Regarding the “fake” vs “real” cinnamon, I grew up in a country where the real cinnamon was used and when I came to North America I had no idea that for the sake of quick buck I was sold harmful substance. A highly valued culinary and medicinal spice.

Maybe it could go on a wish list for a special-occasion present?

While they all contain the same active ingredient, true cinnamon has the benefit of being low in coumarin. That said, this would be on my dream list. I really expected to be able to notice even a little difference for such a highly priced product. I do understand your concern that Saigon cinnamon is not true cinnamon and should properly be called cassia not cinnamon but the fact is that everyone in the US calls it cinnamon and that’s not going to change.

Since it’s so hard to find a seller that is blunt and candid, I will either pay the big money (to me) or just use Wally World cinnamon.

It is. I will report back when I find out…I love the grater, but it doesn’t work so perhaps the cinnamon is old? I use Ceylon cinnamon already ground that my local health food store ordered in request and love it. Moreover, we do not select every advertiser or advertisement that appears on the web site-many of the I couldn’t wait to open one–so I did. It’s pretty neat to smell them all side by side. Research to date has focused on cassia cinnamon, however. No adverse reactions have been reported at dosages of up to 6 grams daily, reports Drugs.com. I esp like the incense and music idea. It would be disappointing if she gave the info and then left us to our own devices. Sandi Busch received a Bachelor of Arts in psychology, then pursued training in nursing and nutrition. Please think before you pronounce to the whole world that we should ignore our livers for the sake of cheaper. Search and dig for important answers on many other subjects, and you, i promise will find priceless treasure. I love their 4-cinnamon blend, mmmmmmmm.

Learn how foods should be free of spices and the truth about their harmful effects.Learn how these things were written over 100 years ago and why.

They only publish the tests they pay for to prove it’s okay. Ask your doctor if it’s appropriate for you to be consuming products that contain coumarin. It is like saying that nighshade berries are red and are from the same family as tomatoes, so we should substitute them for tomatoes. If you blog is popular, you are wielding the power to influence your readers who trust your judgment. Thank you for the great information. It’s sooooo sweet, not bitter at all. Dunno…. Nancy. It is plastic. The flavor is 1000% different then store bought. Thanks again. Hi, I am a bit confused by your picture. All types of cinnamon contain the active ingredient cinnamaldehyde, which accounts for 65 percent to 80 percent of the essential oil, according to Drugs.com. Kristen, My husband just ordered the Original Cinnamon Lovers Starter Pack for us after I told him about reading your post on real cinnamon from Cinnamon Hill. 2020

Keep up the good work. Sadly, blogging is just a way to earn money by linking to and endorsing products. I’m thinking maybe because of your post they got overrun. Watch out for GMO’s and don’t believe everything that says organic. Coumarin occurs naturally in a few plants, including cinnamon, but it's also synthetically produced because it helps prevent blood clots. So it is false security, to say it just isnt that dangerous.. Because sensitive individuals dont know they are sensitive. One of the greatest benefits of them, however, is that they show the need (for the discerning reader of course) for everyone to do their own thorough research on the given subject, as blogs are nothing more than a compilation of opinions and ideas of each contributor, not necessarily fact except as to how it relates to that specific individual. I loved this article, your writing is inspiring! Leaf Group Ltd.

There is speculation that they may be used as medicine the nutrients in them can be found in real food which converts to good blood.Please look up and measure your knowledge with the originator of health on this planet and you will never ever go wrong i promise. Cheers! love to start learning more about real food. Kristen, thanks so much I always enjoy your posts so much and you have taught me a lot. However, the main problem is the high level of Coumarin, almost 1200 times of the real herb.

All types of cinnamon belong to the genus Cinnamomum, so there really isn't a "fake" cinnamon. I got very, very sick last year and had to go to a walk in clinic. diagnosis or treatment. I am very discerning, and share the sentiments of this site. As their is a differance between them. haha :).

Does it bother you that these are individually wrapped, in plastic and are a contributor to unnecessary waste? India or indian store, but I get the bark not what’s shown.

These do not break easily, whereas true cinnamon does. You mentioned that they are all wrapped individually. to avoid fakes, sadly you have to switch to heirloom and have it organic. Please check your first bulletin point in the article, you say cinnamon is a “coagulant” and I think you might mean it to say it’s an “anti-coagulant”. I’m okay with stale, old store cinnamon, since I tend to have an allergic reaction to the “fresher” kind. And think about it – if mechanical scraping/grinding removes nutrients, do you really believe mechanical scraping/grinding in different locations will change that? Copyright ©

I clicked just to see if you mentioned where to find that gorgeous cinnamon grater. very interesting to think about in today’s commercial environment. Not giving any notice o the cinnamon I’d given him.

some clever folks found that they can make more profit by selling vanillin instead of real vanilla, glucose syrup instead of honey and cassia cinnamon instead of the real thing.

