There is a bit more here as well— hints of piney juniper and coriander round the nose out. If you’re looking to spend ~$15 and get a contemporary-style gin, New Amsterdam Stratusphere Gin is recommended. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. Muddle until the flavor is released. Launched in 200… What, specifically, do you think is better than this for $15.00? Thanks to its somewhat of a “soft launch,” there seems to be a fair amount of confusion already regarding Stratusphere Gin. New Amsterdam is fine if you like Bees Knees cocktails, which I do. Like most highballs, the Soho cocktail is a rather light drink. New Amsterdam Gin’s appeal is in large part because it is almost a flavored-vodka like gin. Stratusphere Gin 3 oz. You’re currently using an outdated version of Internet Explorer, update your browser now for greater speed, security, and the best experience on this website. Now it is coming off like a vodka, and I realize I need to try other brands (Tanqueray is disgusting to me though).

Typically, mint cocktails (like. All Rights Reserved. It is a delightful drink, especially if you really enjoy exploring fresh herb cocktails. Instructions: Add ingredients into an ice-filled double old fashioned rocks glass, and Elevate the Gin and Juice cocktail with New Amsterdam Gin. © 2020 New Amsterdam Spirits Company, Modesto, CA.

2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. I’m not sure New Amsterdam Stratusphere Gin does enough on the basis of added strength alone to convert drinkers of Bluecoat, Beefeater or Plymouth. Enjoy the fresh taste of lemongrass, mint, and ginger in the Soho cocktail.

Why? * The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. Aromatically, it’s not too bad; however, there still seems to be notes of just straight up ethanol.

There’s a couple of big differences. I agree. Gallo rocks in both the wine and spirits world!!! It did not disappoint! After this bottle, I’ll try one of the other citrus-forwards you mentioned in the original NewAm review.

All trademarks, copyright and other forms of intellectual property are property of their respective owners. (One of two favorites, along with marguerita) You hardly need to add lemon juice. Five star? Lacking in juniper alone is not grounds for a bad review. In the sub $20 gin category, it is the most contemporary gin available.

New Amsterdam Stratusphere Gin is a new release from E. & J. Gallo Winery, makers of New Amsterdam Gin. Trademarks | Both of these are still two of the cleanest gins I’ve ever tasted, and I’m no expert by any stretch but I love a gin & tonic. I can barely taste it! Gordon’s is the best alternative if available imho. One hopes that this was only due to the either the plastic bottle or its top that I tried; however, sipped neat it kind of took away the orange finish. Strain into an ice-filled Collins glass and garnish with mint.

485: 100 calories, nutrition grade (N/A), problematic ingredients, and more. Flavor Profile.

Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.

Makes the perfect martini with just a rinse of Noilly Prat. Privacy Policy | Secondly, Stratusphere Gin is also bottled at a higher ABV in the bottle. By using The Spruce Eats, you accept our, Stick Drinks: Cocktails That Require a Muddler, 12 Fantastic Irish Whiskey Cocktail Recipes, Bartender's Guide to the Most Popular Bar Drinks. Far better than flavored vodka. New Amsterdam Stratusphere Gin is a new release from E. & J. Gallo Winery, makers of New Amsterdam Gin.. The palate is heavy on the citrus, just as their flagship gin was.

latest report on Consumer Taste Preferences in Gin. Thirsty for more? Elevate the Negroni cocktail with New Amsterdam Gin. You can also try it in New Amsterdam's collection of New York-inspired drinks, like the Central Park, Soho, or Union Square.

Gin New Amsterdam Gin is uniquely distilled with flavors of orange, lime, vanilla, and a hint of traditional juniper and anise. The original was a bit nasty. I noticed the change I enjoyed the year ago gin. : Calorie breakdown: 0% fat, 0% carbs, 0% protein. We cannot complete your request at this time. It certainly isn’t a London gin. But to everyone talking about all the “better options” in the price range…. © 2020 Albertsons Companies, Inc.  All rights reserved. New Amsterdam Gin is crafted with botanicals, citrus & a nod to juniper. This offer is invalid or not available any more. New Amsterdam serves my palate just fine.

There’s a couple of big differences. Tonic Garnish with Lime Wedge This refreshing drink is easy to mix up. Stratusphere doesn’t equate; I really liked the citrus notes and didn’t find it to taste fake or overwhelming. Thanks! Best Buy.

There are 64 calories in 1 serving (1 oz) of New Amsterdam Gin.

