Sammie first gained notice for his voice when appearing on Showtime at the Apollo in 1998, and winning for his rendition of Stevie Wonder's "My Cheri Amour". American R&B singer best known for his hit 1999 single "I Like It." Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Before Fame.

In January 2016, Sammie released his retail mixtape, Indigo via his own imprint StarCamp Music. [1] In 1999, Sammie was signed to Capitol Records and released his debut album, From the Bottom to the Top, on March 14, 2000. Where was Sammie born? American R&B singer best known for his hit 1999 single "I Like It." [3] The first single "You Should Be My Girl", featuring YoungBloodz member Sean P, peaked at number 26 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, while the second single "Come with Me" peaked at number 23 on the same chart.[5]. The song was released as the album's lead single in early 1999 (see 1999 in music), and certified gold by the RIAA. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window). He returned with his second studio and self-titled album, Sammiein 2006. How tall is Sammie? He began singing for his father's church choir at the age of four. His father was a minister and his mother was a professional singer. [2] Debuting at number 46 on the U.S. [13] In June 2019, Sammie embarked on “The Everlasting Tour” performing in intimate settings, giving his fans an up close experience. Which gave birth to my first #1 record “I Like It” at the tender age of 12. Sammie Lee Bush, Jr. (born March 1, 1988) is an American singer and songwriter. The youngest to do so since Stevie Wonder (that record still holds true till this day.) Sammie Graduating To Comeback, Third Eye Blind Can See Clearly Now", "Sammie Discusses His Mission to Save R&B & New EP 'I'm Him, "West Orange High School choir director strikes chord of unity", "Sammie Inks With Austin's Rowdy Records", "R&B singer Sammie talks new music and growing up in the industry", "Interview: Sammie Talks 'Coming Of Age' And "Beating The Odds" As A Young Black Man In America", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sammie&oldid=985269991, Pages using Template:Infobox musical artist with unknown parameters, Official website different in Wikidata and Wikipedia, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 25 October 2020, at 00:13. “I’ve done some campaigns with Mielle, so I keep my beard and hair moisturized with [their] organic products,” the star said of his grooming regimen. “It’s called Simply Naked Candle Co., and we have five scents: Indigo, Pure Love, Peace, Honey and All Night. [12] His third album, Coming of Age was released in September 2017. More than two decades after Sammie burst onto the music scene at the age of 12 with his hit single “I Like It,” his career is still on fire. Do Not Sell My Personal Information. We've received your submission. Your California Privacy Rights His debut album, From the Bottom to the Top, sold more than 500,000 copies and was certified Gold by the RIAA. He returned with his second studio and self-titled album, Sammie in 2006. [10] Also in 2008, he released the single “One Way Street.” In 2012, he co-wrote the song "Next Breath" for singer Tank's fifth studio album, This Is How I Feel. He returned with an EP, I'm Him, in 2016. Privacy Notice 5,555, This story has been shared 5,404 times. Sitemap This story has been shared 55,574 times. He charted a few more times before he took a hiatus to concentrate on being a kid; going to school, playing sports and … He began singing for his father's church choir at the age of four. Born: 01 March 1987. “Soap and water does not do any harm to me, so I just add on coconut oil and prayer.