Renee Benson, meanwhile, through a trust set up for her in her mother's name, owns all shares of the Chevrolet, Honda and Mercedes-Benz dealerships previously owned by Tom Benson in San Antonio. When editors at Forbes.com on Thursday publicized their annual valuation estimates of National Football League teams and pegged the New Orleans Saints at $1.75 billion, they didn't do Tom Benson any favors. After graduating from UNC-Chapel Hill with degrees in Political Science and Journalism and interning at the San Antonio Express-News in 2012, Gerlach returned in 2013 to cover the South Side for the Reporter. The total value of Benson's estate  may now top $2.7 billion, including his National Basketball Association team the New Orleans Pelicans, and other holdings that include automobile dealerships, a Texas bank and considerable residential and commercial property in Texas and Louisiana. Renee's personal network of family, friends, associates & neighbors include Alisha Huff, Paula Bloom, Joseph Vivier, Alexis Campanini and Mandi Pizer. His filing asks the court to order the trustees of his heirs' trusts to join with him in seeking the necessary approvals from both leagues in order to allow him to reclaim all the team shares. “I don’t believe he did any of this.”. The family also said in their statement that they are not being allowed to have contact with Benson, and his friends have been unable to see or reach him for many months. The Louisiana case is In Re: Interdiction of Thomas Milton Benson Jr., 15-655, Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, Louisiana (New Orleans). “I just heard from other people he was mad at me, and I said, ‘Really? Early life and education.

Benson's family fires back at allegations they tried to kill billionaire. “Things are just not right,” the family said in a court filing. Benson argued he did so by canceling millions of dollars' worth of debt and turning over $500 million in promissory notes due in about 25 years, but trust officials disagreed. Check Reputation Score for Renee Benson in Seanor, PA - View Criminal & Court Records | Photos | Address, Emails & Phone Number | Personal Review | $20 - $29,999 Income & Net Worth Tom Benson agreed that he spent years coaching his daughter and her children in all aspects of the family businesses, “to groom them into the type of business persons that he could have confidence in” to take over after his death, his lawyer, Phil Wittmann, said in court papers. They “never rose to the task,” Wittmann said. The settlement, which is confidential, resolves the control of Tom Benson’s Texas assets.

The estranged family of billionaire businessman Tom Benson disputed the claims he made in a deposition that they assaulted his wife at a football game in 2014 and have been “trying to kill” him. RELATED: New Orleans Saints and Pelicans billionaire Tom Benson testifies his heirs 'tried to kill me'. Benson is shown with her daughter, Rita, leaving the New Orleans Civil District Court in June during a related court battle over the Benson estate. But they have not been able to conclude a final settlement, and U.S. District Judge Jane Triche Milazzo has put the case back on her calendar, setting it for trial in February. Covid Superspreader Risk Is Linked to Restaurants, Gyms, Hotels, China-Anchored Free-Trade Zone, World’s Biggest, Nearly Done, Target Is Reopening Its Looted Store With Black Shoppers in Mind, Stocks Slump on Lockdown Angst Amid Stimulus Limbo: Markets Wrap, Deep-Freeze Hurdle Makes Pfizer’s Vaccine One for the Rich.

As of this date, Renee is married. Benson's amended complaint says that in resolving a related estate suit that was filed in a Texas probate court by his daughter Renee, his five car dealerships in San Antonio and New Orleans were divided up.

“We’re not going to open them unless he’s there,” she said. “Suddenly after I remarried you all became offensive,” Benson said in his post-Christmas e-mail, which is part of the court file, adding the former heirs didn’t act appropriately and argued among themselves. John Davenport, Staff / San Antonio Express-News.

The Pelicans' value is about $650 million, according to January 2016 estimate by Forbes.

2, Bexar County, Texas (San Antonio). Much of the legal action has amounted to a battle between business valuation experts hired by each side. The Texas case is Renee Benson v. Thomas Milton Benson Jr., 155,572-A, Probate Court No. Benson, who is a San Antonio auto dealer and also owns the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, also claimed "they tried to kill me, for one thing," without providing specific details on the allegation. Wittmann asked Renee Benson Wednesday if she liked her father’s wife. COVID-19: 'The Bitter End' for Nation's Live Music Venues?

Renee Benson (right), daughter of billionaire Tom Benson, listens to deliberations Friday in Bexar County Probate Court before Judge Tom Rickhoff. The family has a large stake in DIY moving company U-Haul, which was founded by the late Leonard Shoen and his wife Anna Mary Carty in … Benson has a net worth of $2.2 billion, according to Forbes Magazine, largely thanks to his ownership of the NFL's Saints and the NBA's Pelicans.

In a letter he shared publicly, Benson told his heirs that he wanted nothing further to do with them because of their ill treatment of his wife, and he banished them from any involvement with his businesses, including the automobile dealerships on which he had initially built his wealth. The purpose of the procedure was to determine the new trustee for the estate.

“My daughter was begging Gayle to let my dad see me,” Renee replied. Benson built his net worth of about $1.7 billion through automobile dealerships, banking concerns and real estate.

The back-and-forth was the latest salvo fired in an ongoing, bitter feud between Benson and his heirs.

Renee Benson, meanwhile, through a trust set up for her in her mother's name, owns all shares of the Chevrolet, Honda and Mercedes-Benz dealerships previously owned by Tom Benson in San Antonio. “At this point in time, not really.”.

Terms of the trusts allow him to remove assets as long as he replaces them with other assets of equivalent value. The team interests held by the heirs consist wholly of non-voting units, while Benson retained all controlling shares.

After months of negotiations and two delays, billionaire Tom Benson reached a confidential settlement with his estranged daughter regarding her ownership stakes in the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans pro sports teams, lawyers for both sides announced Friday. Jeremy T. Gerlach is a reporter from Hillsborough, North Carolina.

Benson has a net worth of $2.2 billion, according to Forbes Magazine, largely thanks to his ownership of the NFL's Saints and the NBA's Pelicans.

RELATED: Tom Benson claims courtroom victory allowing lawsuit against two trustees to proceed, The statement goes on to assert that Renee Benson, one of the alleged assailants, was “not even at the game in New Orleans where the alleged incident would have occurred.”.