You can throw in the coconut oil solid. But most of all, don’t make the same mistake I made the first time and half the recipe. Spoon a Tablespoon of the mixture into your hands and press into a ball. You don’t need a food processor, although if you only have whole flax seeds, I have used my spice grinder to grind the flax. It felt like my priorities or rather my hobbies shifted after becoming a family of 3. With my secret faux oat ingredient and a super simple low-carb sweetener, these are much lower in sugar but still absolutely delicious. What might I use instead?

I like to pulse just the nuts first to break them up, then add the remaining ingredients. Can you have seeds?

Pour over the oats in a large bowl. And I also found out I’m allergic to honey!

( Log Out /  These make an easy snack, breakfast, treat, or dessert!

Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Simply pulse together the ingredients in a food processor until combined. For sweetener subs, see the detailed blog post above. (plus it’s high in sugar) So the original high-carb recipe wasn’t gonna cut it. Squeeze it together very tightly until if forms a ball. Adapted from Chef Savvy, 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Granola Balls But these are granola balls are even easier. (Note: I don’t find these have a grittiness like coconut flakes can have in some recipes, perhaps since they are blended in a food processor, just in case you were concerned about the texture.). Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Granola Balls Adapted from Chef Savvy. Stir in the vanilla. Let the peanut butter oatmeal mixture cool on the counter for 30-45 minutes. Double Chocolate Donut Holes from my cookbook, PS It’s Healthy. What’s my secret to faux oats? ( Log Out / 

I created “oatmeal” without the oats in several other recipes: These take just 5 minutes to throw together! Coconut flakes are KEY to the oatmeal flavor, so I highly recommend leaving them in for taste and texture.

To me, it has a very similar taste and texture to oatmeal. Macros will vary depending on the nuts you choose. You will have to squeeze the mixture very firmly to get it to stay in a ball. It’s highly concentrated, so you only need a pinch — about 1/16 teaspoon for the whole batch. The main component of these granola balls is surprisingly — NUTS. Peanut Butter Granola Balls (Low-Carb, No-Bake). Coconut flakes! 1/2 cup raisins Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.

Makes 20 balls, depending on size. 1. Need an alternative sweetener? Roll into balls and store in the refrigerator in a sealed container. View EmilysPrettyPies’s profile on Facebook, View emily.likes.food’s profile on Instagram, View emilyrosespain’s profile on Pinterest. Toddlers are so curious about food! Cook Time 15 minutes. I do try to reduce their sugar intake and they like the treats I make with stevia and monkfruit just the same . Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Side note, if you need a sub for coconut oil, you can use butter, palm oil, or coconut butter. Just don’t use too much! They LOVE snacks. And I don’t like getting my hands dirty, so it works for me And saves a step! Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Granola Balls. Roll into balls and store in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Stir until all the oats are coated. They’re quick and easy to make, filling and DELISH. ... Hard ball sugar is the answer! Makes 16 granola bites. They’re nutty, crunchy, hearty and filling and absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS.

( Log Out /  Your email address will not be published.

Stir together the coconut oil, honey, and peanut butter in a small sauce pan over low heat until melted and smooth.

I honestly thought my food blogging days were behind me.

Place on a piece of parchment and let them dry. They create a hearty, nutty wholesome texture and let the peanut butter flavor shine. My family loves them and I think you will, too! It will melt as it blends. I’ve had mine for over 5 years and it still works great!

Looking forward to trying this since I love peanut butter & walnuts! Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

How are you all doing? dessert, energy bar, flax, gluten free, maple syrup, oats, peanut butter, raisin, rolled oats, toddler-approved, vegan, vegetarian. There are several other sweeteners you can use: This recipe was inspired by my kids who have been begging for granola bars lately.

But if you don’t have one, you can use a blender, preferably with a pulse setting, just to coarsely grind the nuts. And the biggest win is that my toddler loves them. Use sunflower seed butter to make it nut free. If you’re in the market for a food processor, I always recommend this Cuisinart model.

I’ve been using this brand for several years and it’s delicious!

I used 1/2 walnuts, 1/2 almonds for the nuts because I love the flavor, but any nut or seed should work fine. Stir in the vanilla extract. And maybe I’ll post another recipe before the next year! Swap in a liquid sweetener of your choice (I have heard a touch of chocolate in the sweetener makes these really yummy too). It certainly feels like I have less time for myself during the day. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. You need an oil that solidifies when chilled — that’s what holds these together. For crunchier/harder nuts, like almonds be sure to grind them first before adding the other ingredients. Your email address will not be published. Place the oats in a large bowl and pour the warm peanut butter mixture over them. Chill balls for 30 minutes until firm. 1 cup quick cook oats In a medium, microwave-safe bowl (large enough to add oats later), add peanut butter and maple syrup. I am no stranger to various energy balls (hello PB&J Energy Balls, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites, Raw Cinnamon Raisin Balls, Chocolate Brownie Power Nibbles, which are some of my previous favourites).

In a saucepan heat the coconut oil, honey, and peanut butter until melted and creamy. Print. Since a food processor is used, I guess it really doesn’t matter; i just noticed a different term since I’m an Eng teacher!

Years and years ago when I could still eat oats, I LOVED making no-bake energy bites using oats, honey, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Mix all ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Interesting that when you’re explaining the ingredients, you say coconut flakes, but the recipe calls for & links to coconut shreds, which are much smaller. And no, it doesn’t taste like coconut! How to make Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites: What if I can’t get the bites to stay in a ball? Or granola balls as my toddler calls them. Hi everyone! I kinda like the rustic look of these. Set aside. Prep Time 45 minutes. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bites, Easy, Two Ingredient, Low Carb Cherry Jello Parfaits. This size is perfect for the recipes I make (larger sizes can make blending small batches more difficult). These no bake balls are grain-free/oat-free and sugar-free and come together in just minutes. Crunchy peanut butter granola bars with toasted oats, coconut and sunflower seeds!

No cooking, no melting, no excessive waiting. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Loud ‘MMM’s were heard all around, haha. Take Tablespoons of oats in your hand and press very firmly until it forms a ball shape. Start with 1 Tbs and taste), 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup soft medjool dates (for non low-carb). It’s just a little trickier. Low-Carb Dark Chocolate Blackberry Tart {Keto, Paleo, Vegan}, Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies (Paleo, Vegan, Keto), Chocolate Covered Coconut Cookies (Nut-Free, Keto, Paleo, Vegan), 10 Easy Protein-Packed Keto Energy Balls - Pretty Healthy Stuff, Powdered erythritol (start with 1 Tbs and taste), Powdered coconut sugar (for non low-carb. After blending to a coarse consistency, add in the chocolate chips – either by pulsing a few times, or stirring by hand. You may need to move it from one hand to another to get it to form a proper ball.