They will always find the ”research links’ to support the sale. If I understand correctly, there’s a distinct difference in the thickness of Ceylon sticks which is a thinner darker bark than Saigon. Thank you for sharing this informative post. There is a difference between ‘having something to sell’ and doing the footwork to find a superior product. I recieved him because his provider b4 me has taken his blood sugars to a dangerous level very quickly and he needed a health conscious home to live in. This article was very informative and helpful… thank you.

any of the products or services that are advertised on the web site. I, personally, buy cinnamon by the pound.

All of a sudden, we had a realization that his breath was clean pleasant.

Excellent read, and I learned something new today! I own at least 8 shakers of that stuff, and like it, like the taste. It’s done in the same way as big pharma. I am very excited to learn more trough your article!

I read this post right after waking up;only to

I willing to bet the difference has been in the cinnamon all along. I have sent them an e-mail to ask them what is what. Due to the price difference, most cinnamon in your local grocery store consists of cassia cinnamon. EGW writings then go to counsels on diet and foods or ministry of healing or counsels on health or do a word search put the word spices in there or cinnamon, very precious superior and reliable information Bark is not food let alone real food. ,

It is amazing, after reading this article, I tried out a few sources, real cinnamon is actually sweet!!! And, you go on to mention your sponsor, so you have something to sell. I have a question about the cinnamon that you source from Vietnam and Sri Lanka. Hi Kristen, I appreciate your dedication to our happiness and nutrition.

They’re my go-to for most of my spices and their prices are very reasonable. Copyright © 2019 by Kristen Michaelis | Powered by the Genesis Framework | Terms of Service | Contact | Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy | Comment Policy, How to Heal a Sunburn In Less Than 24 Hours ». Your email address will not be published. Did you know that the vast majority cinnamon you see at the supermarket is considered fake cinnamon? Taking comments at face value can be very dangerous. gives me an awesome feeling! I guess I can handle the old stuff . I can get real cinnamon many places. Larger amounts of cinnamon powder and oil may increase your breathing and heart rate. 14-Year Old Anti-GMO Activist Agitates Monsanto Schill, Kevin O’Leary, Vegans At Increased Risk Of Developing Blood Clots And Atherosclerosis. The German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, however, reports that a person weighing 132 pounds would consume the maximum intake of coumarin recommended by the European Union by eating 3/4 to 1 teaspoon of cassia cinnamon daily. Melinda, I did not think the article had any undertones of a ‘dig’ as you say.

Kristen has shared valuable (IMO) info with us about a spice we commonly use and has not left us hanging as to where we can get it. What kind of processing they go thru. Please see here for as objective a view as I can write https://cinnamonhill.com/blog/cinnamon-coumarin-health-issue/ My view is that Sri Lanka is making a mistake by harping on about the coumarin issue and would do much better to emphasise the superior scent and taste of true Ceylon cinnamon. Great article.

Are you saying that Cinnamon hill is the only placde to buy real cinnamon?

Which is a true cimmamon and has the least carsinageans? I have AFib and on a blood thinner. They have five different cinnamons and yes, they all are different not just because of processing but also due to the region.

Penzeys Spices is a place that I get my spices. All types of cinnamon belong to the genus Cinnamomum, so there really isn’t a “fake” cinnamon. Viva La Cinnamon.

Cinnamon is also antiviral, antibacterial, antispasmotic, and antifungal. I’m just saying you need to buy from a trusted source.

LIVESTRONG.com may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story. I went to a health shop and bought pure cinnmamon extract and immediately began to get well! Looks more like sneaky advert for Cinnmon Hill trying to masquerade as a genuine informative article on benefits of cinnamon ! We offer a choice of fresh Ceylon and Saigon cinnamon so that people can try them both if they wish and make up their own minds as to which they prefer. LIVESTRONG is a registered trademark of the LIVESTRONG Foundation.

The dangers of coumarin is real, and occurs in some indoviduals (who dont know that they are vounerable), especially if used by small children on porridge etc. It will be the most important thing for you and your family you have ever found for ever, i promise.

Sorry to hear your explanation of the differance between the two types of cinnamon. I’m okay with that and consider it a TY for doing the ‘work’ for us. Hi Kristen,

It should not be

Thank you so much for this vital information.

Joanna, You’re absolutely right!