Thanks Zak for making this a great trip. more. At the biggest rapid on our run - the sheriff waited for us to approach, then went down the rapid in succession with us. First off, funny, nice and huge experience level. To me this was clearly for one thing - if anything happened, American Whitewater's 7 boats would be around to help. The air quality is so crisp, I detoxed! First off 7 boats to me is a plus, every other operator who passed by had 1 or 2 boats. My wife and I did this trip in mid-September, and it was outstanding. drive from Lake Tahoe to South Fork river (meeting point) and depends on traffic. First of all, everyone raves about the white water rafting, the guides, the fun, the great day on the river, etc... AND WE AGREE WITH ALL OF THAT. The first day we got skunked on Goose Creek and after driving up and back setting different shuttles three times, we set ourselves on doing the lower half of the Lower South Fork of the Smith and then running the South Fork Gorge. The rafting company has a photographer who paddles in front of the rafts in his kayak, and he takes pictures of all of the rafts as they are on the river and in the rapids areas. The scenery was beautiful at every angle from the water. What an incredible experience! Subscribe once for a chance to win every month! He explained everything to her nicely, carefully and in a very age appropriate manner.

Antonio was an excellent guide too! An exciting and thrilling River Rafting adventure is waiting for you; prepare yourself for 8 to 10-mile exhilarating rafting down the American river that flows throughout the Sierra wilderness. . drive from Lake Tahoe to South Fork river (meeting point) and depends on traffic. Both of them were fantastic and extremely skilled, very personable. If there is a better way to show respect for these guys I'm not sure what it is!Their base camp is beautiful by the way. Safety is the No. 1 priority for this company. Alex our guide was wonderful, even though we became part of the "swim" club the first day on the S. fork. Good for all level or skills in rafting and just pure fun for everyone. This is a great river for whitewater rafting, swimming, hiking, biking or almost any other outdoor pursuit. He got some really nice shots, and he will be at the office when you return on the bus, offering his photos for sale (digital files he will email to you). A beautiful part of California for outdoorsmen. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. That's ok, we did the Chili Bar the next day and the S. fork again. Join us now and experience the thrills and excitement of our Whitewater Rafting. South Fork American 1-Day Lower (Gorge) OUR MOST POPULAR TRIP! Looking for a fun activity to do during Covid? Description: The South Fork American river Gorge Run is our most popular 1 Day trip that we offer.

Ask dougp785 about American Whitewater Expeditions, Ask captvalk about American Whitewater Expeditions, Ask Michele J about American Whitewater Expeditions, Ask Travlholic about American Whitewater Expeditions, Safe, fun time - great whitewater operator, Ask Jordan_Silber about American Whitewater Expeditions, Ask Lisa G about American Whitewater Expeditions, Hotels near Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park, Hotels near South Fork of the American River, Hotels near (SMF) Sacramento Intl Airport, Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park, Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park: Tickets & Tours‎, South Fork of the American River: Tickets & Tours‎, Tributary Whitewater Tours - South Fork American River Rafting. My wife and I did this trip in mid-September, and it was outstanding.

It's about 2 hrs. First time rafting for our family of four.

Hotels near South Fork of the American River, Hotels near Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park, Hotels near (SMF) Sacramento Intl Airport, All-Outdoors California Whitewater Rafting, Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park: Tickets & Tours‎, South Fork of the American River: Tickets & Tours‎, South Fork of the American River Tours and Tickets, Tributary Whitewater Tours - South Fork American River Rafting. Things to do near American Whitewater Expeditions. .

Truly. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. $10 parking fee for the day. It's all good, the teenage boys had a blast, and even more fun in camp resting in one of their tents by the river.

Good lunch around noon with a nice selection of food and drinks. I highly recommend this over Lake Tahoe Truckee River rafting. Our meals were included in our package, as well as tents (set up for us before our arrival). Also, if the guides suggest you might want to wear a wet suit....take them up on it. State Parks, History Museums, Points of Interest & Landmarks, River Rafting & Tubing, Other Outdoor Activities, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Water Sports. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. Get all the answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQ's) regarding minimum age, how to choose a river, what to wear, trips costs and more... All-Outdoors California Whitewater Rafting. more, Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park. BONUS: Win a Free Trip for Two! Check in was at 10:00am, nice parking lot at the office area, and we were finished on the river around 4:00pm or 4:30pm. We didn't camp but next time I will for sure. Last minute reservations and some discounts are not available online, requiring reserving by phone: (800) 247-2387. Beginner-Intermediate level; Float before Class III rapids; 12 miles; Lunch included; Meet Place: Lotus, CA Would highly recommend this company! The Lower Middle Fork & South Fork American Gorge 2 day overnight combo trip is a great first time trip for younger children. We had the BEST time ever!!

Occasionally we hit some bumps with class 3 rapids but. South Fork Lower Gorge Trip! Also those who may be a bit nervous about tackling Class 3 rapids, will appreciate the Class … [ FIND OUT MORE ] Fun family and group outing. So plan ahead if you're in that area.

Occasionally we hit some bumps with class 3 rapids but not all the time. We did Chili Bar. The location is great for those traveling from San Francisco to Lake Tahoe. When we visited we were supposed to hit the S. fork one day and the middle fork the next, but during that time the middle fork part of the river wasn't able to be rafted. So plan ahead if you're in that area. . (800) 247-2387     Live Chat     Contact. The whole time just felt really safe & good - and she loved it.In general, I think you really want to go with these guys. This is a trip that would be good for the whole family. State Parks, History Museums, Points of Interest & Landmarks, River Rafting & Tubing, Other Outdoor Activities, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Water Sports, River Rafting & Tubing, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Private Tours, Things to do near South Fork of the American River, Is this a romantic place or activity that you would suggest for, Is this a place or activity you would suggest for, Would you recommend this place or activity to a friend looking for an, Are the prices for this place or activity, Is this a must-do if you are traveling with a, Is this a place or activity you would go to on a. We will definitely be back!!

He was not only interesting, but also made sure we had a safe and fun adventure. They say OK for 6 and up but it was her first time, so it had to be safe & right. Reviewed December 27, 2017 . The trek in the river at that time in July is calm and suites all levels of rafting. Get season updates, flow reports, exclusive discounts and our most recent blog posts. Short bus ride back to the parking lot afterward. Quick camping and Whitewater rafting trip was the... I think it goes to the Parks . Awesome, we'll be back to run the Middle Fork one day and we'll do it with AWE. Looking for a fun activity to do during Covid? In some area where rapids are safe our guide allows us to jump over board in the river and float with the current which is a cool experience. read more. No prior whitewater experience is required.

She was youngest on the trip; we got in his boat personally. Our tour guide was great, and we had an awesome day on the river. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The rapids aren't too dangerous, so a young kid can also be on the boat. Rapids are a mixture of Level 1 through Level 3, with plenty of smooth areas where you float along to provide rest between the stretches where you paddle.