Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Beat Butter and Sugar until soft and creamy. instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Pvo_6H9Lp/?igshid=z226dnx52g3c //-->, 1:Poor; 2:Fair; 3:Average; 4:Good; 5:Excellent. For best results, I would strongly recommend that you measure your ingredients with a scale. i also shared your feature to my page. INSTRUCTIONS ——————————-METHOD

/* 160x600, created 7/28/11 */ Once the batter is done, seperate the batter into two bowl equally, add in the coloring into each and mix gently , add rose essence if preferred. You will also find a variety of Sri Lankan, vegan and vegetarian dishes that I make for my family and friends. ▪️you can also divide the batter into many colors , then add a dollop of each color all over the baking tray, then run a skewer over it making a pattern , this will result into an amazing rainbow butter cake! Copyright © 2020 -Celebrating Flavors- All Right Reserved.

Cooking Method Sieve the flour and baking powder together and set aside. Next, alternatively, add flour and milk and fold with a rubber spatula until well combined. Butter – This recipe can be made with butter or margarine. Subscribe for new recipes Let's stay updated! It’s great for picnics or even for an occasional lunch box treat. Add Vanila and Almond Essence and mix well. Avoid using the dip and scoop method to measure the flour as it will weigh more flour. Once the butter started melting half the way took off the stove and kept whisking , once the sugar is melted completely, added in the egg and so on … , the texture of the cake came out amazingly perfect ). Here’s the recipe for my mom’s 60th Birthday Cake!

https://www.mysrilankanrecipe.com/video/sri-lankan-butter-cake Being health-conscious I started using butter instead of margarine in this recipe, although I won’t deny that once in a while I do secretly use margarine when I go back home for my vacation so, that I get to enjoy the authentic butter cake flavor. hope you all are keeping well!

The cake is traditionally iced with a marzipan made from local cashews, not almonds, then cut into small rectangles and wrapped in coloured cellophane. Please hang around to celebrate flavors. I am Ruwani. google_ad_height = 90; Flour – This recipe calls for 250g of all-purpose flour. google_ad_height = 600; I am the author, baker, cook, and photographer of this blog. Preheat the oven at 180°C and line and grease a 9 inch round / square tin.

This butter cake is simply delicious! follow the baking tips on the butter cake recipe to achieve a flat and even loaf ! Colour the icing mixture with a desired colour. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Reader Faves. SRI LANKAN RIBBON CAKE/ PASTEL BUTTER CAKE. Collection of delicious and easy recipes! thanks ! google_ad_client = "pub-1269685570776170"; In Sri Lanka, we use margarine for this recipe. cooking is my passion, I love cooking on my own style , trying new dishes experimenting new recipes , mostly my recipes are easy recipes ,I love surprising my hubby with new dishes and trying out kid friendly recipes with my little one, my blog includes delicious, trusted recipes which i have tried and tested, and those i experimented and created, I will share many recipes which are very simple and easy but tastes so delicious ! Add flour gradually in small quantities and mix well. Take it out after 10minutes and place it on a cooling rack and cool completely.

Sift the flour, baking powder into a medium-sized bowl and leave aside. Please hang around to celebrate flavors. It would be useful for mums with kids, also you can find healthy food recipes and some important tips and tricks , and many more useful content,,,