Cut each layer into 2 even layers. Each bowl holds 15 ounces of cake batter. Let stand 8 to 10 minutes. Trim cake layers of rough edges. I knew it would be time intensive, but if I were to do it again, I Add a few drops of red food colouring onto one batter. Bake in oven for about 10 to 15 minutes until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. If it's too stiff, add a bit more butter. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a large bowl on medium speed until creamy. Beat eggs in mixing bowl until frothy. An amazing birthday cake! I used a kitchen scale to weigh mine out so they would all be equal. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Switch mixer to medium speed and add eggs one at a time, beating until just combined. Amount is based on available nutrient data.

But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. By registering you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Privacy Notice. Cake is ready when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Add a few drops of green food coloring into remaining batter. Into hot milk, stir vanilla and butter until melted.

Trim edges if needed. Add a few drops of red food colouring onto one batter. Bake, rotating the pans halfway through, until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Rinse cake pan with cold water until cool. Rewhip cold buttercream before using. Most recipes I’ve seen online for rainbow cakes use a couple of box cake mixes to make the process easier. Divide batter in 3 equal parts into separate bowls. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Butter the base and edge of pan. Repeat with remaining 3 layers in same order, making 6 layers. If it's too wet, add a bit more confectioners' sugar. To make our rainbow cake layers, all you have to do is mix up your batter (follow the recipe below) and then divide your batter into 6 bowls evenly. Rainbow Swirl Cake made with three layers of homemade rainbow cake, then decorated with rainbow swirl frosting around the edges! https://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/17531/rainbow-cake. Spread into a prepared pan. This cake looks... AMAZING! This cake will bring smiles to so many faces! Spread into a prepared pan. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.

Stir to mix. Top with another cake layer and repeat until you have stacked and filled all the layers. Switch mixer to low speed and gradually beat in the dry ingredients, alternating with milk. Level the tops of any cake layers that have domed by slicing the domes off with a serrated knife. Spread some over 1 pink layer on tray. Beat the butter, sugar and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light in color and fluffy, about 5 minutes. 3.

Divide the batter evenly into seven bowls and add food colouring to each batter until desired colour is reached.
Put some buttercream into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip. Continue beating while it cooks until stiff peaks form when beater is lifted. Use a spatula to spread a thin layer of icing between each coloured layer. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Get my recipe for this Easy 6-Layer Rainbow Cake – Step by Step tutorial showing everything you need to do to make an awesome homemade Rainbow Cake If you want a recipe for a delicious Rainbow Cake, and to learn EXACTLY how to make it, you came to the right place!

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray the bottom and sides of six 8-inch round cake pans; dust with flour and tap out excess. To summarize, make three different coloured batters, and pour each into a prepared pan. A cake that resembles a rainbow, and is topped with strawberry fluff that reminds you of cotton candy. It's a very easy and pretty recipe!

© Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Line the base of an 8-inch (20cm) round spring form pan with baking paper. If you have a comment or query you would like LifeStyle to respond to, please use our feedback form. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Spread yellow layer with jelly, and place on top of green strip. 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the pans, 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature, Gel food coloring in red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple, 6 cups American Buttercream (1 1/2 recipes), recipe follows, 6 cups confectioners' sugar, or more as necessary, 4 sticks (2 cups) butter, softened, or more as necessary, Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Recipe courtesy of Worst Bakers in America, How to Decorate a Layer Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Rosettes. This is defiently on my list! All rights reserved. Spread into remaining pan.

Cool the cakes in the pans on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove the cakes to the rack to cool completely.

Beat until light colored and thick. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Spread jelly on top and sides if preferred, but it is not necessary. Divide the batter equally among 6 mixing bowls. Followed the instructions exactly otherwise. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, milk, vanilla seeds and salt. Easy Rainbow Cake Recipe from Scratch, Seven Layer Rainbow Cake, How to make a Rainbow Cake Tutorial, Step by step rainbow cake recipe and tutorial, Bake, cool, decorate Bake in a preheated oven on the center rack. With the mixer on high speed, beat together butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Remove from pan onto a wire rack to cool. I chose this recipe because I had all the ingredients on hand, so I wouldn't have to buy cake mix. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar. To Make Strawberry Fluff: Place 1 egg white, 1/2 cup sugar, thawed strawberries, and 1/8 teaspoon salt into top of double boiler. Preheat oven to 180 C. 2. Spread the remaining icing across the top and around the sides.

Pipe rainbow rosettes onto cake beginning with middle of top of cake and working out and down sides so the most vibrant colors are on top of cake. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla seeds, until combined. Use immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 24 hours or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.

Tip #1 Each baked cake layer will be about 3/8 inch thick. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Reline base of tin with baking paper and repeat baking process for the remaining six layers.