I just applied the latest firmware as suggested and it had little effect. This item NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 Smart WiFi Router (R8000) - AC3200 Tri-band Wireless Speed (up to 3200 Mbps) | Up to 3500 sq ft Coverage & 50 Devices | 4 x 1G Ethernet and 2 USB ports | Armor Security TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router for Home, Works with Alexa, VPN Server, Parental Control and QoS Smart Connect allows you to … James GL ...I thankyou for ur response and will look into that, for my own education. After I disabled the QoS and followed your instructrions, the speed did increase. NEW: Use the Nighthawk App to quickly setup the extender, check WiFi settings, view a list of devices connected to the extender and more. Wireless is hard because so many different things impact its speed. They came out and spent two hours here testing everything. would like to get speed back, as devices are NOToperating well at 10. That router got the update to netgear armor. I allowed remote take over, by the tech and he fixed the problem, in no time (I suspected it was nothing more that settings, or such, but didn't know which). I don't have any QoS or Upnp enabled. Whatever else he did....HE DID A FINE JOB. I'd enable QoS again and run the Speed test on  the QoS page again. Speed Test using Ookla is 480-500Mbps from the same iPhone X. No issues there. And none of the other features you mentioned are enabled either, though I do still have the Netgear Armor enabled. Some did need to downgrade but not as many as you'd think from the forums. Should you want to, Comcast has a web site where they list the compatable modems. The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Router, with breakthrough Tri-Band WiFi 5 delivers multiple bands for homes with many WiFi devices. I allowed remote take over, by the tech and he fixed the problem, in no time (I suspected it was nothing more that settings, or such, but didn't know which). When we connected directly to model, download speed consistent with 960Mbs. I will now enable the 1st 5Ghz radio and continue testing. TWC did their checks on modem, and all OK. After the upgrade, I am getting the same WiFi speeds as before. Speed test from hardwired devices alway hit 940Mbps up and down. When we connected directly to model, download speed consistent with 960Mbs.

Will finalize everyting in one summary post. Web site takes you through the setup. If I hook direct (ethernet) to modem, speed goes back up. Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router, Re: Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6- SLOW speed. Things were not well for me.

I returned the Netgear modem (since that wasn't the issue) and am using the Comcast modem.When I log into the Netgear admin, the Attached Devices tab shows the speed as 90.44 Download and 12.07 Upload.The firmware version is V1.0.2.16_10.0.32I have replaced all of the cables.I have gone through all of the testing, resetting, etc. I have not had the WiFi degredation explained in my ealier posts. Description. WMM off. Very happy w the performance. Hardwired connections always use the full BW. If u have slow speed, all of a sudden, make sure the updates "worked" and possibly call Support for further adjustment. The device only says "Xfinity" on the top and I don't see any model number. I can peak around that 70-80 but thats about it. SIGNIFICANT loss.

Having Comcast 250/20 I am surprised that you are only getting 220 as they typically over provision so that during peak hours you come close to what you are paying for, which it appears you are not unless this was done in the evening. Is that really what's needed here? Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Via Ethernet to the router is 450mpbs. So, question. Pretty terrible considering how much these cost. My speed, throught the upddates, and any adjustments, are back up to speed, and then some, I now get about 67mbps, more than ever. This is expected as the iPhone X wifi card does support MU-MIMO, but the max speed is AC. Firmware vs 1.0.3.32 rated as newest. If I hook direct (ethernet) to modem, speed goes back up. Bottom line... save time, call Tech Support, (that's what they are there for).