Divide the batter equally by either weighing the batter or by eye and spread evenly with a small spatula.

Do you need to let the strawberries thaw before you make the purée? Spread the top of the bottom layer of cake with frosting. I found an increase in puree adds a beautiful pink color without the artificial and adds a wonderful strawberry taste as well. It really is delicious. It doesn’t hurt that the cake turned out to be gorgeous! Great! Carefully tap out onto wire rack to cool completely. Thank you. Heck YOU might be the worst. amzn_assoc_search_bar_position="top";

This strawberry scratch cake is far and away easier to make than you might imagine; and in my opinion, working with the triple layers is easier than two thicker layers.

I'll take a puppy on my feet, a happy teenager on the hammock, and the sounds of a busy neighborhood all around.

I was just thinking the other day that a strawberry cake needs to be in my future soon. After I get a batch of this cake batter mixed up I just sit and look at the beautiful color of it. Will definitely be printing this one off for the recipe box. If you are spreading the frosting on thick, you may want to refrigerate the cake after you apply the frosting between each layer until the frosting has firmed just a bit; about 10-15 minutes for each layer.

The BEST Strawberry Cake Ever (from scratch - no boxed mix!) If you’ve never attended the retirement rites of a senior military officer, I highly recommend it. How long will it last?

We’ve eaten this cake up to five days after it was made, and it still tastes great; maybe not quite as “light” in the sponge-cake sense, but just as delicious – just fractionally denser, if that makes sense. If, however, you lean toward the first, “the-more-frosting-the-better” group, be assured that you will not run short of strawberry frosting with this recipe. Be sure to top it with my delicious strawberry cake frosting! As always happy baking. Whip eggs whites until they form medium peaks. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. I would frost it the same day as you serve, though.

I haven’t tried doing that with this recipe yet, but generally, when you convert a cake recipe to cupcakes, you keep the oven temperature the same and reduce the oven time. Simple, sweet, and gorgeous! I will go make sure that gets fixed asap. Strawberry Cake should be in everyone's future in summer, don't you think :). And don't forget that wee bit of salt...it makes all the difference for flavor! If you use it for cupcakes come back and let me know how it goes :). This cake looks perfect! You want to end up with about 1/2 cup pureed strawberries --->TIP: double your strawberries if you want to make the strawberry frosting. Can I walk around with this cake in my hand everywhere I go? NOT what we are going for. I love using Jello in cake recipes. I don’t think anything beats a good pink dessert and this looks absolutely tasty. I don’t like to go overboard. I was worried the extra water might throw off the recipe. Thank you, Maryanne. This post may contain affiliate links, but don’t worry – they won’t bite. Wow, thank you for the recipe! This cakes is delicious!!! Set aside. All rights reserved.

Measure the buttermilk and add the strawberry jam. Join me & Mr B as we share the best in cozy travel, comfort food, and vintage vibes - from the beautiful Pacific Northwest and beyond. What about 9 inch pans would you change the recipe then? My personal cake flour preference is Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Cake Flour. The cake looks beautiful! can this cake be baked in a nine inch pan thank u.

Then add the strawberry and vanilla extract. I slightly increased the amount of strawberry puree and left out the jello. Thank you so much.

This cake is one I make often in the summer when fresh strawberries are abundant at the local farmers market. It should be gently folded in right at the end before the batter is poured into the pan. Always be sure the berries are thawed and patted dry and then treat them as if they were their fresh counterparts. I only recommend things that I use and love and the classes I have taken. I hope it still tastes delicious! You are going to love it!!! I can’t wait to try it.

Scrape down the sides of the bowl.

It is simply stunning. This easy homemade strawberry cake is bursting with fresh strawberry flavor and is absolutely stunning.