On Monday, 8 February 2016, I will begin taking “brand name adderall” immediate release. I get it for ADD, which I havent been officially, diagnosed with, but my doctors figure I exhibited all the symptoms of it. Throughout that day I think I used in upwards of 250mg of those pills trying to find a way to make them work and never did. If someone needs the drug to work for 12 hours, they’ll probably end up taking the extended-release XR version. Yeah, I had the same heart/chest pain breathing problems plus severe fatigue and nausea, which I struggled with for over 2 years. Not because one may give you a better buzz or sense of euphoria, but they are WAY easier to manage, and take as needed for immediate effects. I’m scared to go back to the IR now, because even though it worked, it is a higher dose and my heart still has a dull pain. Note: The author of this site is not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. You cant also take an XR capsule and be like, “Well, I just want immediate relief today I don’t need to be re-medicated at 10pm tonight, I’ll need sleep!” Of course, since you can’t take the capsule apart and divide the IR beads from the XR beads. Most Instead of getting the normal orange, round kind, I was given these WHITE STOP SIGN shaped ones with an M IN A BOX on them. Or you may not know… they could be PLACEBO. There could be some truth to that hypothesis, but the absorption differences are unlikely to be significant.

I have notice HUGE differences in the quality of different brands of Adderall. Neither version of the drug should be considered superior to the other. All matters regarding your health require medical supervision. The difference in cost is dramatic – for years (7) I paid $300 monthly – on a fixed income – for Vyvanse, but the insurance, recently received is NJ Family Care: BCBS: but if doctor can state medical necessity the new state provided insurance will “cover” expense without a co-pay. At night I had chest pain that made me want to go to the ER. So I guess I could say they had some sort of effect on me… DROWSINESS. This kept me awake and feeling relatively normal. Lexapro (Escitalopram) vs Zoloft (Sertraline): Extensive Comparison. I find I still need caffeine to stay awake, not nearly as much as without but I still need it.

You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. I take 100 mg of Adderall XR every day. Individual plans may vary

Adderall is a well-known medication used to treat ADHD that has been on the market since 1996. I’ve personally had the experience of using both Adderall IR and XR, and other than the duration of effect, I didn’t notice any significant differences.

Since I have the 20mg IR dosage sized pills, I can easily make my dosage sizes into multiples of 5mg.

The Adderall XR capsule contains beads with the same active ingredient as Adderall IR; 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine. Those with long school or work days may opt to take the XR version for 12 hours worth of relief. If 12 hours isn’t enough relief, the IR (immediate-release) may be tacked onto the end of the 12 hours for antidepressant relief until a person falls asleep.

We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. I had the same problem while on XR. Those taking the extended-release version (XR) may be medicated more throughout the day, and therefore may have an increasingly difficult time stopping the drug. Next post: Methadone vs. Suboxone: Comparison, Previous post: Vyvanse For Depression: Lisdexamfetamine As An Adjunct Treatment.

This drug is available at a middle level co-pay. For some people the effect may seem shorter, while for others it may seem to last the full 6 hours. Those taking the original version of Adderall (immediate-release) often would end up having to take multiple pills throughout the day due to the fact that the effect only lasted 4 to 6 hours. I already LOVE it so much more. I use it for ADHD and narcolepsy and I’ve gotta say, not having to remember to take a second dose to stay awake is wonderful.

There may be some differences in severity and duration of withdrawal related to whether you took Adderall IR or XR. By clicking send, you acknowledge that you have permission to email the recipient with this information. Some may prefer the smaller incremental increases of the IR dosing, while others may like the 25 mg option of the XR. Anyway, around 2 hours later, after taking that first so-called 30mg Adderall IR pill, I had long since been back home. Within these capsules, 50% of the pellets are immediate-release, and 50% are delayed-release. Adderall IR (Immediate Release) lasts about the same amount of time. That said, Adderall XR still is manufactured in six different dosing options, just one shy of the IR version. 2. Personally I find that the IRs work much better for me as long as I follow the directions of my PCP. He told me to take a half of a tablet 2 to 3 times a day depending on what my day looks like. Overall, there really isn’t a significant difference between Adderall IR and XR in terms of dosing options. There’s no significant benefit associated with one version over the other; they both contain 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine. There are noticeable differences in duration of effect between Adderall IR and XR. Adderall XR is formatted in capsule form containing  pellets. Assuming you’re taking the same dose, you should get the exact same effect. provider for the most current information. The first month I was prescribed XR 15 mg. Generally the greater the contrast between your “medicated state” and your “non-medicated state,” the more noticeable the crash. Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. Medscape prescription drug monographs are based on FDA-approved labeling information, unless otherwise noted, combined with additional data derived from primary medical literature. I am still shocked at how different IR and XR have been for me personally! I mostly prefer the IR due to the fact that I don’t need as long of a buzz from the drug. Individuals with narcolepsy may find that Adderall XR doesn’t provide quite as long of relief as they need, and may take an Adderall IR for additional relief when the XR wears off. The recipient will receive more details and instructions to access this offer. I have also been prescribed both forms of the medication, IR (Instant Release) and XR/ER (Extended Release). If you log out, you will be required to enter your username and password the next time you visit.

