The caramelized and buttery flavour: the fennel becomes … This is an easy to prepare side dish that goes fantastically well with roast chicken or fish. This ended up with a strong licorice taste.

Add a tablespoon or so of butter to the pan about 10 minutes before the fennel is done; let it melt in the pan and toss to coat the fennel with the melted butter for a richer final dish. Will make it again. I just baked it and am in the process of eating the entire fennel bulb all by myself :)Much thanks for one of the simplest and best recipe.

20 mins is good enough. It burned after that.

All rights reserved. A lot of the recipes are Keto, Whole30 and Vegan too! 3. Trim fennel bulbs. Learn how your comment data is processed. Hi! Toss fennel wedges with olive oil and balsamic: Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).

I cooked mine for 35 mins (slices were thicker) but it was still very tough. Yes, I ended up charring some too, since I checked on it after 25 mins!!! Another reminder that everything is better when you roast it! I didn’t have any balsamic vinegar, so I used some Italian salad dressing mixed with the EVOO & brushed it on with a touch of sugar.

I used giant fresh garlic sliced and added nooch instead of cheese to keep it vegan. Sorry, our subscription service is unavailable. Thank you Elise! Pull up a chair! Raw fennel is delicious too, and if you slice it thin it is delicious with shaved parmesan.

It doesn’t usually make it from the pan to my plate! Prosciutto is salty like parm, so I’m guessing it would go well with the raw fennel.

Because I was using fennel from my garden that was starting to bolt, I covered it with foil so it wouldn’t dry out too much.

But, we finished it all. After 20 minutes if using parmesan, sprinkle it over the fennel and then return the tray to the oven to bake for another 10 minutes. Why not make this Salmon, Asp. First time commenting? Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, again just enough to coat. I also have a question as to whether it could be battled and preserved in oil after it has cooled. Too much of the time we are influenced by others on produce we have never eaten before, for fennel it was I hate licorice and there for don’t want it with my food. Delicious. Arrange the fennel wedges on the pan and roast them at 400°F (205°C) for 40 minutes or until the fennel wedges are cooked through and beginning to caramelize at the edges.

Your email address will not be published. Have to say I really thought I would hate this, as I really dislike fennel seeds and can’t eat anything that smells strongly of them. Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. Wonderful. I even starred at my husband’s plate to see if he was going to leave any…when he left a few pieces untouched I told him not to waste food and snatched them off his plate…hahahaha…this is definitely one I will be making time and time again. Just tried this recipe for dinner and it was lovely. I thought it had a lovely buttery flavor. I should have doubled the recipe though. If you hate raw fennel, please don’t write this vegetable off until you have tried roasting it first, there is almost zero resemblance between the two. But Connie, we’d love to hear what you recall doing!

Fennel has become a favorite in our home.

I absolutely recommend it.

If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos! Loved this recipe, simple and delicious! Delicious! 2 Roast the fennel: Line a roasting pan or baking dish Silpat or aluminum foil brushed with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes at 425°F. 2.

All I do is toss w/ olive oil and salt and roast at 400 until caramelized and soft. Unbelievably easy pork roasts, perfect for feeding a crowd. sliced thin and served with Parmesan in a salad, Read more about our affiliate linking policy, Gluten-Free,Low Carb,Paleo,Vegan,Vegetarian, 2 fennel bulbs (thick base of stalk), stalks cut off, bulbs halved lengthwise, then cut lengthwise in 1-inch thick wedges, 2 tablespoons (or more) of extra virgin olive oil.

Hmm, to air fry this, do it in maybe 2 batches at 350 for 10 minutes. Here are a few other fennel recipes that you will love: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Nut Free, Paleo, Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal, Vegan, Whole30, Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius). Even people who run from anything licorice-ish (like my father) easily enjoy fennel when it is warm and roasted. Elise Bauer is the founder of Simply Recipes.

All photos and content are copyright protected.

It is BEYOND amazing.

This was delicious! Quick and easy roasted fennel recipe. It resembles a peeled onion bulb that someone has pressed between their hands so it’s no longer round, with a green celery-like stalk and dill-ish fronds. It does not say to roast the fennel first, but I am thinking it might be a good idea. Pick 2 tablespoons of the tender green fronds from the tops of the fennel bulbs and set aside.

This Roasted Fennel is one of my favourite side dishes because it’s incredibly easy to make, and so delicious. Thanks for the insight! The licorice notes that were so discernible when the fennel was raw leave only a hint when roasted. Lemon-Blueberry Ricotta-Buttermilk Pancakes.