In general, “mood” is so rare on the test that I think it showed up in one question of the four practice tests in the College Board book. So he sat down and wrote a wonderful story, which he called "The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe.". Insufficient notes would cause failure on a quiz, while neither sufficient nor generous notes would. Her "grown-up" book collection wasn't comprised of just the dry, academic tomes my parents had around the house, but instead were made up of books from the seventeenth, eighteenth, nineteenth centuries, inherited from invisible generations, vividly illustrated and turning to dust. My grandmother wasn't a rich woman, but somehow my sisters and me always viewed a visit to her house; as though it were a visit to a fairy-tale castle. To agree, the verb should be the plural address. She told him to return it to her soon. She sat up and reached for her robe, wondering who might be visiting at this time in the morning. Thanks! She sat on a trunk at the end of one bed. I thought I.d ask before you sat down for breakfast. She sat for a moment, finally admitting she needed to embrace whatever it was about her that made her special. He sat beside her bed, his large body awkward in the small chair. waiting for her book to come in the mail eagerly, Bob Dylan continues to be a relevant musician well into the 21, invisible generations, vividly illustrated and turning to dust, invisible generations, who were vividly illustrated and turning to dust, invisible generations, whose books had been vividly illustrated and turning to dust, invisible generations, the tomes vividly illustrated and turning to dust, The SAT Test: Everything You Need to Know, The ACT Test: Everything You Need to Know, How the SAT Tests English Grammar and Writing Rules, Diction Rules (Frequently Confused Words), Conventional Expression Rules (including Prepositions), Learn and Test Your Knowledge with the SAT Grammar Rules PDF, SAT Grammar and Punctuation Rules Wrap-Up, 3 Reasons Why You’re Struggling With the New SAT Math. Some of the most common places to see hyphens are after certain prefixes, between prefixes and proper nouns, after single-letter prefixes, and with the suffix -elect. Transform one of the excess independent clauses into a dependent one. The old man satall alone. You’ll see this most frequently with a list of verbs. Do you smell anything fishy in this SAT grammar example? He hadn't seen anything like her since he sat in his father's court as a child. Sasha sat before the hearth, as if deep in thought. The test-makers want to know if you can choose the right preposition to go with words which actually do carry the meaning they’re expected to. My grandmother wasn't a rich woman, but somehow my sisters and me always viewed a visit to her house; as though it were a visit to a fairy-tale castle. The window was open to the summer evening and the bottle-opening revelers could be heard clearly as he sat on their bed. 4. The world is against my pinkie toe and me.