But if I wanted to stay out late, I would have to wait until later to take the XR, which made my morning very hectic until I took it. The Adderall XR version was engineered specifically to last up to 12 hours. I saw a cardiologist which said I was in fantastic condition. I tried other routes of administration w/ them to NO AVAIL. Below is a recap of the similarities between Adderall IR and XR. Due to the fact that both Adderall IR and Adderall XR contain the same active ingredient of 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine, there theoretically shouldn’t be any significant difference in terms of efficacy. The XRs aren’t manufactured in low doses, so I would sometimes just take a few “pellets” or “beads” to avoid getting the full dose – this seemed to work fairly well. Off-label uses such as Adderall for depression as an antidepressant augmentation option may benefit more from the XR (extended-release) version due to the fact that it provides long-lasting relief. That said, there isn’t specific data in regards to whether Adderall IR or XR is the more popular format among general users.

Adderall XR is taken only once a day, while Adderall may need to be taken multiple times a day. You just want to call it a day. Both the immediate-release (IR) and extended-release (XR) versions of Adderall are classified as “Schedule II” controlled-substances. It’s also WAY cheaper. This is due to the fact that it’s far easier to crush up a tablet for insufflation, than it is to crush up the tiny pellets within the extended-release version.

This drug is available at a higher level co-pay. There will be significant individual differences in regards to whether you experience a crash after your Adderall wears off. The pharmacy had to order the “brand,” so, I will pick it up on Monday. I do this with most meds.

commonly, these are "non-preferred" brand drugs or specialty Most I talked to my therapist and he switched me to adderall IR.

I’m not sure how I process this…do I process half in two hours and the other half two hours later? This means that when you take Adderall XR, you’ll get the same initial kick within 30 to 60 minutes as you would with the IR version. For the sake of convenience, many people like the Adderall XR format. and formulary information changes. I decided to go back on meds last October & worked up to taking 30mg 2x a day as needed. Therefore, the immediate-release version may be advantageous in that it is more likely to be used on an intermittent or infrequent basis, the pills can be cut, and the dosing options provide smaller increments for tapering.

Both Adderall IR and XR are approved for the treatment of ADHD and narcolepsy. Adderall XR. I feel like I absorb it better and feel it works better for me.

I get best effects from my medications this way. For 30 pills of the “brand name” immediate-release format of Adderall, you’ll likely end up paying between $158 and $170. I recently started taking off brand adderall (IR) and it is the only thing that makes me feel like I can function. It’s like nothing. This complicated treatment, especially for children that would need school nurses to take extra time to administer treatment. Both the IR and XR were helpful in treating my major depression, but at too high of doses, they seemed to induce an overly intense dopaminergic euphoria – which I was trying to avoid.

I do not know if this is directly related to Adderall as most people or things I’ve read, say Adderall actually increase the desire to have sex? The combination of immediate and delayed release pellets results in a bimodal distribution of effect that could be achieved by simply taking 2 properly-timed immediate-release tablets. The IR does make a little nauseous right after I take it, but I also don’t feel a foggy crash when it wears off the way the XR does. At first my doctor prescribed me the 20 mg of XR once a day and it only lasted for like 6 hours. I shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage allegedly arising from any information or suggestions within this website. My anxiety was back and I felt less in control, the second half of the day I was feeling sleepy and noticed that I was even grinding my teeth! Snorting, parachuting, sub-lingual.. etc.. The available dosages for Adderall IR include: 5 mg, 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 12.5 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, and 30 mg.

There also shouldn’t be any significant differences in terms of side effects. So it’s not like I ate or took anything that would inhibit, dull, or stop the effects of taking any Adderall that day. I just feel better on the IR, it’s released all at once and lasts 4-5 hours and then I take another one. I had no tolerance to amphetamines at the time, so a 60mg dose of Adderall IR after a 30mg dose before, that had no effect, should have ROCKED ME. If I happen to forget, and ate something already, I wait a couple hours after eating to take them. My problem with Vyvanse is that it only comes in extended relief. I preferred the IR version due to the fact that I could take them on an “as-needed” basis without feeling too keyed up for the entire day. For example, if you're an attorney who needs to be "on" for 10 hours a day, Adderall XR may be the better choice. Here are a few of the side effects I have noticed that actually affect me in a way I can notice. Without crushing the beads within the capsules, they will not elicit any sort of any effect. I also will be able to ration my medication better, should I not be able to get an appointment right as I’m running out and needing a refill.