People should be happy that Indians are enriching the English language with expressive words. antepone is also a good one to use. I feel that a language is mainly used for communication and i think prepone can be used as an antonym for postpone. I don't think "pone" itself has any meaning of its own to add prefix or suffix to it.

To advance sounds quite nice, it rings closer to home. Compare HINDER. I remiind you, many french words are used in American legistation with interpretation in english langue..it's in human nature to adapt...how can one decide "Prepone" has incorrect usage across the globe? I do not like the word at all. Is not correct preponed is opposite of postponed? "postpone." Opposite of to delay or put off an event, appointment etc. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? Did the Jonas Brothers Co-Write Get Back by Demi Lovato? Web.

advance or some other word can mean some thing else in some other context but prepone which is logical straight means opposite of postpone. The logic of Postpone is retained in Prepone. correct me if i am wrong Synonyms.com. and so on. Learn a new word every day. I recommended and the parades leadership agreed to postpone this years parade due to the high density and the large volume of marchers and spectators who attend.

cheers,Sudi, Language can never be confined, else simple words of today like google, computor etc would not exist. excellent online English training course. to "natal" which can be pre natal or postnatal say care for instance. terms, irregular verbs, phrasal verbs and idioms. Opposite of to formally bring to an end (at least temporarily) Opposite of to delay or postpone Opposite of to make (someone or something) late or slow The football game has been postponed. Then we should not be using INTERNET, COMPUTER, LAPTOP because there were no such words before inventing those.

But I have since changed my mind (now that I am over 50). It was used in the NYT in 1913.

Top antonyms for delayed (opposite of delayed) are punctual, instant and expedited.

English did not born in one day or by one person or any language for that matter. 24 synonyms and near synonyms of postponed from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 14 antonyms and near antonyms. It is only commonly used in India and therefore, it can be added in their Indian Dictionary.

British - "Bring Forward"

This is "post" meaning after + "ponere" meaning to place. lot os words dont make sense, but we still use them.... . The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply. It feels wrong.

Postpone antonyms. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Prepone is coined in India I believe. Logically I suppose 'prepone' can mean to 'put before' - but it still sounds odd to me - why didn't it evolve during the same period as 'postpone'? I believe if "postpone" is not "silly, rubbish, stupid etc." grammar, spelling and punctuation, through to language teaching, What is the interesting part of the story of why sinigang? The opposite of postpone is prepone because of following reasons: - Because language always grows and is never stagnant.-secondly simply because elsewhere some other word is being used, usage of that single word cannot be thrusted upon everywhere.

Our online discussion forums are the perfect place to quickly get help Why don't libraries smell like bookstores? The word 'postpone' is from the Latin 'ponere', literally to 'put after'.and dates from the late 1400s.so is of some antiquity, whereas 'prepone' is quite recent. Top antonyms for postpone (opposite of postpone) are continue, do and maintain. - Lastly contibution to the growth of a language can come from anywhere in the world and not necessarily from the place of its origin. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too. Therefore "prepone" is definitely not correct. do visit http://www.languagehat.com/archives/ Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). Who is the longest reigning WWE Champion of all time?

prepone = Moved to an EARLIER point in time We should use 'anticipated' for postponed. When did organ music become associated with baseball? it means procrastination.

"Advance" is also acceptable. Test your knowledge of the English language. (and so did yoga, dharma, karma etc. ) Prepone gives the meaning and everyone understand. “Corporal,” “General,” “Sergeant,” “Private”: What’s The Order Of The Military Ranks? All arguments like "postponed" is not a hyphenated word are just so much nonsense. Opposite of a period of time by which something is late or postponed Opposite of the act of putting off until a later time Opposite of the action of delaying or moving at a slow pace

It can mean nothing else which makes it a perfect word.

- Because language always grows and is never stagnant. we ad un before "fortunate" to reverse its existing meaning.... do I make sense??? “Epidemic” vs. “Pandemic” vs. “Endemic”: What Do These Terms Mean? We choose to go to the moon. If indians invent one word and there are people to reject it. no word like prepone in english .the opposite word to postpone is moveup or advance,bring forward. Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz.

How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Do you know what languages these words come from? Learn telephoning phrases with over 100 pages of stimulating self-study practice in preparation for your

(Entry 3 of 3). English language resources for English learners and teachers to help 1 .wrong She has need of our active help, and whatever are the risks we must postpone our start. In addition to the UsingEnglish.com team of staff

decision to do something later, after the scheduled time.

However, when millions of people start usage of a language in a different manner, the derived language becomes part of the original language :).

Can we count on you to read this article?

How long will the footprints on the moon last? Also, it is noteworthy that the ‘pone’ part of the word ‘postpone’ has its provenance in the latin word ‘ponere’ which means:’to put’ or ‘to place’. I like the wording Prepone opposite word for postpone. It is a good word. I was going to make a decision by next Saturday but I have decided to prepone it to Friday. We did not, therefore, think for a moment that you might postpone your visit. Americans are not native English speakers!

31 synonyms of delay from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 52 related words, definitions, and antonyms.

I know "postpone" means delay an event. like americans say "same difference" and britishers say " i phoned him" ... its just the matter of getting used to. However, English language offers phrasal verbs that serve the purpose. 2 .left I am not sure if there is a word "pone". The word is real useful, logical and after all, its your choice - use it or don't! Absentee Ballot vs. Mail-In Ballot: Is There A Difference? If others want to propose "English" words then at least ensure they are useful or dont already exist. even when some don't accept it. e.g. postpone = Moved to a LATER point in time

It's the way you understand the usage and perceive its meaning is wrong..and yeah why the big deal about Indian's using it more or they invented it?

Though the antonym of "post "is "pre" , don't think opposite of postpone can be prepone. Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC.

No, we shouldn't- they do not mean the same thing.

If post (after) + pone (put) = postpone then pre (before) + pone (put) = prepone is correct. Antonyms:abbreviate, abridge, conclude, contract, curtail, hasten, hurry, limit, reduce, shorten, Synonyms:continue, defer, delay, draw out, elongate, extend, lengthen, procrastinate, prolong, protract. it is only logical to use prepone as the opposite to postpone - latin pre (before) ponere (to lay). I read a case of year 1860 on piracy was baffled to know what type /kind of English was used in those days.