door quickly’. change it quite a

no where does it Cover and let rise in … If not, can it be replaced by all-purpose flour then? I made this bread, and it is delicious. I’ll give the photos five stars though I’ve yet to taste the finished product!!! I have a question regarding the nutritional facts. I just made it and it was delicious!

Your thoughts are appreciated…as are your recipes, thank you!

This bread looks so good!

Thanks Dana for the recipe and everyone else for your tips and comments!

Thanks for sharing, Angie!

Thanks. Thanks. However, I’ve found with whole grain, heartier flours the bread will end up being more dense and not taste as good.

Perfect and so addicting!

Husband said, “Woah, that looks like you bought it at some fancy artisan bakery or something”.

Hi, I’m Sonia, italian foodblogger sorry for my bad english, I want tell you that I have included the link of this recipe (which I liked very much) in the section on my blog dedicated to “10 ways to make” (“10 Modi di fare”) aromatic bread. It’s sitting now, so I don’t know how it will taste… Any suggestions?

In my head the response was “haha, thanks, babe, I’ll just add that to my daily to-do list, no prob” but truthfully, I was interested too.