If you need a nature fix and don't feel like driving out of the city, this is probably your best bet. Get the trail map from the website. I have lived within three miles of this park for four years and had no idea it existed. We chose the yellow trail, and there was really not much diversity; I've seen more interesting plant life (and more variety) on the disc golf courses we've played. I ended up going all the way back around. If you see litter, please consider picking it up and depositing it properly. I got my 3 miles in and sweat like a pig... the parking lot is small but free so it served its purpose. I lived in the Pacific Northwest for a while so scenery is really important to me and so far in Charlotte this is as much as I have gotten.

My wife and I wandered around and explored most of the trails. Near the northern part of the preserve is an open meadow area. Plus, it is just not nice. , you are whisked away into an enchanted forest like the ones in movies. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. There are several paths there that you can walk, some small bodies of water and trees everywhere of course. The fact that this preserve is hiding right in Charlotte boggles my mind. Opening & closing timings, parking options, restaurants nearby or what to see on your visit to RibbonWalk Nature Preserve? © 2020 Charlotte On The Cheap. Edit.css-1mpk29p{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:rgba(43,39,60,1);}.css-1mpk29p::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-1mpk29p::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-1mpk29p svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}. One of the negatives to this preserve is that there is a lot of airplane noise overhead, depending on which way the CLT airport is configured. We have been taking our dog and he loves it. Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Charlotte, Game & Entertainment Centers, Lessons & Workshops, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails, Biking Trails, Things to do near Ribbon Walk Nature Preserve. I have only been here twice now but both times I have loved everything about it. We turned right onto Hoyt Hinson Trail again, which led us out of the preserve. Always hike with a friend. Discount tickets for concerts, comedy, sports and more "We come to this park often to play disc golf, but it's a wonderful, family-friendly park with plenty of picnic areas, nice trails, and a nature center." It’s at 4601 Nevin Road, in North Charlotte, near the Derita neighborhood. It is near the intersection of I-85 and I-77 and about a 15 minute drive or a 30 minute bus ride from uptown. When was the last time you spent a couple of hours with mother nature at it's finest? Living On The Cheap® and On the Cheap® are registered trademarks owned by Living On The Cheap Inc. Site design by Five J's Design.All the stories on our site are protected by copyright and any unauthorized copying is strictly prohibited. 15 reviews of RibbonWalk Nature Preserve "I have only been here twice now but both times I have loved everything about it. Chalk this up to most beautiful place in an unexpected location.Don't be confused by the locked gate when you pull in. The only sound is the occasional plane overhead. There are some benches around the ponds, as well as a mossy brick walkway around the "Lower Pond." We were lucky to have a guided tour and learn about the various types, class, and species of mushrooms.These hikes are run by Mecklenburg Co. and great educational tools to teach children and adults about what is in your local parks. .css-1o5pw2t{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:rgba(187,186,192,1);}.css-1o5pw2t::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-1o5pw2t::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t:hover,.css-1o5pw2t:focus{fill:rgba(117,114,128,1);}.

Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews.

From there, turn right on Tricklin’ Stream Trail. We ended up bailing out through a vacant lot and wandering through the adjacent neighborhood streets (neither of us was carrying our phone, so no GPS) to get ourselves back to his house. You've struck gold, because this is where you find them! Great trails for running. It was so pretty and gorgeous. See all 25 photos taken at Ribbonwalk Nature Preserve by 99 visitors. This place took care of both easily.It is a no frills kind of place and right now you'll have to deal with the construction going on around it but if you can see past that you'll have a great time. RibbonWalk Nature Preserve is a 188-acre urban forest, located in north central Mecklenburg County only four miles from center city Charlotte. There are around 3 trails.

Honestly, I have hesitated to write this review, as I want to keep it to myself.

This is good , it's just a fine day by the nature and not too away from the town. Charlotte Discount Tickets. Enter the nature preserve on Hoyt Hinson Road, and then turn left onto Irwin Creek Trail. Contact the business for more information about recent service changes. Charlotte does not have an official arboretum, but the RibbonWalk Nature Preserve is about the next closest thing to one. The RibbonWalk Nature Preserve is an urban forest that is fairly close to Uptown Charlotte. I meditated here as we'll on a picnic bench overlooking the green and the quaint lake. My dog would love it, so he'll be tagging along next time.

