background-color: #f6f6f6; /*wprm_background type=color*/ Strain the solid ingredients from the broth and return the broth to the pot. Otherwise it’s nice . .wprm-recipe-template-sassy-bitch h6 { Steps to Make It Gather the ingredients. I cannot wait to make this for my family. } Just so, so tasty. This Lemongrass and Ginger Thai Coconut Soup is aromatic, full of flavour and thoroughly comforting. Fantastic flavors and perfect for cold nights!! . A recipe for Thai coconut soup as it is commonly prepared today was first introduced in a Thai cookbook in 1890, and that is the recipe that prevails today. We also added a broccolini and small sweet red peppers. if(typeof mutation.addedNodes[i].getElementsByClassName!=='function'){continue}

How would it affect the taste? Thank you! Reheat Thai coconut soup via stove over medium heat, stirring as needed until the soup is warm. } 3. left: 50%; 15-Minute Cauliflower Congri (Cuban-Style Black Beans & Cauliflower Rice), Cuban-Style Crispy Shredded Chicken (Vaca Frita de Pollo). Visit the comments below and tell me how it went. Added a bit of sriracha afterwards for spice. padding: 0 !important; margin-left: -100px;

A flavorful Thai soup with flavorful creamy coconut milk, curry, and fresh veggies. I added a can of stewed tomatoes, kale, shredded cabbage and shredded carrots (plus the veggies in this recipe), to make it hardier. Privacy ↑19661shares This was amazing and just what I was looking for!

I added some Kale with tofu to give it more green feel. color: #00003f; /*wprm_link type=color*/ .wprm-recipe-template-sassy-bitch h5,

/*

I am a recipe developer, writer, and author of Simple Vegan Meals and Simple Vegan Smoothies CookBooks. It tastes like a very sweet coconut milk soup. Not a huge soy fan, but I love chickpea tofu and it’s super easy to make. .wprm-recipe-template-sassy-bitch br { margin: 0 0 0 32px !important; ), The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. I also love how it compliments the colorful veggies and coconut milk in the soup. Yes! margin-top: 1em !important; Thank you so much for this recipe! Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. color: #333333; /*wprm_main_text type=color*/

amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "cilanandcitro-20"; }window.lazyLoadOptions={elements_selector:"img[data-lazy-src],.rocket-lazyload",data_src:"lazy-src",data_srcset:"lazy-srcset",data_sizes:"lazy-sizes",class_loading:"lazyloading",class_loaded:"lazyloaded",threshold:300,callback_loaded:function(element){if(element.tagName==="IFRAME"&&element.dataset.rocketLazyload=="fitvidscompatible"){if(element.classList.contains("lazyloaded")){if(typeof window.jQuery!="undefined"){if(jQuery.fn.fitVids){jQuery(element).parent().fitVids()}}}}}};window.addEventListener('LazyLoad::Initialized',function(e){var lazyLoadInstance=e.detail.instance;if(window.MutationObserver){var observer=new MutationObserver(function(mutations){var image_count=0;var iframe_count=0;var rocketlazy_count=0;mutations.forEach(function(mutation){for(i=0;i

Serve warm. .wprm-recipe-template-sassy-bitch h4, padding: 120px 0px 0px 0px; .wprm-recipe-template-sassy-bitch h1 { I’ve made this as is and it was WONDERFUL!! Please don’t share links not related to the discussion. if(is_iframe){iframe_count+=1}}});if(image_count>0||iframe_count>0||rocketlazy_count>0){lazyLoadInstance.update()}});var b=document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0];var config={childList:!0,subtree:!0};observer.observe(b,config)}},!1)"use strict";var wprRemoveCPCSS=function wprRemoveCPCSS(){var elem;document.querySelector('link[data-rocket-async="style"][rel="preload"]')?setTimeout(wprRemoveCPCSS,200):(elem=document.getElementById("rocket-critical-css"))&&"remove"in elem&&elem.remove()};window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("load",wprRemoveCPCSS):window.attachEvent&&window.attachEvent("onload",wprRemoveCPCSS); In a dutch oven or large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. To add more coconut flavor and thickness to this soup, substitute one 15oz can of coconut cream for the vegetable broth in this recipe. Secure the lid and set pressure release valve to "Sealing" position. That's exactly what it was intended for Thanks, Ashley, Hiya! Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Truffle Oil & Thyme (Instant Pot Option! I was missing a few ingredients so I had to leave out the kaffir lime leaves, galangal, and brown sugar, but it was still really yummy without those items. Join our Facebook group and share a photo or ask a question!

Transfer to freezer-safe containers or zip-top freezer storage bags. Do you use the canned coconut milk, or from the carton? .wprm-recipe-template-sassy-bitch h5 { margin: 0 !important; I’m eating this now and it is so delicious! Hi! This was incredible and I am hard to please when it come to this soup! ★☆ amzn_assoc_title = ""; Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.

