I like Spielberg's enthusiasim in his PG films. : Artificial Intelligence as per Kubrick's suggestion. If you don’t do awards, that’s okay, please accept this as a message of appreciation for your blog! Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Yes. Hmm, I guess the Kubrick Stare because it’s tinged with misdemeanour. Kubrick: Paths of Glory, 2001 A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange and Eyes Wide Shut, Spielberg: Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan. NS. I’d love to know your preferences…what’s your favorite Kubrick/Spielberg film? I’m guessing you liked The Shining (the scariest book I’ve read) since it’s penned by your hero. our robot Pinocchio has that stare…. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I am a fan of both Kubrick & Spielberg, both terrific filmmakers. It's less-so arguing which is better at first, and more appreciating their works, then arbitrarily trying to argue who is the better director in the end. Category: directors, moviesTags: Stanley Kurbrick, Steven Spielberg, Thanks, Michael. The face, the message, the music in that is so powerful, yes? The way it'll work is we pick 4 movies from each director that we think best encompasses their filmography and …

Spielberg reminds that he knew Kubrick far longer and better than Raphael (who gets second position to Kubrick on the screenplay of “Eyes”). But I love Kubrick a load more than Spielberg, thus Kubrick for me is the better director. Books. Their signature stares have become a cliché. nuwansenfilmsen September 27, 2014. Still like Sterling Hayden’s rarely blinking visage ‘The Killing’ from Kubrick. German Expressionism, The Western, and the Hollywood Musical, Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you’ll be criticized anyway. Surprised you missed HAL’s red eye and monotone in ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’. It’s astonishing. Below is a list of the 25 directors with the most votes, followed by how many films they have in the top 100 and how many of the votes went toward films in the top 100 (not top 250).

Travel. Spielberg it's good with cheap sentimentalism and that's it. Spartacus, 2001, Barry Lyndon, The Shining, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Minority Report, Schindler's List, Munich. by Cindy Bruchman. As noted in ‘The Shining’. Opposite George C. Scott’s manic Gen. “Buck” Turgidson trying to sell Mutual Assured Destruction” in ‘Dr. But I like them both! –Eleanor Roosevelt, Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. Care to elaborate on your fondness for Hook?

Let's talk. Films. Also think the Kubrick FACE is way better, especially from ‘A Clockwork Orange’, my favourite film of his. In 1985, Kubrick brought on board Steven Spielberg to be the film's producer. Thanks for reminding me. NS. Like Like. What a fascinating topic here Cindy! And dropping the head a fraction of an inch. Barry Lyndon, 2001, Paths of Glory, Dr. StrangeloveJurassic Park, E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jaws. It's a nice comparison, it's like warm vs cold. I was just reading your blog and noticed you picked me I’m very flattered; your appreciation is award enough for me. There’s so many other examples I could have mentioned; yes, very scary, Hal. Yes–I hope if you have nine minutes you get a chance to listen to the video about Spielberg. So a friend of mine and I are starting up a podcast this week called 'Director Showdown' (not promoting that, I swear) and we're kicking it off with Spielberg vs. Kubrick.