There is a cabin on the property and also a small newer covered bridge. I have found signs of bums living in the woods.This place is beautiful. Make bank when you save 50-80% off local attractions, restaurants, and other things to do. There are some amazing old-growth trees and habitats to enjoy as well as two ponds, a wetland bog and Irwin Creek. We saw two other people on the trails and a family at the picnic area at around 10 on a Saturday morning.

Official Nature Preserve Trail Maps: > Evergreen Nature Preserve > Latta Nature Preserve > McDowell Nature Preserve > Reedy Creek Park & Nature Preserve > RibbonWalk Nature Preserve Other Maps: County Greenways: Existing and planned greenway trails around the county.. Central Carolinas Biodiversity Trail: Ecological locations of interest in a 14-county region around Charlotte. Ribbon Walk Nature Preserve: Not enough information - See 3 traveler reviews, 3 candid photos, and great deals for Charlotte, NC, at Tripadvisor. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. I would recommend this area to anyone who likes to go on nature trails you won't be disappointed. So quiet and relaxing. Outdoor Recreation. We ended up bailing out through a vacant lot and wandering through the adjacent neighborhood streets (neither of us was carrying our phone, so no GPS) to get ourselves back to his house. Some of the paths are more obvious while others are in middle of the woods which I love. Great place to get out and experience nature within city limits. Find daily food and drink specials at area restaurants, and events that feature food. This has a... Learn more. My wife and I wandered around and explored most of the trails. In search of a bargain? Gorgeous!!! We chose the yellow trail, and there was really not much diversity; I've seen more interesting plant life (and more variety) on the disc golf courses we've played. Don't miss out!

I made a new year resolution to get outdoors more and combine my need for a workout with my desire for more nature in my life. It is mostly unknown and that is a plus considering you can really find some quiet time out there.They have a few locations for sitting at a table to eat or whatever but as far as I'm concerned it is just a nice place to get a away for a little bit. There are about 3 miles of hiking trails and a few picnic tables near the entrance. Take this up to the top of the preserve and then turn right on Covered Bridge Trail. [Review 13143 overall, 460 of 2020. The main gate and the parking lot is closed and locked because of the pandemic, but there appears to be some limited street parking out front. 3 other reviews that are not currently recommended. The fact that this preserve is hiding right in Charlotte boggles my mind. This is a go to place for the local fly fishermen and should be one of your stops if you are just…". “Over 188 acre urban forest, you are whisked away into an enchanted forest like the ones in movies.” in 3 reviews, in Men's Clothing, Fishing, Hunting & Fishing Supplies. Mushrooms sprouting everywhere all you have to do is to look for them. Near the trees that have fallen down lies a family of Turkey mushrooms. Ask tarheel96 about Ribbon Walk Nature Preserve, Hotels near NC Wine Gals Food & Wine Tours, Hotels near (USA) Concord Regoinal Airport, Hotels near ITT Technical Institute - Charlotte Campus, Hotels near University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Hotels near Brookstone College of Business, Hotels near Johnson & Wales - Charlotte, NC, Belk Theater at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Game & Entertainment Centers in Charlotte, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Charlotte, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks in Charlotte, Conference & Convention Centers in Charlotte, Discovery Place Science: Tickets & Tours‎, The Bank of America Stadium: Tickets & Tours‎, Levine Museum of the New South: Tickets & Tours‎, Hendrick Motorsports Complex: Tickets & Tours‎, Lake Norman North Carolina: Tickets & Tours‎, Belk Theater at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center: Tickets & Tours‎. Over 188 acre urban forest, you are whisked away into an enchanted forest like the ones in movies. Take only photographs, leave only footprints. Find discounts on concerts, live performances, art events, and more. I wish we had time to do more of the trails, but next time we're in town we'll be back! Bumped this up to 4-star based on the fact that it is so close to my home.

The business is located in 4601 Nevin Rd, Charlotte, NC 28269, USA.

As other reviewers have said, you can expect to be one of the only people here. We saw red, indigo/blue, green, purple, white, and many more.

We saw two other people on the trails and a family at the picnic area at around 10 on a Saturday morning.