Hi Lucia! So glad you enjoy it I live in Spain as well, and you can find it at Mercadona, El Corte Inglés, Aldi, Lidl, Hipercor, Carrefour (not all of them) and also at most local health stores , Tried this recipe today and it was delicious. I’m Traci - recipe developer, food photographer, and produce hoarder galore! 1/2 cup basil (or cilantro fresh chopped), Both vegetarian and vegan, this recipe is 100 percent egg-free, dairy-free and low in cholesterol.

Cover, reduce the heat, and continue to cook for 15 minutes, until the water is fully absorbed. Place all the veggies (onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, ginger and Thai chili), broth, coconut milk and sugar in a large pot. Hi Minnie! (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. I’m so sorry the recipe didn’t work for you, but it works and it’s actually really popular on the blog, our readers love it I use the ingredients you see in the recipe and also follow all the steps, that’s all! Serve with lime wedges, top with cilantro and green onions and enjoy!

color: #000000; /*wprm_top_header_text type=color*/ You’re so welcome So glad you guys enjoyed it! I followed this recipe closely and I’d recommend only 1 lime, only one or two tablespoons of soy sauce, and less sugar. Your email address will not be published. Cilantro is key. Ancient Tom Kha Bpet recipe. green onion, tofu, large carrots, vegetable broth, olive oil and 12 more. Learn how your comment data is processed. This vegan soup recipe is quick to make as the veggies are sauteed, then briefly simmered in a coconut milk sauce.

.wprm-recipe .wprm-recipe-video-container { Honest to goodness best soup I’ve ever made in my life. Any information on canning this recipe would be awesome! } /*

Rate this recipe } Thank you! would be a great idea, and you’d have more delicious broth. The coconut milk, the cilantro, the lime…perfection! Thai Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup. Thai soup is customizable so you can turn most everyday vegetables into a coconut curry soup.

It didn’t taste exactly how it was supposed to because of it, but I still liked it! Combine the rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. A few changes/additions: used crimini mushrooms & 3 fresh Serrano peppers (perfect amount of heat for me) and added zucchini. I used lite coconut milk and am very happy with this dish. .wprm-recipe-template-sassy-bitch h2, The description of how to play around with flavor balance (sour, then salty, followed by sweet) really helped me make this one of my favorite soup recipes ever. } Thai soup is one of my favorites! but would love to know if it could be made in an instant pot. Remove from the heat, add the tamari, lime juice and fresh cilantro. This is truly one of my fav soups in the world!!! Ingredients 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped 4 large carrots, peeled and diced 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced 1 large red pepper, finely stripped 5 tablespoons red curry paste salt, to taste 4 cups, broth (any kind) 1 15 oz. Add COCONUT MILK, VEGETABLE BROTH, MUSHROOMS, BROCCOLI, CAULIFLOWER, GREEN BEANS, and CABBAGE.

Here's a link...check out the label Curry paste. This soup is flavoured with the delicious fragrances of lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and galangal (related to ginger) in a coconut base. Read More…. I cannot wait to try this recipe. I used lemon grass for the first time and the Hint that i cant eat it came way to late for me, i chopped it finely since I thought its onion like and it kinda ruined it, I had to fish it out of my soup which didnt worked very well…next time I should read till the end. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the basil, and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes. According to Eating Thai Food’s Tom Kha Gai recipe, the soup is not meant to be overly spicy so don’t go crazy with the chili peppers. #simple-social-icons-2 ul li a, #simple-social-icons-2 ul li a:hover, #simple-social-icons-2 ul li a:focus { background-color: #ffffff !important; border-radius: 60px; color: #000000 !important; border: 0px #ffffff solid !important; font-size: 15px; padding: 8px; } #simple-social-icons-2 ul li a:hover, #simple-social-icons-2 ul li a:focus { background-color: #ffffff !important; border-color: #ffffff !important; color: #000000 !important; } #simple-social-icons-2 ul li a:focus { outline: 1px dotted #ffffff !important; } #simple-social-icons-1 ul li a, #simple-social-icons-1 ul li a:hover, #simple-social-icons-1 ul li a:focus { background-color: #ffffff !important; border-radius: 60px; color: #000000 !important; border: 1px #000000 solid !important; font-size: 15px; padding: 8px; } #simple-social-icons-1 ul li a:hover, #simple-social-icons-1 ul li a:focus { background-color: #000000 !important; border-color: #000000 !important; color: #ffffff !important; } #simple-social-icons-1 ul li a:focus { outline: 1px dotted #000000 !important; }

As well as being a great tasting soup, it’s also very visually pleasing To bulk it up a bit, I added a serving of rice noodles to go with it. The coconut milk is the main ingredient, but if you don’t like it, add more vegetable broth or some. This vegan Thai coconut soup is a light and tasty, totally vegetarian version of Tom Kha Gai – one of Thailand’s most famous soup exports.

Thank you so much, Pamela. It’s quick and delicious. When the cycle is complete, use an oven mitt for protection and carefully turn the pressure release knob for quick pressure release of all steam. margin-top: -100px; amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Very tasty recipe! with chunks of chicken and chicken stock. The half Thai Chili is he perfect amount of heat.