In rapid succession, the song lists many iconic elements of American culture to represent all that a soldier protects when he or she serves our country. im Canadian and know some soldiers who have passed on god bless all who enlist and give their lives. It's impossible not to well up every time.

“Something about the dreadful mismanagement and the shocking waste, needless waste, I thought about it a lot and it really affected me, because to me it had such resonance with the wars that are going on today.” This song is a military song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-LP2CnBNSc.

Paul Hardcastle took his inspiration for "19" from the documentary "Vietnam Requiem," an ABC News documentary about veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. hell yeah. If you have a soldier song we should add to the list, be sure to comment it in at the bottom of the page. Key lyric: “Masturbate, watch it on TV/Crocodile tears for the refugee/Wargasm, wargasm, one two three/Smutty bloody pictures, ecstasy.“, War: Vietnam War "Brothers lie in shallow graves", "Wives and daughters cut and raped", "The smell of death is in the air", or "It's another family's turn to die". This song became the biggest pop hit of 1966, revered by those who supported the war and reviled by those opposed. 8 Answers. Genre – Country, 6.

I cry everytime they say son you make me proud cuz I wud start sobbing if my dad told me that! Something like this actually happened during World War 1, in 1914, This is the most hauntingly beautiful song I have ever heard. The Turtles recorded a version around the same time as McGuire.

Click on up and down arrows to affect item's ranking, Letters from Home – John Michael Montgomery.

Here is a YouTube link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZvZ4Scr_6Q so you can see if it resembles what you recall? But when he gets there he sees his wife crying with a paper in her hands saying that he was dead. i don't want any rap songs i like country lol . Could You Please Oblige Us With A Bren Gun? The lyrics refused to pick a side but highlighted the desperate brutality of both camps. Feel the lump in your throat form as you listen to this country tune from 2004.

I am a veteran IN NEED, an Aussie, i cant open these ideos to show the momma of my baby boy why i feel the way i do........... FlourishAnyway (author) from USA on March 19, 2019: Anonymous - I'm hoping a reader might be able to help with this one, as I'm drawing a blank. Although the song was written about the passing of Green Day lead lead singer's father, its video depicts a couple separate by the Iraq War. Those often help. The song was based on the premise ‘they always get a working-class boy to do the killing’.

Answer: That's a challenging one, and although I couldn't find an exact match, this one seems to be close: "Quincentuple Your Money" by The Lawrence Arms (2001). I keep hearing thisin my mind.

135 points - added 10 years ago by guest - 15. Therefore, I truly hope that one of our readers can come to the rescue and leave a comment. "One" is one of the most chilling statements about what warfare can do to individuals. You can't talk about war without talking about the pain of the families left behind, especially those who lose loved ones. Anyone who says otherwise sat on a fob their entire tour of Iraq. A motivating song. This makes me think of my girl and hee being in the army.

it was on a debut album i think, it was released around my first deployment.in 03. And bring them safely home. Heard it on country radio--gave me chills and I sent to my friends in Iraq and Afghanistan.

You saved the day. This sons has nothing to do with the military and the title is the only thing that has anything to do with a Soldier. The message: Although written while the Vietnam War was ongoing, ‘Give Peace A Chance’ has since become a more general anti-war song thanks to its message of striving for harmony. About three-fourths of the military personnel who served in Vietnam were from lower middle/working class backgrounds. it remids me of my dad when he was deployed. About giving your all for your country, should be higher up! America's citizen soldiers may be activated to respond to natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, and wildfires. Donaldson and the Heywoods hit the pop top 40 one more time with the song "The Heartbreak Kid.". “I knew that there were going to be rough times for the Earth because this system is based in entropy, and it’s pretty much headed in a certain direction,” he said. FlourishAnyway (author) from USA on August 25, 2018: Joker1b - Thank you for the suggestions.

I miss him so much. I truly cant stand them and neither can most people. Your email address will not be published. I've searched many POW/MIA songs and the lyrics databases and didn't come up with a viable answer and knew that it would have to be a veteran or someone with a strong knowledge of military history who could generate this song. Needless to say it's a very kickass song especially for the military and they were a great band to watch live. regardless of what the song IS about, it COULD be about that to a certain person. At the end there are words that state that the song was dedicated for all of the people who served our country. He’s coming to me from a place far away, faraway where he fought and he died. An unbelievably touching song about a Marine named Matt Connolley from Greenhill Alabama who didn't come home. There are many good songs on this list! Every time I hear this song it evokes real emotions, and things I cannot express in words alone. Answer: Many people misremember the song as being about a soldier who stepped on a landmine, but it's actually about a badly injured rodeo rider.

Pls let me know so if I didn't I can send it to you. this is my pts deal with it song, every time i think back to the times, the i saw, the things i did.