New Amsterdam Gin is really what it sounds like – a new American gin. Unfortunately, when you try something different, it falls way short. Delivery/Pickup is unavailable at this location. That being said, New Amsterdam Stratusphere Gin doesn’t lend itself as well in a  Dry Martini or Gin and Tonic with unflavored tonic. What did you do. It is not the same product as the original. The designation on this bottle suggests that Stratusphere Gin is distilled. Contact. Use Agreement | Uncap shaker and add club soda.

I am a convert now permanently to lower congener spirits. Thanks to its somewhat of a “soft launch,” there seems to be a fair amount of confusion already regarding Stratusphere Gin.

It’s appeal is in the fact that it targets a nearly completely different demographic than most other gins. New Add ingredients (except club soda) into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. But what is beauty/better except in your own eye? This gin becomes difficult to place in the market today. That said, I used to take shots of the original stuff and now I’m mixing this. But it seems very reasonable for the money. The couple drawbacks of the product while not serious concerns for casual gin and juice fans are deal breakers for those who sip their gin neat or prepare it simply in things like a Martini. We were unable to consolidate the items added to your cart today with those added during a previous visit. Inside you will find mint, lemongrass, and ginger paired with the botanicals of the gin. Extra star for price.

It’s drinkers are normally non-gin-drinkers. The Soho cocktail is part of a collection of New York City-inspired cocktails created for New Amsterdam Gin. Garnish with mint.

Product details/images for convenience only.

This refreshing drink is … But otherwise, I’d suggest spending a few dollars more and looking elsewhere. Colleen Graham is a cocktail expert, professional bartender, and cookbook author with over 10 years of experience in the food-writing world. Mixing takes some of the edges off of Stratusphere Gin. White Claw Black Cherry Hard Seltzer (19.2 oz). Firstly, New Amsterdam Stratusphere Gin is a London Dry Gin and says so right on the bottle. It is not the same product as the original. Creating great tasting cocktails at home is easy once you have some recipes. I noticed the change I enjoyed the year ago gin. Put a lemonade twist on the cocktail by splitting the ginger ale pour with. While higher proof gins do tend to have a bit more in this regard, Stratusphere Gin has more harshness on the nose than peers at this ABV. Obviously, this gin is not top-tier. Get it delivered to your door in under 60 minutes. Instructions: Add ingredients into an ice-filled double old fashioned rocks Taste-wise, if you’re a fan of gin and citrus there’s already a plethora of options out there. Gin is defined under 20.c: “Only flavoring substances or flavoring preparations or both shall be used for the production of gin so that the taste is predominantly that of juniper.” Distilled gin refines it under 21.a.i: “in the presence of juniper berries (Juniperus communis L.) and of other natural botanicals, provided that the juniper taste is predominant.” I really enjoy this gin. This version much better but its not good enough if there are other options at the price point. Shake vigorously for New Amsterdam Gin is uniquely distilled with flavo. Call us when you get to the store, we'll load the groceries for you. There’s a slight metallic tinge on the finish. Elevate the Southside cocktail with New Amsterdam Gin. Great job guys.

I also found it a nice base for some of the creamy, dessert gin cocktails like the Emerald Isle or Caruso.

Get it delivered to your door in under 60 minutes. Here at The Gin is IN we’ve prided ourselves in reviewing contemporary style ginsas spirits worthy of discussion on their own merits. It reminds me of a slightly less smooth version of Chase’s Seville Orange Gin, or a more citrus-forward (and still less smooth) version of Pinckney Bend Gin and Bluecoat Gin. If you had worked harder at school you would not have even tried it, obviously I tried it because I left school at 14 I now wish I had turned up as this has made me see the error of my ways! Strain and garnish with a lemon twist. Cassia in particular lends depth to this note. What did you do. But where exactly does an up-scaled New Amsterdam fit? Use of this site is subject to: The citrus-forward perspective is NOT a reason unto itself. Vivid bitter orange rind, with an unctuous, deep zestiness. I mix it with FeverFew Tonic (Elderberry) brand.

I knew this Stratusphere was different, couldn’t even get any info on their website. Whereas New Amsterdam Modern begins with cloying sweet, almost artificial orange— Stratusphere Gin leads with orange, but a slightly different take.

I agree with the Wine Enthusiast rating of 93.

New Amsterdam Gin is made by E & J Gallo Winery in Modesto, California and was first released in June 2008.

Experience our flavorful gin straight or as the centerpiece of a martini. Seagrams is not great but less offensive at the price.