You don’t need to complete a form to do this. By continuing to browse you consent to our use of cookies.

Find out how private medical insurance works, what's covered and the best insurers rated by thousands of real customers. your average weekly earnings are at least £118 a week. This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg). It is paid to employees of companies, who are off sick for at least four days in a row (with the exception of coronavirus - see above). It's paid by your employer but, if your employer goes bust, HMRC will pay your SSP instead. How much statutory sick pay (SSP) will I get in 2020?

Do I qualify for statutory sick pay (SSP)? Provided you meet the criteria of earning at least £116 a week, you should get the full amount of SSP, not a pro-rata amount based on your part-time work. We use cookies to allow us and selected partners to improve your experience and our advertising. Don’t worry we won’t send you spam or share your email address with anyone. Money Compare is a trading name of Which? You do not have to use this form, but you may find it helpful. By law, employers must pay Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) to employees and workers when they meet eligibility conditions, including when: they've been off sick for at least 4 days in a row (except when it's for self-isolation for coronavirus), including non-working days; they … While you're on sick leave, the standard weekly rate for SSP is £94.25 a week. Added new SSP1 Welsh - fill in on screen. Statutory Sick Pay and an employee's claim for benefit - form SSP1 Date published: 15 June 2020 Use the link below for more information about Statutory Sick Pay, and to download and complete a claim form.

If you report sick, ask your employer to pay you Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) while you are sick. As a result, you should strongly consider taking out insurance to protect your income should you get ill. Find out more about how income protection and critical illness insurance work. To help us improve GOV.UK, we’d like to know more about your visit today. Insurance providers to offer additional coronavirus financial help – are you eligible? If you're an employee, you're usually entitled to statutory sick pay (SSP) in the following circumstances: SSP is not means tested, so your savings and other income won't be taken into account when calculating the sick pay you'll receive. As statutory sick pay will probably be lower than your usual salary, though, you may find that your income is covered by the annual tax-free allowance (which is £12,500 in the 2019/20 tax year) so, in practice, you won't have as much - if any - tax to pay. You can understand more and change your cookies preferences here.

Limited on behalf of Which? When do I have to tell my employer I'm sick? We use this information to make the website work as well as possible and improve government services. Statutory sick pay isn't usually paid for the first three days you're off unless you've received SSP in the last eight weeks and are now eligible for it again. You need to register with HMRC so you can pay tax and national insurance for your employees.

All content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0, except where otherwise stated, National restrictions in England from 5 November, Employee not entitled to Statutory Sick Pay: form for employers to download, fill in on screen, save – and then print, Employee not entitled to Statutory Sick Pay: form for employers to print and fill in with a pen, Statutory Sick Pay: employee fitness to work, Statutory Sick Pay guidance and forms for employees and employers, Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance and support, Transparency and freedom of information releases.