Photography by Dora Kazmierak. This simple one-pot supper is packed with delicious flavours of chorizo, paprika, garlic and olives. Add the rice and toast for 1 minute, stirring constantly. * This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Mommy’s Home Cooking up and running! It would be lovely served alongside a big bowl of steamed greens such as kale or purple sprouting broccoli, sprinkled with pumpkin and sunflower seeds, or a leafy green salad with a zesty dressing. My daughter Andrea is always watching what she eats but every time I make “Arroz con Pollo” she can never have enough. This definitely transformed the dish and made it much more enjoyable to eat! Is it really better than using a credit card? As you well know, I am a mother of two little ones so in my home convenience is always the key to happiness. Perfect weeknight meal that the whole family will love. Pour in the rice, stir for a minute, then add the chicken stock, lemon juice, smoked paprika, olives and peppers, and season with salt and pepper. My husband asked for more:0), make similar with shrimps , or lobster , or pork -- BUT -i add Add the rice and toast for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir and return the chicken to the pan on top of the rice. Remove from pan and reserve. Add rice, chicken broth, juice from 1/2 of the lemon, and remaining seasoning mix and stir to combine. Soak the rice in water. Here my family is 45 minutes after expecting dinner to be done... and we are about to pick out the chicken pieces to snack on while we wait for the pizza to arrive. Made it with brown rice which you have to pre-cook for 1/2 hour and then put in to cook the rest of the way. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Made with products you probably have on hand. Pour in the rice, stir for a minute, then add the chicken stock, lemon juice, smoked paprika, olives and peppers, and season with salt and pepper. This was a very delicious meal. Remove from the pan and reserve. (corn, carrots and green beans), unfrozen. Read our. Now we know. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. This is just a personal preference. I turned up the heaat to medium for ANOTHER 20 minutes, and it's just about halfway there. I made this last week and followed it exactly except used leeks instead of onion and the rice did cook and it all worked perfectly, it just needed more flavour...it seemed like something was missing. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. These simple stretches reduce muscle tension and stiffness. I want to see your yummy photos! The mixture is too dense to cook rice at a low temp for only 20 minutes.)